PDA

View Full Version : I finally got banned for life from the other guy's

Pages : [1] 2

Texas Jim
06-01-2007, 06:03 PM
:clap: Yes it didn't take much but Midiwall and some dentists got me after I suggested that he and midiwall got thicker skin and that I was referring to a joke on Signfield, about what doctor's that can't make it through med school do? They become dentist. lol and that was it. the Dentist got into an discussion about Hydrocodone has codeine in it and he very surly pointed out that I was wrong and that they put a synethic codeine in it to cause the same effects. I said so they use senthetic codeine in it..... what's the big difference? one he said makes your stomach upset as the other won't.... So there you have it, kids watch your step over there They have a wiki now and have gone big time. lol P.S. any one want to send me midiwall's e-mail I would greatly apprecate it. Thanks in advance. TJ

d0ubledown
06-01-2007, 06:10 PM
meh..no biggie. it was bound to happen. freedom of speech over there only applies if you're in 100% agreement of what the big brothers are saying...

neliconcept
06-01-2007, 06:20 PM
and your not the only one.

Ric
06-01-2007, 06:53 PM
wooohooooo, join the club, :tongueout: i was banned today also, :rofl: seems that me and a mod over there just see eye to eye, and she, abused her power, but telling the board that it wasnt her :rofl:

i just dont understand, that place use to be cool...

bamachem
06-01-2007, 07:47 PM
wow... i'm not alone in that club anymore! woo hoo! :D

Bob98SR5
06-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Hey TJ, you got off easy. a certain internet tough guy over there couldve stun gunned you, jacked you up with his "num chucks", and then peppered by his always loaded tough guy AR-15 :roll:

94-RUNNER
06-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Don't know for sure , BUT, that might leave a mark ! :lol:

Texas Jim
06-01-2007, 08:37 PM
wow... I'm not alone in that club anymore! woo hoo! :D

LOL ..Bamachem: according to the one in charge you were the rat of the pack and was "just stirring up trouble with the rest of us." He also went on to say that I called him all kinds of names in a PM I sent to Kctopher, and that Bob had made up cartoons about him, I called his bluff and said that I didn't recall calling him a crook and thief and good for nothing B-as-t--d, I asked to show me the PM and when he did I didn't sayany of the following I just said that if the owner was getting free mods from the advertisers for his FJ and then asking for money from the group to pay for the site I didn't think that was too good of an idea and that was all I said. I did see Bob's cartoon's and they were funny...lol I also told him to get thicker skin I didn't see where I had called him a lier, a thief, or a good for nothing..... and that I had nothing to do with the cartoons. I also informed him that If I was going to say anything like that about him, That, I am not a coward and I would say it to his face, and that he should understand that. He keep referring to this place as being set up by the C S"s and that none of them would say anything like that to his face. I suggested he was probally as confused as he was about me saying what he thought I said and I felt like everyone over here was above board...... I did offer him an apology, if he truly felt like I owed him one, I really didn't feel that way but if he felt it was necessary I would! I never heard back from him....lol what a bunch of weak sister's they are....lol TJ

Bob98SR5
06-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Don't know for sure , BUT, that might leave a mark ! :lol:

have you seen the thread that i'm referencing my remarks? better catch it in that guy's almost stolen car thread before num chucks deletes his tough guy post! :hillbill:

Texas Jim
06-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Hey TJ, you got off easy. a certain internet tough guy over there could've stun gunned you, jacked you up with his "num chucks", and then peppered by his always loaded tough guy AR-15 :roll:

Who is that, Gangus??? :gay:LOL TJ

Bob98SR5
06-01-2007, 08:44 PM
...and that Bob had made up cartoons about him, I called his bluff and said that I didn't recall calling him a crook and thief and good for nothing B-as-t--d,

wow, he really thought that it was about him? :roll: :rofl:

well, it was just dramatech as they said. i guess it got under someone's skin after all

Texas Jim
06-01-2007, 08:52 PM
...and that Bob had made up cartoons about him, I called his bluff and said that I didn't recall calling him a crook and thief and good for nothing B-as-t--d,

wow, he really thought that it was about him? :roll: :rofl:

well, it was just dramatech as they said. i guess it got under someone's skin after all
Bob,? do me a favor and post a link to that, PLEASE??? I am dieing to respond to that crap...LOL TJ

Yota4runner
06-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Jesus, I dissapear for awhile, and come back and all hell has broken loose.

Bob98SR5
06-01-2007, 09:42 PM
http://www.yotatech.com/showthread.php?t=116859

looks like someone learned how to spell num chucks correctly :rofl: must've been an innocent spelling mistake! :D i mean after all, a trained martial artist who would actually beat someone for looking at his rig the wrong way would know how to spell num chucks in the first place, right?

neliconcept
06-01-2007, 10:02 PM
i think he means nun chuckers, like to chuck nuns at? or something

reggie 00
06-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Tsk Tsk Tsk

For shame you making fun of handicap folks and all. You know the boy ain't right in the head.

On a side note. Working on getting the ol boot. Mr high and mighty Midiwall Pm'ed me a stupid threat.... "My ONE and ONLY warning...."

What ever ---Clown.

all_terrain17
06-01-2007, 11:47 PM
Lovin your screen pic, Bob. :laugh:

ChickenLover
06-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Midiwall has been flexin' his neo-mod muscles for quite some time now. He seems to be growing the UY membership, single handedly. Which begs the question: Is he secretly working for UY, or is he just a prick?

:D

Bob98SR5
06-02-2007, 12:08 AM
hehe, all terrain...do you really really like it?!?! :hillbill: i could add a stun gun!

on a somewhat tangential note, i think we should send over the 501st web commando brigade (armed with num chucks, of course) to iraq so that we can bring our troops home. all we would have to is to enrage them by telling them that someone is peeping into their rigs at home and the perps ignored the "you'll be in this casket" tough guy picture on the seat!

can you imagine the carnage?!?! worse than a vbied!!!

hey reggie: i think chickenlover is onto something! as if the conspiracy theories of why we left weren't enough! :rofl:

DeathCougar
06-02-2007, 12:26 AM
you RABBLE ROUSER Jim!!!

I had to do some whistle blowing yesterday, and I felt hella bad about it...but since I got banned once for something dumb, i figure everyone needs a good ban every now and again.

