PDA

View Full Version : Return to thread after "post" is clicked

96 Runner
05-16-2007, 07:19 AM
I looked through all these threads but didn't see exactly what I was looking for. If I missed it, I'm sorry.

Anyway, it's pretty simple. After someone creates a thread or replies in a thread, it would be great if, after clicking "post," the thread popped up again. As it currently stands, I have to go and dig to find my thread again or wait until someone posts in it (until is shows up in "my updated topics"). Thanks!

Cebby
05-16-2007, 07:51 AM
This is controlled by each user. We have the default set to not return to the post. Logically, if you just typed a reply, you'd not need to see it again. vBulletin doesn't let you control this on an individual basis, but we are giving our members this option.

To change your settings to return to the thread you just posted in, follow these steps:

Click "Profile"
Click "Look and Layout Preferences"
Click the Check Box "Return to topics after posting by default"

96 Runner
05-16-2007, 08:07 AM
Awesome! Thanks Mike.

firebane
06-17-2007, 07:37 PM
AH! hate to revive an old thread but this is something that was bugging me too and glad I found this. While I like the option of choosing between how we like to be taken back, I think it would be better to default back to the post as thats how 99% of the other forum software works.