PDA

View Full Version : Overland Journal (new magazine)

slosurfer
05-29-2007, 11:04 PM
I saw this over on mud, I think I need to subscribe. Covers a topic that the majority of magazines in the states skip over.

Quote:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 4/30/2007

Overland Journal, the first North American vehicle-dependent expedition publication.

"The publication for environmentally responsible, worldwide vehicle-dependent expedition and adventure travel."

Overland Journal is a new publication dedicated to expedition travel and exploration in North America and around the world. Featuring over 100 pages of expedition vehicles, travel stories, equipment reviews, and conservation news, Overland Journal will set new standards in adventure travel journalism. Our international editorial staff will collect the most captivating and informative stories ever seen in a vehicle-centered publication.

-Overland Journal is delivered perfect bound and in full color for archival quality.
-Each year features a Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, and Annual Gear issue.

Overland Journal is content-rich, with 10+ page feature adventures and no story breaks. Skills and technical features offer a level of detail and testing consistent with the expectations of our educated and professional readers.

Published by Overland Journal, LLC, Prescott, Arizona www.overlandjournal.com
Editorial- Jonathan Hanson, Executive Editor, editor@overlandjournal.com
Operations- Scott Brady, Publisher scott@overlandjournal.com
Advertising- Brian McVickers, Marketing Director brian@overlandjournal.com

slosurfer
05-30-2007, 09:15 AM
Bump... Anyone interested in vehicle dependent expeditions? YOu may recognize one of the names above (Scott Brady- Operations) from his Expedition West Tacoma and his pieces in 4WD Toyota Owner mag.

Erich_870
05-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Mmmmm, :drool: Sounds like an awesome magazine! I just got my first issue of 4WD Toyota Owner, now I'll have to see if I can sneak this subscription by the wife. I'll send it to work! :laugh:

Erich

reggie 00
05-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Kinda pricy.

Its like $9 an issue and they only have 5 issues a year. :headscratch:

Bighead
05-31-2007, 07:20 AM
I have subscribed to and received this magazine and it is outstanding. There are some great articles (long) and minimal advertisements.

Cebby
05-31-2007, 07:57 AM
Kinda pricy.

Its like $9 an issue and they only have 5 issues a year. :headscratch:

There are some great articles (long) and minimal advertisements.

The two go hand in hand - cheaper mag, more adverts.

I think it's a great premise for a mag. I only get a handful now - used to get all of them, but got sick of seeing page after page of full size domestics. I prefer the more grass-roots type of magazines. Less fluff.

slosurfer
05-31-2007, 08:00 AM
Lance, good to know. It looks like it is bound more like a book rather than a magazine. Some mags are worth the price, I know I was paying a ton for my Longboard mag, but it was awesome with minimal advertising and was very well put together. They don't fall apart very easy.

I wish I could go for the charter subscription but the wife might have a heart attack. It would be nice if these come staggered compared to when the 4wd toyota mag comes.

erod
05-31-2007, 07:48 PM
i am a subscriber...get it! its worth $9 if your into overland/expedition travel. great articles and pics...they have a website too to check out before you decide. bump, for a great mag!

Bighead
05-31-2007, 10:20 PM
If you haven't already take a look on Expedition Portal for the thread about the magazine. Somewhere on there is a link that has a couple of pages from the 1st issue you can read through to see if it interests you.

slosurfer
05-31-2007, 10:42 PM
Lance, thanks I was just heading over there to see if they had a thread. I haven't visited there since TacoDoc headed to Iraq (I was constantly checking out his rig).

reggie 00
05-31-2007, 10:46 PM
Lance, good to know. It looks like it is bound more like a book rather than a magazine. Some mags are worth the price, I know I was paying a ton for my Longboard mag, but it was awesome with minimal advertising and was very well put together. They don't fall apart very easy.

I wish I could go for the charter subscription but the wife might have a heart attack. It would be nice if these come staggered compared to when the 4wd toyota mag comes.

I'll split the cost with you.
:)

neliconcept
06-04-2007, 10:15 AM
yeah I need to get back on to expedition portal, i may have to do this, i really am outfitting mine in this sort of way (even though i may be SASing it soon)