Bob98SR5
06-02-2007, 12:41 AM
coug,

hey man, still parting out that 99?!? :hillbill: good to see you here, even if you are stalking texas jim :D j/k

all_terrain17
06-02-2007, 01:03 AM
hehe, all terrain...do you really really like it?!?! :hillbill: i could add a stun gun!

on a somewhat tangential note, i think we should send over the 501st web commando brigade (armed with num chucks, of course) to iraq so that we can bring our troops home. all we would have to is to enrage them by telling them that someone is peeping into their rigs at home and the perps ignored the "you'll be in this casket" tough guy picture on the seat!

can you imagine the carnage?!?! worse than a vbied!!!

hey reggie: i think chickenlover is onto something! as if the conspiracy theories of why we left weren't enough! :rofl:

Heck of a tangent there :D

I'm out of the loop on a bunch of the threats, we need a collection of the tough guy quotes.

Bob98SR5
06-02-2007, 01:04 AM
all T,

how about making some chuck norris-esque tough guy quips? :D

all_terrain17
06-02-2007, 01:12 AM
That will work too :clap:

It's good to be here, took me a while to figure out where everyone I enjoyed reading from went!

Texas Jim
06-02-2007, 03:33 AM
How in the hell do you make a staff member of TTORA a moderator on YT??? I could write a damn chapter about everything i see happening but for now I'll just watch it all unfold.

It's called "Holding something in ones mouth!" :gay: That most self respecting men would never do!! :rofl: TJ

Texas Jim
06-02-2007, 03:42 AM
http://www.yotatech.com/showthread.php?t=116859

looks like someone learned how to spell num chucks correctly :rofl: must've been an innocent spelling mistake! :D i mean after all, a trained martial artist who would actually beat someone for looking at his rig the wrong way would know how to spell num chucks in the first place, right?

Well the block wouldn't even let me see what the peter gnat, was saying, but I am going on a trip to Washington and no nun chuck AR-15, stun gun packing, faggot is going to scare me and the boys away.... Does this fool seriously thing he is scary, too me ... I snatch up wanted fellons all the time, that is me and Chuck Norris that is... lol :lol: :rofl: Chuck Norris and Gangus :gay: lol TJ

Texas Jim
06-02-2007, 03:45 AM
you RABBLE ROUSER Jim!!!

I had to do some whistle blowing yesterday, and I felt hella bad about it...but since I got banned once for something dumb, i figure everyone needs a good ban every now and again.
I knew it was you DC...lol TJ

Texas Jim
06-02-2007, 03:49 AM
Tsk Tsk Tsk

For shame you making fun of handicap folks and all. You know the boy ain't right in the head.

On a side note. Working on getting the ol boot. Mr high and mighty Midiwall Pm'ed me a stupid threat.... "My ONE and ONLY warning...."

What ever ---Clown.
Reggie he's after you now what ever you do ..... DO NOT drop the soap in front of him.... I promise you he's gonna nail you!!! Like the beastly boy he is....lol TJ

Texas Jim
06-02-2007, 03:52 AM
Hey, can you get those UNLV teeshirts in a 5XL-Tall,? I may need it when I go to Washington so they think you were there......lol seriously will pay for a 5XL-Tall in sweatshie or teeshirt.... I was wondering about where you were and now I know... TJ

Lee
06-02-2007, 04:48 AM
why is anyone surprised?? the good people have all left, now it is inhabited by big tubbo snuffleupagus, and other power happy minions.

DeathCougar
06-02-2007, 05:49 AM
coug,

hey man, still parting out that 99?!? :hillbill: good to see you here, even if you are stalking texas jim :D j/k

Yea, still parting it out. Not much left tho. The frame and body are going to the scrap metal yard today.

I aint stalking nobody lol. And maybe I'm out of the loop, but am I missing whats going on? The only thing I see is an over policing action....and i spend every day on there!

Lee
06-02-2007, 05:56 AM
my other question is... is a PM not called a PRIVATE message? why would anything said over PM be grounds for either a ban or grounds for a moderator to be privy to the information contained in the PM??

Cebby
06-02-2007, 06:20 AM
Hey, can you get those UNLV teeshirts in a 5XL-Tall,? I may need it when I go to Washington so they think you were there......lol seriously will pay for a 5XL-Tall in sweatshie or teeshirt.... I was wondering about where you were and now I know... TJ

Make sure you swing by his house to oggle his "rig". Zabasearch has his address.

You guys are looking at this all wrong. This latest rash of bannings is an effort to reduce their bandwidth usage since they are running out of money.

Bumper/Lift/Fridge = about 9 months of hosting

Still waiting for the retraction to be printed about the bumper being purchased in the Toyota Owner mag. I sent copies of the threads where Strap admitted giving the bumper to Corey off to the proper folks at the magazine. :flipoff:

neliconcept
06-02-2007, 06:29 AM
my other question is... is a PM not called a PRIVATE message? why would anything said over PM be grounds for either a ban or grounds for a moderator to be privy to the information contained in the PM??

yes i am curious about this as well

MTL_4runner
06-02-2007, 09:43 AM
Geez membership has been growing quickly over here hasn't it. :D
I feel left out of the internet commando club, can I get a set of nut chucks too?! :spit:

Bob98SR5
06-02-2007, 09:43 AM
coug,

Yea, still parting it out. Not much left tho. The frame and body are going to the scrap metal yard today.

I aint stalking nobody lol. And maybe I'm out of the loop, but am I missing whats going on? The only thing I see is an over policing action....and i spend every day on there!

just pulling your leg man. good to see you here :clap:

fustercluck
06-02-2007, 10:02 AM
i think he means nun chuckers, like to chuck nuns at? or something

'Numbgnuts' maybe?

calrockx
06-02-2007, 10:23 AM
all we would have to is to enrage them by telling them that someone is peeping into their rigs at home and the perps ignored the "you'll be in this casket" tough guy picture on the seat!

hahahaha glad i'm not the only one to get a laugh out of that

internet tough guy :rofl:

SD4runner
06-02-2007, 11:33 AM
I just got banned today myself.

Course, I said bad words in spanish, told a guy to shove a cat up his ass, and, hmmm..what else?

calrockx
06-02-2007, 01:29 PM
you guys are havin all the fun, i wanna get banned!

ha, i haven't posted over there since early april

Ric
06-02-2007, 02:18 PM
you guys are havin all the fun, i wanna get banned!

ha, i haven't posted over there since early april

lol,, from the looks of it, its not taking much these days...
this place is soooooo much better anyway..

