PDA

View Full Version : Info needed on sbc and/or 4.3l v6 swaps

HoldMyBeer
05-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Well, thinkin about either droppin a chev small block v8, or a chev 4.3L v6 into the green machine. I haven't really decided which though. Decidin factor will probably be which ever one is the better outta the engines my bud has layin around... Or which ever one has the more straightforward wiring harness lol. But anyhoo, was wonderin if anyone has a link to people who've written a writeup, or tech article, or what have ya. Thoughts appriciated too. Thanks :thumbup:

fustercluck
05-09-2007, 11:26 PM
Found this http://toyota.off-road.com/toyota/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=274607

:D

Piett
05-20-2007, 11:38 PM
A SBC is fun, no doubt about it. However the reasons for going with a 4.3 are: Shorter length thus easier to fit in the the engine bay. Shorter length also makes it easier to fit in a radiator without going through major fitment issues, they suck. Lower heat thus less likely to have overheating issues, again this sucks. Somewhat less thirsty. Not as abusive to an auto tranny should you decide to go that route. In an EFI for either I'd imagine the wiring harnesses are really rather the same. Try and avoid the LT1 since it has the stupid opti-spark and reverse cooling. Really any EFI SBC or 4.3 will have more than enough power.