PDA

View Full Version : For Midwest readers... Ragbrai anyone?

jrallan26
04-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Is anyone going to do Ragbrai this year? I read somewhere this year is going to be the flattest ride ever. If anyone is going to tackle Ragbrai, how are people going to stow their gear?

habanero
04-30-2007, 07:38 AM
We missed out on the last few and this year we simply couldn't afford it. Hoping for '08 or '09, depending on how the three year old does on the tandem. He did his first real ride on it this weekend....23 miles, about 3 too long, according to him (and then he got mad that we didn't go for another ride when we got home after playing on the playground for 1 1/2 hours after the ride.)

We went with the Big Fun Club (now defunct) and they carted things around for us, got our showers ready, had a shower stall built, etc etc. Guess if we were going to do it on our own we'd take the bob trailer. It'll hold up to 80# though handling gets weird with that much weight. Still, you wouldn't need that much junk anyway. Waterproof bag, tracks nicely, doesn't add much in the way of wind resistance. Yep, bob if you're on your own. :)

emptypockets
05-04-2007, 01:29 PM
If anyone's going this year, come look me up! I'm in the first overnight town of Spencer. There's no where to wheel around here, but would be fun to meet some other UY members!

jrallan26
05-05-2007, 06:02 AM
We are in Spencer all the time, my wife has relatives there.