NC994Run
06-02-2007, 02:24 PM
I think it's about time i took down my yotatech window stickers and get some for ultimateyota .... seems like they have banned the cream of the crop

Bob98SR5
06-02-2007, 02:30 PM
all we would have to is to enrage them by telling them that someone is peeping into their rigs at home and the perps ignored the "you'll be in this casket" tough guy picture on the seat!

hahahaha glad i'm not the only one to get a laugh out of that

internet tough guy :rofl:

charles,

i tried to find that lame casket picture on the seat thing. do you still have it?

I think it's about time i took down my yotatech window stickers and get ome for ultimateyota .... seems like they have banned the cream of the crop

NC,

We're still working on finding a suitable sticker vendor. I got a batch in that looks purdy good, so wait just a little while longer.

Bob

Ric
06-02-2007, 02:38 PM
lol

I think it's about time i took down my yotatech window stickers and get some for ultimateyota .... seems like they have banned the cream of the crop
my sticker from that place has been removed for a few months now, if not longer,, lol
you all know me,, i gotta have stickers, lol, soo Ill be sporting a few of UT stickers and some shirts when they get done..

calrockx
06-02-2007, 02:55 PM
bob,

get ready to laugh!
here's the pic (http://www.pnw4runners.com/pics/break_in.jpg)

edit:
hahaha, looks like someone pulled the ol switcheroo, the casket pic was replaced with their best logo that never was. :flipoff:

Ric
06-02-2007, 03:10 PM
since i was banned, after, they told me i was "rig of the week" im guessing that wont happen :rofl:

yes i am curious about this as well maybe you should shot her a PM :rofl: :rofl:

fustercluck
06-02-2007, 03:13 PM
I noticed SC4Runner got banned. That's too bad. I liked sparring with him periodically...

fustercluck
06-02-2007, 03:16 PM
I see rockx's 'question' thread was deleted a few seconds ago. What's the dealio? It seemed like an innocent topic.

http://filmfanatic.org/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/HammerSickle2.JPG

calrockx
06-02-2007, 03:16 PM
haha, the thread got deleted after like 10 minutes, but this is what it said

ME: I heard it's easy to get banned on this website...is that so?

SOME YT NEWBIE: In my personal opinion, as long as you stick to the rules everyone seams pretty nice and easy to get along with... Just my 2 cents.

FUSTERCLUCK: [a bunch of the dancing ban gifs]

ME: Fustercluck,

I fail to see what an anthropomorphic animation has to do with this serious matter. Please, curb your juvenile tendencies and stay on topic. Seems to me like you're looking at a ban yourself with those antics.

FUSTERCLUCK: You realize your asking an hopelessly juvenile retrograde to curb his puerile propensity while having never developed the discipline to do so?....

ME: Um....I'm pretty sure we can get banned for that.

fustercluck
06-02-2007, 03:20 PM
my aborted response was, 'the leader of the band has his perks'....it was a thickly veiled barb.

SD4runner
06-02-2007, 03:48 PM
I noticed SC4Runner got banned. That's too bad. I liked sparring with him periodically...

HI!!!!!!

DeathCougar
06-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Well, as long as UY doens't become a Dramafest, we will be all right...so all you mods and higher ups, keep it real homies. lol.

SD4runner
06-02-2007, 04:23 PM
How come it says you have zero posts, when you've just posted?!! :headscratch:

habanero
06-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Off topic is calorie free....all the fat with none of the gain.

fustercluck
06-02-2007, 04:44 PM

HI!!!!!!

Hey man! Nice to see ya here. It's probably inappropriately morbid curiosity, but what'd you do to get banned?

fustercluck
06-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Off topic is calorie free....all the fat with none of the gain.

Hi Hab....:D

Bob98SR5
06-02-2007, 05:11 PM
since i was banned, after, they told me i was "rig of the week" im guessing that wont happen :rofl:

ric,

by the way, and i'm sure most of you didn't notice (or maybe you all did), the "rig of the week" thing over there was another farce that was curiously implemented the same day that a certain generous advertiser who happened to be selling his truck that umm..that SAME DAY. yeah, we got a record of the unusual timing. and even more ham handed was how "trucks of the week" were retroactively created a few weeks prior so as to give the illusioin that...ummm, this TOTW thing was already in place! :rofl:

wow, that was sheer genius :roll: i wonder who was the brains behind that one?

...and fellas, now i got a certain moderator from TOF nagging me via email about me being libelous. well guess what, thats an observation based on FACTS up there, champ :angel: :flipoff:

Ric
06-02-2007, 05:16 PM
i really dont care, all the good people are here, well except me, lol Im still learning from all the people here.

Cebby
06-02-2007, 05:50 PM
It's not good to piss in Bob's Wheaties...

calrockx
06-02-2007, 06:02 PM
that's funny, i just read an article on defamation/libel/slander in a design magazine....but hey, throw that word around and you sure sound fancy

Bob98SR5
06-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Well, as long as UY doens't become a Dramafest, we will be all right...so all you mods and higher ups, keep it real homies. lol.

coug,

watch what happens when the first newb posts a "what should i do about my girlfriend?" thread or "this kid in my high school got in my face" thread :D

bob

Cebby
06-02-2007, 07:05 PM

coug,

watch what happens when the first newb posts a "what should i do about my girlfriend?" thread or "this kid in my high school got in my face" thread :D

bob

It's happened - they did not pass go, they did not collect $200 dollars, they went directly to OLY's HOLE!!!

DeathCougar
06-02-2007, 07:06 PM
lol THANK GOD I always wanted to really dig into those guys....now I get the chance? You mean...NO EMO DRAMAFEST HERE?? No way.

Imagine that....a bunch of grown ups discussing grownup topics, and being mature about it. Whodathunk?

btw whats TOF?

Bob98SR5
06-02-2007, 07:09 PM
TOF = the other forum. i dont know who coined that term, but it works for me

as youve probably noticed, posts counts here in off topic do not count towards your post count, only tech related posts do. thus, it'll be more clear who is post padding vs who is truly got stuff to contribute

Ric
06-02-2007, 07:14 PM
it'll be more clear who is post padding vs who is truly got stuff to contribute

i have nothing to contribute (in the tech. section), all you guys are levels, above me, my skill and my rig level. :thumbup:

DeathCougar
06-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Oh, so you mean people wont have 6000 posts by posting 2000 replys in "post three words" or "alphabet game" threads? lol.

