PDA

View Full Version : Excitement in my Neighborhood

Paul H.
05-02-2007, 06:02 PM
So I came home today from work and found my street blocked by police at a spot 4 homes down from mine. I called my wife but she was at her parents so I told her to stay there until I call her back. 2 houses down from mine I see a robot from the bomb squad poking at a bag. I ask a guy standing nearby what is going on. He says that in that house, the son of the woman who lives there forced her out, barricaded himself in the house and said that he would blow it up if she came back. I stood there watching for 10 minutes, no camera unfortunately, when this young girl comes running up to the cops and says that her parents are fighting down the street and she thought it was going to get real bad so they race of to intervine leaving 3 other cars in place.
I had to leave to go to a dentist appointment so I left. When I came home 2 hours later they were gone. So I am sitting in my house waiting for my wife to return when I hear yelling and car doors slamming. I look out the front window and it is comming from the same house as the bomb threat. Shortly thereafter the cops show up again and arrest the son this time. Why they didn't arrest him before, I don't know. So much for a quite neighborhood.

ADH8796
05-02-2007, 06:25 PM
Wow that is crazy. I live just outside the city limits for good reason.

4x4Fink
05-03-2007, 12:24 AM
When I lived in D.C. that kinda crap happened a lot. Crazy people doing crazy stuff.

We were walking down Pennsylvania Ave one night and a dude walked up to my brother and stuck him in the back with a pistol and made him give him all his money ($40) and then ran off. The cops caught the kid later, he poked my brother in the back with a Glock 19. Pretty scary stuff.

Fink

Paul H.
05-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Update: here is what actually happened. The 23 year old son came to his mothers and threatened to blow her house up. he left as she was calling the police. According to the paper no explosives were found, according to a friend working with the local fire department they found 1 pound of C4. They don't want the public to know until they find out where he got it from. He returned later and was arrested.

My034runner
05-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Man, I'm glad I don't live in your neighborhood!! :hillbill:

Euphorickaty80
05-07-2007, 06:13 AM
Jeez paul......I guess its time to move back to havenot huh??? LOL LOL LOL

MTL_4runner
05-07-2007, 07:12 AM
they found 1 pound of C4.

WOW! You don't find that stuff at the local gun store.