PDA

View Full Version : question for ABS gurus

d0ubledown
05-08-2007, 12:25 PM
OK, so i've got an annoying ABS issue which is intermittent, but only happens in a certain situation. my ABS kicks in when i maneuver my truck in low speed left turning (lock or approaching lock) situations coming to a stop, like setting up to do a back in parking job.

It started after i did my inner & outer CV boots a year or so ago. all went well during the fix but the ABS light has come on once but went out shortly after. i've checked the brakes..seem to be OK. the ABS module doesn't look anything out of the ordinary. I pulled out all 4 sensors n gave em a good clean as well as inspected the speed sensors. . thing seems OK. i haven't pulled the ABS fuse yet as its kinda hard to pull out. are there special fuse pullers for the bigger fuses or can i use pliers? i dint want to break the thing, so i haven't really tried. also is there a relay somewhere that might be faulty?

any other ideas? its kinda starting to piss me off since its only random...but is happening more frequently now and it kinda wiggs out the mrs when shes learning to drive. yes i know my truck isnt the best for teaching a newb how to drive LOL...

thanks guys...

Seanz0rz
05-08-2007, 12:46 PM
ive pulled fuses with pliers before, just dont smash the fuse and youll be fine.

as for your issue... inspect the wires to the sensors. if the sensors are the same on both sides, try swapping sides and see if the problem follows the sensor, then you know the sensor is bad.