Course I am one to talk, given that I only have...um...0 posts. Shite that sucks.

TroysToy
06-02-2007, 07:27 PM
I like the alphabet game :flipoff:

DeathCougar
06-02-2007, 07:43 PM
yea, for about 3 posts. then its old and post whory lol.

Cebby
06-02-2007, 07:58 PM
yea, for about 3 posts. then its old and post whory lol.

Post Whory only works if posts count in OT.... :D

DeathCougar
06-02-2007, 08:10 PM
well, i mean with TOF lol.

Cebby
06-02-2007, 08:11 PM
well, i mean with TOF lol.

Oh, cuz we have our own alphabet game too...

Lee
06-02-2007, 08:23 PM
libel? BWAHAHAHAH

man. it is really sorta sad. i liked that site for a while there... the "recent hires" pretty much sealed its position as the lame duck.

so glad i could come on board here and help this place however i can.

TroysToy
06-02-2007, 08:25 PM
And I like our alpha game, cuz I am still a newbie :D Which is what I am :headscratch:

midiwall
06-02-2007, 08:51 PM
Hmm... looks like I can get back on the forum now. Thanks Bob.

So... anyone wanna talk about what happened on YT and get the other side of the story? Lemme know..

Cebby
06-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Hmm... looks like I can get back on the forum now. Thanks Bob.

So... anyone wanna talk about what happened on YT and get the other side of the story? Lemme know..

Mark, you were never not able to access the forum - your status has not changed whatsoever. Our Off Topic is viewable by logged in members only. Whoever linked you to this thread forgot to tell you to login first.

As far as knowing the other side of the story, I'm a firm believer in actions speaking louder than words.

midiwall
06-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Hi Mike,

SOMETHING was up... I've been getting this screen all day when I tried to get to the thread:

http://www.midiwall.com/4Runner/misc/20070602_UY_1477-0.jpg

No matter... I'm here now and will wait for one of the folks to ask about what happened to them.

As far as knowing the other side of the story, I'm a firm believer in actions speaking louder than words.??? so... you don't want to hear what really happened with TJ, Ric and Lee?

slosurfer
06-02-2007, 09:20 PM
I would like to know but I would also like to know why anything like this can not be discussed on TOF. Seems crappy that you can't even question anything over there.

Bob98SR5
06-02-2007, 09:21 PM
Mark,

Good grief man, you'd think a computer guru like yourself could figure this out on your own. You have to frickin' log in. And you're calling ME the chicken? And thanks for your second condescending email. And you can't figure out why me or any of the other mods would want to have a dialogue with you? :roll: Now go away, Mark. We heeded your advice to start our own forum. You seem to be obsessed with emailing me and coming over here to start trouble. Seems to me that the trouble started with YOU being heavy handed w/ the few guys who were trying to be neutral and those guys were just venting about it.

Bob

midiwall
06-02-2007, 09:27 PM
I would like to know but I would also like to know why anything like this can not be discussed on TOF. Seems crappy that you can't even question anything over there.

Something that I think is important to note is that each forum has it's own set of rules. It's a core part of YT's charter that the forum be G/PG rated _and_ that there's no back & forth bantering.

A public discussion about "this", in the manner that's it's come about here, is against the forum guidelines.

Plenty of discussion with the people in question HAD occurred in PMs and email - even a phone call once or twice - BEFORE the bans happened.

Mark,

Good grief man, you'd think a computer guru like yourself could figure this out on your own. You have to frickin' log in. And you're calling ME the chicken? And thanks for your second condescending email. And you can't figure out why me or any of the other mods would want to have a dialogue with you? :roll: Now go away, Mark. We heeded your advice to start our own forum. You seem to be obsessed with emailing me and coming over here to start trouble. Seems to me that the trouble started with YOU being heavy handed w/ the few guys who were trying to be neutral and those guys were just venting about it.

Bob

Hi Bob. I DID log in... that screen is what came up.

I am NOT coming to start trouble, I'm coming to address the issues that a couple of people seem to have.

Texas Jim
06-02-2007, 09:28 PM
Oh gee Bob let the COWARD stay??? Please I would like to hear what Gangus like trash he has to say? :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: TJ

reggie 00
06-02-2007, 09:34 PM
:lol:

:popcorn:

midiwall
06-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Thanks Jim...

("coward"? I'm right here...)

You were banned from YT because of constantly berating and belittling people on the forum. No matter how many times people asked you to tone it down, (myself, Molly and Rob), you kept on it.

Also, when _I_ PM'd you this:
http://www.midiwall.com/4Runner/misc/20070509_TJ_01.gif

You sent a PM to Chris that said, in part:

I made a small joke about last week, about Midiwall, and I get a PM from him and here's how it's addressed "You got a problem?" it was from him and it was only a joke about some e-bay scammers and I put in my quote that the scammers on e-bay should go to the" Hub's of Hell, or go live with Midiwall, the very next day is when I get his PM, I don't know him but I do know me and I am the kind of guy that if you don't know me, and he is looking to cause me trouble. or threating me in any way, shape, of form.That wouldn't be to bright of idea on his part! I think he is probally the most humor-less person on your board. but that is my opion which I am intitled to

I've been unclear about how you got all that from a PM asking if you had something to say? You never did reply to me.

Texas Jim
06-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Midiwall, Do you see my avatar? figure it out...and as far as sending Bob nasty email's I can only guess what you are threatening to do, but guess what??? You have no legal grounds!!! Wiki that at TOP it should become quite clear for you!!

Now consider Bob like John Wayne toilet paper, It doesn't take any Midiwall... AKA shat! TJ

midiwall
06-02-2007, 09:43 PM

Hi Reggie...

So, I slapped you on the wrist because of you posting a graphic which was CLEARLY beyond YT's guidelines. In the PM that you sent back you inferred that you had gotten it from some other post. No matter, it was against the guidelines. The fact that we didn't see it before just means that yes, we didn't see it before.

