PDA

View Full Version : Little blue 4Runner and ol' lady. Howdy.

habanero
08-11-2015, 07:54 AM
Lost track of Ultimate Yota awhile ago, so much awesome 3rd gen stuff here, need to get back on track. My build is on the overlanding bent, give or take a bend or two. It's my daily driver, my vacation fun, and my suitcase. I've got not much to add so will be lurking in the background appreciating all the infos.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/smcr/Colorado%20Utah%202015%20529_zpsfzfscwrs.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/smcr/Colorado20Utah202015201152_zps4vpucqjj.jpg

paddlenbike
08-11-2015, 10:17 AM
Hi hab, welcome back! This place is not highly active, but many of us are friends and it's a great place to hang out. It's kind of a third gen-heavy here, which is absolutely fine by me.

habanero
08-11-2015, 04:43 PM
Hi hab, welcome back! This place is not highly active, but many of us are friends and it's a great place to hang out. It's kind of a third gen-heavy here, which is absolutely fine by me.

Thanks for the welcome. :) I'm kinda fond of those 3rd gens myself.

Seanz0rz
08-11-2015, 05:41 PM
Welcome back!

Kryptoroxx
08-11-2015, 06:15 PM
I guess I joined since you've been away. These guys help a lot with some of my crazy ideas I keep coming up with.

Welcome back!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

malteserunner
08-11-2015, 06:20 PM
Hey Habs. I just started coming back around, too. Been quietly following along on YT. Love your thread. Keep at it!

habanero
08-11-2015, 06:30 PM
SeanzOrz- thanks! I can't believe you rolled your truck, I've gotten to page six on your thread...can't wait to see how it works out!

Kryptoroxx- there's so much useful stuff on here and I like your crazy ideas....I've got to look into your rear disc set-up...intriguing indeed!

malteserunner- Well then welcome back to you, too! Glad you're enjoying the build thread, honored you've been following it. Sometimes I tap the keyboard too much, but hopefully it's got useful stuff too.

Glad to be among you all again. :)

Seanz0rz
08-11-2015, 07:52 PM
Spoiler: I drove it to work yesterday and today.

habanero
08-12-2015, 05:33 AM
Spoiler: I drove it to work yesterday and today.

That's a spoiler I can live with!

4x4mike
08-12-2015, 01:12 PM
Welcome back. It's good to see some old faces around.

Seanz0rz
08-12-2015, 04:04 PM
Welcome back. It's good to see some faces around.

Fixed it for you.

4x4mike
08-12-2015, 05:11 PM
Good one. We've been pretty busy and I've had a few projects but I haven't had much time to post. Couple camping trips, new car for the wife, three wiring projects and whatnot. Let's keep this thing roll'n.

Seanz0rz
08-12-2015, 07:19 PM
Working on a new roof rack, hoping to have it done by pismo but we will see. Still waiting to get my car back.

Hab, come out to pismo!

habanero
08-12-2015, 07:38 PM
Hahaha, SeanzOrz...... I am old!

Good one. We've been pretty busy and I've had a few projects but I haven't had much time to post. Couple camping trips, new car for the wife, three wiring projects and whatnot. Let's keep this thing roll'n.
You have been busy! Glad to see you're still around and coming up with great ideas. :)

habanero
08-12-2015, 07:42 PM
Working on a new roof rack, hoping to have it done by pismo but we will see. Still waiting to get my car back.

Hab, come out to pismo!
Are you reworking your old roof rack or going all new?

I dunno, was just reading about how you guys are scaring all the womens off with your camping shenanigans. :D

Wish I could go, but being a lunch lady in Missouri means no funds, too far away, no funds, not enough time off and, of course, no funds.

Good Times
08-18-2015, 02:59 PM
welcome back hab! Missouri is only a hop skip and a throw away from Pismo! :)

habanero
08-18-2015, 03:14 PM
welcome back hab! Missouri is only a hop skip and a throw away from Pismo! :)

Thanks Lance and when you throw like a girl it is not!

