PDA

View Full Version : DoubleCab Taco in need of OME 881 or 882? Help

xcmountain80
04-30-2007, 12:42 PM
This is a post for my brother he has a 02 double can and is currently running a 6" Fabtech kit. The 6" kit utilizes the stock coils, he has since added a Warn 9000I winch and Bentup bumper and is still running the steel cable. So what we know is that these coils are made to be direct raplacements of the stock coils just with added compensation for additional weight. Question is which of the 2? 881's or 882's? Just read on ARB site that you can only use there springs with their shocks because the seats are different, I wonder how different?

Aaron

MTL_4runner
04-30-2007, 01:56 PM
This is a post for my brother he has a 02 double can and is currently running a 6" Fabtech kit. The 6" kit utilizes the stock coils, he has since added a Warn 9000I winch and Bentup bumper and is still running the steel cable. So what we know is that these coils are made to be direct raplacements of the stock coils just with added compensation for additional weight. Question is which of the 2? 881's or 882's? Just read on ARB site that you can only use there springs with their shocks because the seats are different, I wonder how different?

Aaron

The 881's should be fine if the stockers are beginning to sag under the weight. It should be noted that the 881's and 882's are the same spring rate except the 882's are just an inch taller. I'm going to call BS on the ARB website info that you can only use them with their shocks. If your brother is going for the bulldog look then you might even try a set of the Tundra coils (keep in mind Tacomas are lighter up front than a 4runner to begin with).

91ToyTrck
04-30-2007, 03:27 PM
I would go with the 881s as well. I don't believe you have to use them with their shocks. They hope you will and spend more money with them. lol.