Again you guys... This isn't about YOU as you're all making it out be. This is a simple case about you having AGREED to abide by rules of a forum and not doing so. YT isn't Pirate, it was never in the charter to allow some of the stuff that folks have been doing/saying.

YES - Rob, Molly and myself are cracking down. We're looking to uphold the charter and give people a clean place to come to. If they want to post graphics about "Two in the..." then they can do that elsewhere.

Bob, got your reply email. Thanks for taking the time.

midiwall
06-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Midiwall, Do you see my avatar? figure it out...

Is that a threat Jim? Want an address to find me at?

and as far as sending Bob nasty email's I can only guess what you are threatening to do, but guess what??? You have no legal grounds!!!

Well, given that Bob only paraphrased what I said, and you haven't seen his reply back to me, nor all the other emails between us, then I'm kinda' thinking that you don't really know what I have grounds to do or not to do.

midiwall
06-02-2007, 09:48 PM
What's funny Jim is that you took that kindofan angle in replying to my post. Why are you dodging the point?

Texas Jim
06-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks Jim...

("coward"? I'm right here...)

You were banned from YT because of constantly berating and belittling people on the forum. No matter how many times people asked you to tone it down, (myself, Molly and Rob), you kept on it.

Also, when _I_ PM'd you this:
http://www.midiwall.com/4Runner/misc/20070509_TJ_01.gif

You sent a PM to Chris that said, in part:

I made a small joke about last week, about Midiwall, and I get a PM from him and here's how it's addressed "You got a problem?" it was from him and it was only a joke about some e-bay scams and I put in my quote that the scams on e-bay should go to the" Hub's of Hell, or go live with Midiwall, the very next day is when I get his PM, I don't know him but I do know me and I am the kind of guy that if you don't know me, and he is looking to cause me trouble. or threating me in any way, shape, of form.That wouldn't be to bright of idea on his part! I think he is probally the most humorless person on your board. but that is my op ion which I am in titled to

I've been unclear about how you got all that from a PM asking if you had something to say? You never did reply to me.

What's your point? Midiwall you always have you're mind made up!! If you have the ability to comprehend what has been written in this thread you would figure it out that nobody wants you here... No go home and love your Mommy some more I feel that you are lacking in that area!!!

I tried to talk to you!!! You really are in Love with yourself, Yes you are a COWARD!!! TJ

I forgot that you said that you were picking up the slack that the other mods were not doing and that they were lazy and not doing their job!! TJ

reggie 00
06-02-2007, 09:56 PM

Hi Reggie...

So, I slapped you on the wrist because of you posting a graphic which was CLEARLY beyond YT's guidelines. In the PM that you sent back you inferred that you had gotten it from some other post. No matter, it was against the guidelines. The fact that we didn't see it before just means that yes, we didn't see it before.

Again you guys... This isn't about YOU as you're all making it out be. This is a simple case about you having AGREED to abide by rules of a forum and not doing so. YT isn't Pirate, it was never in the charter to allow some of the stuff that folks have been doing/saying.

YES - Rob, Molly and myself are cracking down. We're looking to uphold the charter and give people a clean place to come to. If they want to post graphics about "Two in the..." then they can do that elsewhere.

Bob, got your reply email. Thanks for taking the time.

I don't really want to do the whole my opinion your opinion thing here.

But as i am sure lots of people will agree TOF has become quite different since the big turn over. and if you have access to the times i have been there as well possibly others log in times i would think it would point to that fact that it is not sitting well with people.

Cebby
06-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Now TJ, don't piss on the olive branch...

I think what people have an issue with is the widely discretionary enforcement of the rules over there. Or for that matter, new rules drafted like #17 out of insecurity.

As far as TJ's comments, I've been reading over there. IMO, he hasn't gone too far - what I think he has done is get under your skin a little. It seems more a case of you not being able to separate your personal feelings from the job of moderator. That sort of stuff comes with time on the job and having a fair and intelligent moderating staff to bounce things off of. We did many things as a team and formed a like mindset. Our mindset was fair and just - the members responded well to it. Maybe with time your team will be able to develop the synergy we had. Maybe not - so far, the gunslinger, ban 'em all mentality isn't doing much for the health of your forum.

Cracking down on the charter (:rofl:) is one thing, but letting the forum go to pot in the process isn't a good gameplan. You've got bigger fish to fry, like actually reading the forum more and doing the housecleaning. It kills me to see the hard work that our group put into get undone so quickly.

The only respect you are getting is from the newbies - you've alienated too many with the heavy handed moderating approach. I just hope the content survives. What your owner and master seems to forget is that the content is king. Anyone moderating has an obligation to the members to be fair since they are building the forum with their time and effort with no promise of recognition. Your owner doesn't get that simple point. It all starts at the top.

Texas Jim
06-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Midiwall, Do you see my avatar? figure it out...

Is that a threat Jim? Want an address to find me at? I don't need it I already have it and consider it what you want to your the one who's being the jerk here... I have asked you many times to adopt a since of humor, but you are just to serious for me... Like I said take it for what it's worth and act accordingly.....You Coward!!! TJ

and as far as sending Bob nasty email's I can only guess what you are threatening to do, but guess what??? You have no legal grounds!!!

Well, given that Bob only paraphrased what I said, and you haven't seen his reply back to me, nor all the other emails between us, then I'm kinda' thinking that you don't really know what I have grounds to do or not to do.

midiwall
06-02-2007, 10:02 PM
What's your point? Midiwall you always have you're mind made up!! If you have the ability to comprehend what has been written in this thread you would figure it out that nobody wants you here...

Well, at least I'm here willing to answer the "charges" brought against me.

I tried to talk to you!!!

Yeup, you're right. We had flipped some PMs before the "got a problem" question. You asked what happened, I pointed at evidence, you chose to ignore it.

I forgot that you said that you were picking up the slack that the other mods were not doing and that they were lazy and not doing their job!! TJ

I said that the posts in question you had pointed to in your "defense" (this is months aog, from when you and I first had words) must have slipped by the previous mods because they were clearly outside of YTs guidelines.

I also told Reggie basically the same thing when he pointed to a similar issues.

Bob98SR5
06-02-2007, 10:04 PM
thanks, mike. you said it much nicer than i ever could today. now i can put away my num chucks :smokin:

ecchamberlin
06-02-2007, 10:05 PM
It sounds like the bannings are in fact justified as per the YT charter guidelines. Some of the rules are a bit on the strict side but when we are/were there we should abide by them. Easy day.

