PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day message...

bamachem
05-25-2007, 08:30 AM
We are coming into the Memorial Day weekend, a time set aside to pay homage to those brave young American men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice to maintain the freedoms we hold so dear. It’s the first summer holiday and a busy time for all of us; however, as we celebrate, it’s important that each of us pauses for a moment to remember those who gave their very lives that we may enjoy the freedom we all hold so dear.

“Freedom is not Free” a phrase that we hear all the time. As you pause this weekend to remember, try to visualize yourself at Normandy walking among those rows of white crosses, or at Pearl Harbor viewing the sunken hull of the USS Arizona, or standing in front of that piece of black granite at the south end of the National Mall in Washington DC, or imagine the pain of a family whose young son or daughter was lost in Iraq this very week.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE ------ Never Forget!!!!!

slosurfer
05-25-2007, 08:33 AM
:good: We must never forget!

Texas Jim
05-25-2007, 10:09 PM
It's not only the young, it's the old, it's men and women from the beginning of this country!! Times like these are diffcult and heart wrenching to all, must, we never forget the sacrifices and suffering of all who paved the way for our rights and freedoms, You see a Veteran, Take a moment to say "Thank You!" It will show them that they are not forgotten and it will make you feel better about being an American.

Many have suffered, and have been wounded for our every day liberties...Let the ones who made it home also know that your thankful for their service to our country! :clap: TJ

reggie 00
05-25-2007, 10:16 PM
:good:

Its very sobering to be in the places you mentioned.

One of the most important things i learned in the 10yrs i was in the Navy is how good we as Americans have it. It saddens me that a lot of people take Freedom for granted.

The whole entitlement attitude real makes me mad.

i second the call for everyone to,
On Monday when ever you wake up to stop for a few minutes and give thanks to those that have and to those that will give the ultimate sacrifice to help protect the future for our children.

And if you haven't been, visit these memorials, i can almost guarantee that you will be moved.