PDA

View Full Version : Recent Posts Function

Robinhood4x4
05-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Normally, I don't use the recent post function. In the past I've always browsed through each individual forum and click on the posts that sound interesting. Since this forum's inception, I've been using the recent posts function because of all the separate forums we have here. However, tonight I reverted back to my normal browsing and man have I been missing a lot. There were a bunch of threads that I had either forgotten to reply to in the past or just completely missed.

How do you guys view posts here? I'm going to go back to browsing each forum.

Bob98SR5
05-30-2007, 10:13 PM
steve,

yeah, that was my point yesterday re disappearing threads. but ceebs said thats the way the software works

bob

Seanz0rz
05-30-2007, 10:22 PM
i use the new post, and try to mark them as read each time i visit. i usually reply right away if i am going to at all.

Cebby
05-31-2007, 04:42 AM
I use "Recent Posts" exclusively for forum viewing unless I'm looking for a particular thread. If I accidentally mark one as read that I didn't mean to, I hit "Today's Posts" and scroll back in time to get to it and open it from there.

One thing I do like is that the search for this site is excellent.

Markduce
05-31-2007, 05:02 AM
I tried new posts but, didn't really like it. So now I just pick though. I think some sections are unneeded and could be combind. IMO

MTL_4runner
05-31-2007, 06:20 AM
One thing I do like is that the search for this site is excellent.

I agree 100% and it becomes more important all the time as the number of threads grows exponentially.
A forum with a crappy search function isn't worth posting on IMHO.