Rules about that stuff here are more in line with my liking so I spend more time here.

I think the money stuff that I have heard of is what bothers me the most. I am a YT contributing member and would like to think that it only went into the forum and not anywhere else period. And if people have been fired from staff positions for questioning use of funds or personal gain from "free" vendors that puts a bad taste in your mouth. Just not ethical. Do I know this stuff as a fact? No I do not. However, from actions taken it does seem quite clear how this went down.

Cebby
06-02-2007, 10:08 PM
I will dispel any rumors now. No one was "fired". We all resigned due to our differences with Corey.

midiwall
06-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the level headed post Mike. I DO see that side, but where's the line?

Again, the people that have been banned recently _were_ talked to via emails, PMs and a couple were called via voice. The public impression of no-waiting heavy handedness is misinformed. We tried bringing that up in public over there today, but it turned sour.

So... what can you do?

Jim; your communication skills are similar to Bobs. You never actually address the point before you, you just deflect it in some other direction.

Reggie; Point taken, but again, understand my side as well. What you posted was WAY against forum rules, and I told you so.

reggie 00
06-02-2007, 10:11 PM
fired, resigned.
Still the whole thing was off. Especially the way it was handled information wise.

Cebby
06-02-2007, 10:12 PM
thanks, mike. you said it much nicer than i ever could today. now i can put away my num chucks :smokin:

Good, cuz you might hurt yerself on your way to protecting yer crap... A coffin is waiting.

ecchamberlin
06-02-2007, 10:13 PM
I guess fired is the wrong word. Good call. Still unethical.

reggie 00
06-02-2007, 10:17 PM
Reggie; Point taken, but again, understand my side as well. What you posted was WAY against forum rules, and I told you so.

If the person reading or seeing that post is one not in the know, it would mean absolutely nothing to them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_entendre

Texas Jim
06-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Now TJ, don't piss on the olive branch...

I think what people have an issue with is the widely discretionary enforcement of the rules over there. Or for that matter, new rules drafted like #17 out of insecurity.

As far as TJ's comments, I've been reading over there. IMO, he hasn't gone too far - what I think he has done is get under your skin a little. It seems more a case of you not being able to separate your personal feelings from the job of moderator. That sort of stuff comes with time on the job and having a fair and intelligent moderating staff to bounce things off of. We did many things as a team and formed a like mindset. Our mindset was fair and just - the members responded well to it. Maybe with time your team will be able to develop the synergy we had. Maybe not - so far, the gunslinger, ban 'em all mentality isn't doing much for the health of your forum.

Cracking down on the charter (:rofl:) is one thing, but letting the forum go to pot in the process isn't a good gameplan. You've got bigger fish to fry, like actually reading the forum more and doing the housecleaning. It kills me to see the hard work that our group put into get undone so quickly.

The only respect you are getting is from the newbies - you've alienated too many with the heavy handed moderating approach. I just hope the content survives. What your owner and master seems to forget is that the content is king. Anyone moderating has an obligation to the members to be fair since they are building the forum with their time and effort with no promise of recognition. Your owner doesn't get that simple point. It all starts at the top.

You are very right Cebby, this is an olive branch and I should be looking at it different... I know Midiwall is trying to explane himself by quoiting previous PM's that were sent back and forth, I am a little confused however. He chose to quote the PM where he tried to bully me,but yet he clearly forgot to quote the PM where he said that the previous mods were lazy and not doing their job's I guess that is called selective diplomacy.

Cebby you really did do a nice job of pointing out how he could make thing better FTOP forum and what they may do to help it along.... I sure hope he's smart enough to listen..... TJ

midiwall
06-02-2007, 10:18 PM
It sounds like the bannings are in fact justified as per the YT charter guidelines. Some of the rules are a bit on the strict side but when we are/were there we should abide by them. Easy day.

Rules about that stuff here are more in line with my liking so I spend more time here.

This is an excellent attitude. Thank you. YT _is_ strict, but that's just how it is. fwiw, my mouth can get as bad as anyones, but over there, I'm very tame - as per the rules.

I think the money stuff that I have heard of is what bothers me the most. I am a YT contributing member and would like to think that it only went into the forum and not anywhere else period. And if people have been fired from staff positions for questioning use of funds or personal gain from "free" vendors that puts a bad taste in your mouth. Just not ethical. Do I know this stuff as a fact? No I do not. However, from actions taken it does seem quite clear how this went down.

One thing I can address directly on this is an accusation that was made somewhere in this thread about Corey taking graft from Strap22. Didn't happen. It's all a rumor that got started and happened to stick.

btw, I appreciate the old mods having left YT en masse due to differences with how the ownership was doing things. That happens in normal day-to-day life... you don't like the bananas at the store on the corner, so you shop somewhere else. It's a choice.

But, that's in the past, and YT is now being run in a different manner. We've read the rules and we're trying to clean it up. It's all cool if you don't like it, but don't go walking lines and teasing the edge of the rules by playing games with double entendres and pointing to posts from a year ago. That won't fly.

Cebby
06-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the level headed post Mike. I DO see that side, but where's the line?

Again, the people that have been banned recently _were_ talked to via emails, PMs and a couple were called via voice. The public impression of no-waiting heavy handedness is misinformed. We tried bringing that up in public over there today, but it turned sour.

So... what can you do?

DING DING DING DING!!!

We have a winner. If you have to PM, EM, AND call people to get your point accorss, you either A: Aren't communicating your point in a constructive manner (ie too heavy handed) or B: You haven't earned the respect of many of the seasoned members through your actions as a mod. It IS ok to turn the other cheek sometimes - you should take into account the long term track record of the individual, their contributions to the community and the possible collateral damage that banning on a purely black and white interpretation of the rules might bring. If you are taking your cues from Corey on how to mod, stop now. If he has some new internet tough guy initiative, have a work slow down. We had to protect him from himself more than I care to remember.

midiwall
06-02-2007, 10:23 PM

If the person reading or seeing that post is one not in the know, it would mean absolutely nothing to them.

And, rule #1 from YT says:

1. Inappropriate pics, inappropriate links (direct or to pages with nested links), and all material considered "Not Work Safe"

No nudity (porn) will be tolerated - pictures, links, or links to pages with nested links. Be sure you thoroughly investigate your links prior to posting them. Many surf YotaTech from work, and a questionable link could result in the person losing their job since many companies monitor their employee's internet activity.

