PDA

View Full Version : Key Fob No longer working on newer models.

CJM
10-18-2012, 03:55 PM
As requested. Fire away Avy.

YotaFun
10-18-2012, 03:57 PM
Where to begin.
Whats the exact issue that they are having mark?

YotaFun
10-18-2012, 04:05 PM
First off,
Next time you come across this issue of the no start, hold the Emblem up to the start button.
The light should turn green and it should start, this would be an indication that the battery in the remote is starting to go.
IF it still doesn't start thats a new one to me, I know if customers keep there phones by there keys we have had a few where the key code would actually get erased from fob, but a few in the past two years.

And as far as the Prius is concerned with the start stop, the engine will only run when it needs to, other then that it will run on battery power, if you give it enough gas the engine will engage again, but other then that, the starting then turning off is normal.

CJM
10-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Basically works like this:
-Go to car, grab key fob-wont start at all. No noise zilch.
-Car battery is good
-Fob is good
-I cant recall, but maybe the light goes green. The car itself has power when button is pushed, just wont start.
-Resetting the alarm by disconnecting the car battery or unlocking the door wit key does nothing.

Hold the fob up to the button/dash, still nada. Sometimes another key works, sometimes it dont. Im guessing they are getting deprogrammed somehow. Mostly toy/lexus having this issue but a few benz I been out to had it too. Maybe people are passing the keys over one of those electromagnet things like at home depot check out.

As for the start/stop: Nah this thing wasnt the gas engine shutting off or on or the electric one either. Whole car would shut down, restart and you move 5-10ft and it shuts off again. Was pretty funny actually.

YotaFun
10-18-2012, 07:39 PM
Don't know dude, thats stuff I have never come across

CJM
10-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Interesting isnt it tho?

I still say somehow the fob gets erased or something. Its most recently happened on a lexus es I was out too. Before that was a camry, highlander, RX iirc and some others.

Heres another fun one: Check corolla elect system, everythings fine but battery comes up bad. Car ran fine during test. Replace battery, alt now craps itself somehow. Had no less than 3 in the last few months. Wasnt battery, put cust battery and others I had back in, still does it. Replace alt-bingo problem solved.

Quality aint like it used to be is it?