PDA

View Full Version : Linking to UY from other forums?

slosurfer
05-01-2007, 08:24 PM
I put out invites to the Pismo Dunes trip with a link to the thread in some other toyota forums. Apparently, if you aren't logged in as a member you can't view Event Planning. No wonder I am getting no bites from other forums, finally someone told me that you can't view it without being logged in. So I logged out and tried my link from one of the other forums and sure enough I was locked out. Is there a reason for this? Many of us frequent many different toyota forums and it would be nice to have more people at our events but being blocked from seeing if it is even a trip they are interested in will turn people away. Is there a way to link directly to the thread so than nonmembers can read it? Pismo will never be a big event if we don't get participation from outside the forum. Thanks, sorry for the rant, but I am a bit embarrased since I put the invite out and didn't realize.

slosurfer
05-02-2007, 09:36 PM
bump :angel:

Cebby
05-03-2007, 07:17 AM
I'll open it up for now. The thought was to keep the trolls away and in the dark about these happenings.

slosurfer
05-03-2007, 07:51 AM
Thanks, that is kind of what I thought. I was more concerned with other forums besides YT. I just ended up transfering the details over to my invites. Hopefully no trolls are attracted. Thanks for the reply, I figured there was a good reason for it. Also, you guys are doing a great job, I am lovin' it over here.

Cebby
05-03-2007, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the kind words... :love: We'll leave it open until we have a problem...

Intrepidyota
05-03-2007, 10:41 AM
If YT trolls wanted to cause a problem, it only takes a couple seconds to create a screen name...