This now includes threads we have allowed in the past, such as "hot girl pic" threads. This content is just not safe for those surfing in a work environment. Sure, many of us like half or fully naked women, but there is just no place for it at YotaTech. We strive to make YotaTech a home/work safe site, so posting threads such as mentioned can get a person in trouble or fired from their job. Not cool, end of story.

If you think, even for a second, that something is "not work safe" don't post it. If you feel a need to post something and add "not work safe" to either the title or the post, don't post it in the first place (or remove it if you posted it during a mental lapse)

The last line is the key... I've been restating it on YT lately as "if you don't think Mickey or Shrek would say it, don't".

Cebby
06-02-2007, 10:28 PM
One thing I can address directly on this is an accusation that was made somewhere in this thread about Corey taking graft from Strap22. Didn't happen. It's all a rumor that got started and happened to stick.

It really stuck, because Strap even believes it.

He admited in a YT thread (most likely deleted) and he also admitted it to us via EM (or maybe it was PM). Regardless, we save all that stuff.

Cebby
06-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Shrek says fart sack, is that OK? :laugh:

midiwall
06-02-2007, 10:29 PM

So... what can you do?

DING DING DING DING!!!

We have a winner. If you have to PM, EM, AND call people to get your point accorss, you either A: Aren't communicating your point in a constructive manner (ie too heavy handed) or B: You haven't earned the respect of many of the seasoned members through your actions as a mod. It IS ok to turn the other cheek sometimes - you should take into account the long term track record of the individual, their contributions to the community and the possible collateral damage that banning on a purely black and white interpretation of the rules might bring.

Again though, there's the root charter of YT - G/PG and the various other rules that folks have broken. Corey (and Chris) want YT to be safe for a 13yo. If we don't crack down on the stuff that's going on (and yes, of course chasing some people away) then what will the _parents_ say when they look over Junior's shoulder at the pics of large busted women and all the comments that are CLEARLY not for the eyes of a minor?

When we've brought this up in public, people are quick to say "hell, I lost my virginity when I was 13!" or "I knew all about tits when I was 12!". Great, but ya' know, WE don't have control over how ALL of the kids are, so we HAVE to draw that thick line in the sand.

If you are taking your cues from Corey on how to mod, stop now. If he has some new internet tough guy initiative, have a work slow down. We had to protect him from himself more than I care to remember.

I've been admin on forums since the late 70's. I know how to have (try to have) conversations with people, but sometimes they just don't listen. THAT's when the power has to be put into play.

reggie 00
06-02-2007, 10:30 PM

This is an excellent attitude. Thank you. YT _is_ strict, but that's just how it is. fwiw, my mouth can get as bad as anyones, but over there, I'm very tame - as per the rules.

btw, I appreciate the old mods having left YT en masse due to differences with how the ownership was doing things. That happens in normal day-to-day life... you don't like the bananas at the store on the corner, so you shop somewhere else. It's a choice.

But, that's in the past, and YT is now being run in a different manner. We've read the rules and we're trying to clean it up. It's all cool if you don't like it, but don't go walking lines and teasing the edge of the rules by playing games with double entendres and pointing to posts from a year ago. That won't fly.

Who was playing games.

I guess if you stick to that attitude it should make your job so much easier.

As in you should only have a few post to read over and just a handful of people to wield over.

And why cant we get the whole story about what happened as seen from the current leadership there. Why is it so hush hush?

Texas Jim
Jim; your communication skills are similar to Bobs. You never actually address the point before you, you just deflect it in some other direction.

Gee, Midiwall!! I am getting all warm and fuzzy from the cowardly way you are trying
to say you had a minor part in this. Calling and PMing everyone and now blaming the other mods....lol Do you want to know something Midiwall I would much rather be like Bob than you trying to hide behind someone else.... I didn't receive any calls, and I got one message from Lymincha, The rest came from you!!! You made the calls you live with your decisions!! Try being a man just for a minute...I know it's hard but try!! TJ

calrockx
Mickey and Shrek rule in a domain aimed at children mostly. This is an internet forum of adults we're talking about.

I get it...it's just unreasonable. Oh well, I don't care. It's a nice experiment tho.

:) :flipoff:

midiwall
06-02-2007, 10:32 PM

He admited in a YT thread (most likely deleted) and he also admitted it to us via EM (or maybe it was PM). Regardless, we save all that stuff.

When all that went down, I wanted to know for myself as well. Strap told _me_ it DIDN'T happen.

Shrek says fart sack, is that OK? :laugh:

Crap... got me. Sure. :)

midiwall
06-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Mickey and Shrek rule in a domain aimed at children mostly. This is an internet forum of adults we're talking about.

Actually, that's not true. There are plenty of folks on YT that are under 21, and many more than you'd think under 18.

The "Mickey and Shrek" dialog I'm using is to illustrate an example of G and PG phrasing and behavior.

Jim; why do you like the "coward" word? What are you referring to? Who am I hiding behind? fwiw, I didn't permaban you the other day. Yes, I did temp ban you before, and I've temp banned a couple of other people.

slosurfer
06-02-2007, 10:38 PM
I would like to know more about the Ric situation. That one definately doesn't seem as black and white as "rule # whatever", in the eyes of those who are not behind the scenes, it looks to be very much like a "I don't like you, you don't like me, I have power, you are banned" situation. I can assure you that banning someone like Ric has cost that site dearly.

reggie 00
06-02-2007, 10:39 PM

And, rule #1 from YT says:

1. Inappropriate pics, inappropriate links (direct or to pages with nested links), and all material considered "Not Work Safe"

No nudity (porn) will be tolerated - pictures, links, or links to pages with nested links. Be sure you thoroughly investigate your links prior to posting them. Many surf YotaTech from work, and a questionable link could result in the person losing their job since many companies monitor their employee's internet activity.

This now includes threads we have allowed in the past, such as "hot girl pic" threads. This content is just not safe for those surfing in a work environment. Sure, many of us like half or fully naked women, but there is just no place for it at YotaTech. We strive to make YotaTech a home/work safe site, so posting threads such as mentioned can get a person in trouble or fired from their job. Not cool, end of story.

