PDA

View Full Version : Checking in from the sun baked desert

Kryptoroxx
01-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Dropping in to prove I'm a real person and to say hello. The main reason was for calrockx and his sadly burned 3rd gen. I discovered his ad on another forum I frequent and found the build thread over here as well as more current activity. So there's the main part.

Second part was the couple of threads on doing a flat belly on 3rd gen 4runner. This is highly attractive to me as the underside of the 4runner is definitely not smooth or tucked away. Maybe some day I will get around to starting that.

As for me I'm stationed out in 29 palms and I have two yotas. An 82 pickup I just finished as much as she will be and my 98 4runner 4x4 with the 2.7 under the hood. Wish I had some trail shots but the past couple of years I have been lucky to keep up with maintenance let alone go offroading. You guys have a lot of good info and hopefully I can help a little as well.

Seanz0rz
01-10-2014, 12:21 PM
Welcome! Always nice to have new members, especially from SoCal.

Vehicles look great, any thing you need just post up a thread about it. Also, look out for one of our many runs coming up, always nice to have a new vehicle on the trail!

Good Times
01-10-2014, 12:36 PM
welcome aboard!

just a newbie jab, I've gotta question anyone who knows chuckie! ;) that guy is a very sketchy character! haha jk

4x4mike
01-10-2014, 01:00 PM
Welcome.

Kryptoroxx
01-10-2014, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I am currently working some smaller projects on making my 4runner more utilitarian. I am working on converting the rear 12v into a constant hot 120v with a switch and mounting limited fenders on my base model. This is no small feat but it will help with the mpg I believe. My tires stick out exactly 1.5" and I have noticed a drop probably from the drag?

I successfully wired an rs3000 so as soon as I get a fob I will have keyless entry at least. Hopefully tax season will bring some Monstaliner and some other goodies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Seanz0rz
01-10-2014, 02:28 PM
Flares might help with the mpg a little bit, but I wouldn't expect miracles.

Kryptoroxx
01-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Oh I'm not expecting much but I must say I can almost feel a drag out on the interstate. It probably doesn't help that the tires are wider than the last set and that these measure to 31.9in. So its probably a combination of the three. At least I can control one possibly.

I hardly spent money on them too My neighbor and I took advantage of the lkq pull a part 50% off sale. I replaced a lot of interior panels(including the cargo sides), found some tweeter pods, the whole set of limited cladding, the rs3k, and a gentax 177 mirror......all for about 150 bones.

Seanz0rz
01-10-2014, 04:49 PM
NICE! I need to pick up some new parts from a wrecked 4runner, just no time or money.

4x4mike
01-10-2014, 06:37 PM
Nice. It sounds like you've got a plan. We like posts and pictures here.

Kryptoroxx
01-10-2014, 08:12 PM
NICE! I need to pick up some new parts from a wrecked 4runner, just no time or money.

I hear you there. I get to do wrenching (which is what I like best) and modding very few times a year. I have tons of ideas....but the money tree is quite sick.

Sadly bad pictures first. I started a thread over in the right section.