Robinhood4x4
08-19-2015, 05:19 AM
That second picture looks like Arizona. Is that near Sedona?

habanero
08-19-2015, 08:11 AM
Hi Mr. Hood! Should have identified...
the first pic is Black Bear Pass in CO and
the second is a cute little 4x trail in Arches NP in Utah. Goes real nice after the loop hike near the campground----10 miles in the a/c, love the 3rd gen!
I so have to get to Arizona some day.

paddlenbike
08-19-2015, 03:26 PM
the first pic is Black Bear Pass in CO and

Black Bear Pass along with Cinnamon Pass, Engineer Pass...pretty much anything in Colorado with the word "Pass" is high on my wheeling bucket list.

04 Rocko Taco
08-20-2015, 04:41 AM
Welcome back Hab!!
I've been pretty absent myself. Getting killed at work these days, and when I get home around 1800, usually the last thing I want to do is get on the computer again.

Just by the way Hab, my wife still uses the line on me all the time that is somehow your fault from WAAAYYY back in the day over at YT where I told you that 'Sometimes guys want to be treated like Princesses too' and it was in your sig for awhile over there.

habanero
08-20-2015, 07:09 AM
Black Bear Pass along with Cinnamon Pass, Engineer Pass...pretty much anything in Colorado with the word "Pass" is high on my wheeling bucket list.
Me too! We managed Guanella, Old Monarch, Tomichi, Hancock, Tincup, Cinnamon, Black Bear and Imogene passes this year....so many more to do....only Hancock, Black Bear and Imogene were ones we hadn't done yet. If I keep repeating I'll never get them all, andl those side trips too...oh yes!

Welcome back Hab!!
I've been pretty absent myself. Getting killed at work these days, and when I get home around 1800, usually the last thing I want to do is get on the computer again.

Just by the way Hab, my wife still uses the line on me all the time that is somehow your fault from WAAAYYY back in the day over at YT where I told you that 'Sometimes guys want to be treated like Princesses too' and it was in your sig for awhile over there.
Hahahahahaha.....now I want to put that back in!

If it makes you feel any better, my husband uses 'Gonna catch fire', which started with my dual battery install. :/
Is is wrong I find it a little amusing that it was his car that finally did (just a little fire)?

04 Rocko Taco
08-20-2015, 08:15 AM
Hahahahahaha.....now I want to put that back in!

If it makes you feel any better, my husband uses 'Gonna catch fire', which started with my dual battery install. :/
Is is wrong I find it a little amusing that it was his car that finally did (just a little fire)?

No shame in a little laughter.
My buddies all rag me because my junk caught fire once on an especially gnarly trail... just a small fire though.

And just in case you want it....

Sometimes guys like to be treated like princesses too!

habanero
08-20-2015, 07:36 PM
Hee...got it! Now people are gonna think I'm a dude that wants the princess treatment.
(I can live with that if princesses get cool new tools and finds all the bits and pieces they're looking for at the boneyard)

04 Rocko Taco
08-21-2015, 06:31 AM
I cant ever seem to find what I need at the boneyard.

habanero
08-21-2015, 07:27 AM
I cant ever seem to find what I need at the boneyard.
I'd settle for a stripped down 3rd gen at this point.....anything....

paddlenbike
08-21-2015, 09:25 AM
Hab,
I think you need to do your own 3rd gen review, from an offroading female's perspective. Oh, and don't forget to smoke a cigar while doing the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSQg7XFkCEc

"It's thee best car I've ever had...in terms of.....well, everything."

:-)

malteserunner
08-21-2015, 01:15 PM
That video is priceless. Hahaha.

habanero
08-21-2015, 08:51 PM
Little ol' lunch lady smoking a fat stogie (ick) while extolling the virtues of wheeling the kid bearing grocery getter while waiting for the b'laster to soak in.

Well, you see, you get in it and turn the key after depressing the clutch and brake pedals. Then you drive it and it goes bumpity bump and big smiles happen.

paddlenbike
08-21-2015, 09:44 PM
Well, you see, you get in it and turn the key after depressing the clutch and brake pedals. Then you drive it and it goes bumpity bump and big smiles happen.

I'm not sure many people these days even know what a clutch pedal does, much less know how to drive one.

Kryptoroxx
08-22-2015, 10:03 AM
I'm not sure many people these days even know what a clutch pedal does, much less know how to drive one.
This is the truth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk