PDA

View Full Version : the weight of a 01 tranny and a chain driven tcase

neliconcept
05-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Id like to know the weight of the two, for one Im going to be getting these real soon, i want to know if I can even pick up the transfer case by myself, and the tranny obviously i cant pick that up but i will be putting it in the back of my truck not to long from now and not sure how its going to handle the weight and other stuff.

Hopefully I can get the case and shaft first, throw em in a storage place and get the tranny last on the list and have em put in within a couple of days so I dont sag the ever living crap out of my LC coils.

reggie 00
05-08-2007, 09:43 PM
I don't know exact weights. And I'm definitely not sure what you could lift.
But i have a 5spd and xfer case i picked up for a 91. To guess i would say the xfer case would be around 80 lbs maybe more but not much more. Trans i would put at around 175 or so empty. closer to 200 right out the vehicle.

I use to pull the transmission from my Chevelle by basically bench pressing it off the motor didn't have a jack, still don't have a transmission jack for that matter. Got a 350 for free cause i loaded it into the back of a station wagon :hillbill:

I think a couple of healthy people could load it, and would be nor different if someone was riding in the back. Of course it would be a big someone.

Cebby
05-08-2007, 09:59 PM
I'll take my scale down to where I have an A340F. I have a 2000 Limited t-case hee I'll weigh that.

My A340H with integral t-case was something like 350 lbs (Crated)

neliconcept
05-08-2007, 10:00 PM
xfer case im picking up 40 miles away, however the tranny i have sourced is 200 miles away almost and dunno if any body on either of the forums are near that area, but i guess the guys at the shop should be able to help me get it on the truck. 80 pound xfer case aint a big deal. but im not a real strong guy, my max on the bench is around 205.

neliconcept
05-08-2007, 10:00 PM
I'll take my scale down to where I have an A340F. I have a 2000 Limited t-case hee I'll weigh that.

My A340H with integral t-case was something like 350 lbs (Crated)

i still have to find where I can get the mounting points for both the case and new tranny.

i just dont want to break my back on this

Cheese
05-09-2007, 07:40 AM
Me, yeah.

You, not likely.

Two of you, maybe.

This is assuming just the trany/t-case without skids or packing stuff.

neliconcept
05-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Me, yeah.

You, not likely.

Two of you, maybe.

This is assuming just the trany/t-case without skids or packing stuff.

even the tranny by itself i dont think i could even pick up,
crap forgot about the skids, thats one thing ill also have to get.

gonna go pick up the driveshaft today,

ill try and make a writeup on here as well once all said and done
(too bad that may take a while :( )

Cheese
05-09-2007, 02:44 PM
I mean the skid, like a shipping skid if that is how other people were moving it around.

Seanz0rz
05-09-2007, 02:59 PM
pallet if you will...

so are you going to get that 4x4, or are you swapping in the 4x4 running gear?

neliconcept
05-09-2007, 07:12 PM
swapping, i pick up my case tomorrow, if they have a driveshaft ill also pick that up, tranny i gotta drive a little ways. deciding on whether to take my trailer or not but its open and i dont want it bouncing around.