PDA

View Full Version : Modify the Search Function to allow member searches only

AxleIke
04-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Please change the search so we can search simply by member name, and not with any particular content. I was trying to find a post of mine earlier, and i can't do it becasue the search function wants me to "search for something".

Thanks.

Cebby
04-28-2007, 09:39 AM
I'll see if it's possible. You can view your profile and select "View the last posts of this person" for a list of all your posts.

Cebby
04-28-2007, 09:48 AM
OK, just tested something...

If you use the regular search and not the enhanced search (click the first menu item that says search, not the drop down that says enhanced search), you can enter your username and it brings up every post you've made and every reference to your name as well.

Rock Slide
07-07-2007, 02:57 PM
OK, just tested something...

If you use the regular search and not the enhanced search (click the first menu item that says search, not the drop down that says enhanced search), you can enter your username and it brings up every post you've made and every reference to your name as well.

Great...good to know.

I was having the same problem. I kept trying to search by user name only through the enhanced search funtion. I am familar with the way other forums have their search funtion set up. You have the basic search option for simple terms and what not, and then there is an enhanced version which allows you to search by user name only. I just figured it was created the same as others. That's what I get for thinking right :D

I'll try the regular search function now.