If you think, even for a second, that something is "not work safe" don't post it. If you feel a need to post something and add "not work safe" to either the title or the post, don't post it in the first place (or remove it if you posted it during a mental lapse)

The last line is the key... I've been restating it on YT lately as "if you don't think Mickey or Shrek would say it, don't".

There was no nudity.

two bears

and a chalk drawing of a hand sign.

with the caption two in the pink one in the stink

like i said if you don't know....

my kid asked me why i was laughing posting it..... he doesnt know...

there is no indication as to what pink refers to, it could be anything.

calrockx
06-02-2007, 10:39 PM
um....yeah, but still, you get the point. they cater to kids primariy, an internet forum like one on toyotas, should be centered on at least those 16 and up. i like ultimateyota.

reggie 00
06-02-2007, 10:45 PM
um....yeah, but still, you get the point. they cater to kids primariy, an internet forum like one on toyotas, should be centered on at least those 16 and up. that's all i mean.

I think he means work related surfing.

If you boss is that much of a st-iffy, then you shouldn't be surfing on company time.
I agree with the big boobed thing and porn and what not i have other places to go for that.

but written word is a bit more subtle.

Texas Jim
06-02-2007, 10:46 PM
Because you are a Coward!!! Just look at how you are reflecting everything that is being said about you!!! WTF would you call it from my point of view!!!TJ Who said you could call me Jim??? I don't call you Mark and I don't want to You are the one who just called Cebby a lier, by saying Strapp22 didn't give Corey a bumper, He sure as hell did! I read the forum he posted it in....

midiwall
06-02-2007, 10:46 PM
I would like to know more about the Ric situation. That one definitely doesn't seem as black and white as "rule # whatever", in the eyes of those who are not behind the scenes, it looks to be very much like a "I don't like you, you don't like me, I have power, you are banned" situation. I can assure you that banning someone like Ric has cost that site dearly.

Check #2 & 8:
http://www.yotatech.com/ytrules.php

Ric was TEMP banned (14 days) because he won't let go of a wheeling incident (that involved a staff member) that has been explained over and over. He's been talked to many times about it. He kept pressing, we pressed back.

um....yeah, but still, you get the point. they cater to kids primariy, an internet forum like one on toyotas, should be centered on at least those 16 and up. that's all i mean.

Point taken. Thanks.

midiwall
06-02-2007, 10:53 PM
Because you are a Coward!!! Just look at how you are reflecting everything that is being said about you!!! ******* would you call it from my point of view!!!

Why would I address the personal attacks that you (and others) have made in this thread? It does no good, it doesn't help dig through to the reason I'm in the thread at all.

TJ Who said you could call me Jim??? I don't call you Mark and I don't want to

I was trying to keep this on a friendly more personal basis, but fine... "TJ" then? Mr. Jim? Texas? Texas Jim? Sir?

You are the one who just called Cebby a lier, by saying Strapp22 didn't give Corey a bumper, He sure as hell did! I read the forum he posted it in....

I did NOT call Mike a liar.. I simply said that Strap told me something different.

midiwall
06-02-2007, 10:56 PM
Who was playing games.

Of the people in this thread? Texas Jim is one key contributor.

And why cant we get the whole story about what happened as seen from the current leadership there. Why is it so hush hush?

I can't comment on that... I don't know the story, and I don't know that anyone here does either.

From conversations I had with people towards the end of it, I know what some of the folks think, but I haven't been convinced that they have any facts to back it up.

Cebby
06-02-2007, 10:58 PM

So... what can you do?

DING DING DING DING!!!

We have a winner. If you have to PM, EM, AND call people to get your point accorss, you either A: Aren't communicating your point in a constructive manner (ie too heavy handed) or B: You haven't earned the respect of many of the seasoned members through your actions as a mod. It IS ok to turn the other cheek sometimes - you should take into account the long term track record of the individual, their contributions to the community and the possible collateral damage that banning on a purely black and white interpretation of the rules might bring.

Again though, there's the root charter of YT - G/PG and the various other rules that folks have broken. Corey (and Chris) want YT to be safe for a 13yo. If we don't crack down on the stuff that's going on (and yes, of course chasing some people away) then what will the _parents_ say when they look over Junior's shoulder at the pics of large busted women and all the comments that are CLEARLY not for the eyes of a minor?

When we've brought this up in public, people are quick to say "hell, I lost my virginity when I was 13!" or "I knew all about tits when I was 12!". Great, but ya' know, WE don't have control over how ALL of the kids are, so we HAVE to draw that thick line in the sand.

If you are taking your cues from Corey on how to mod, stop now. If he has some new internet tough guy initiative, have a work slow down. We had to protect him from himself more than I care to remember.

I've been admin on forums since the late 70's. I know how to have (try to have) conversations with people, but sometimes they just don't listen. THAT's when the power has to be put into play.

I've offered my constructive criticism for the night. If you think you are doing your community a favor by being dictatorial with rule enforcement, please go right ahead. We'll take the members that are alienated by it. Think of it as a graduation ceremony.

G/PG? That's about as realistic an initiative as not charging vendors for advertising. FYI, the COPPA age is 13, does Corey get many applications through the mail or via fax for manual approval as mandated by COPPA? I haven't heard of one since I was there. I'd say 15 is likely the age you might get some folks.

Oh, and Strap... Well let's see - gave the bumper, admitted it, got preferential treatment in banner placement, then his rig was for sale and magically it was the featured rig, and then the pic was changed to a better sales photo (I see no one since has had their pic changed). You're right, he has no reason not to be truthful... You got a line of bull. Corey and Phil put their heads together and got on the same page after the dust settled. Surprise, surprise.

Cebby
06-02-2007, 11:02 PM
Well, if you are going to take those rules, it would seem that TC would also be in violation of rule #2 I mean if you read the thread, the whole "thing" wasn't started by Ric. Just because he didn't drop it as quick as someone else, and who blames him someone else came in and rained on their parade.

It's called selective enforcement. That's what I mentioned in my earlier post. Isn't TC Molly's boyfriend?

midiwall
06-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Mike; I think I'm out for the night too. I hear ya' about "our" (the mods) present attitude, but we signed on to support the YT charter. We didn't write it.

COPPA - out of our control. This is the owners concern, and again, we signed on to support it.

Strap... I can't say a lot. It's clear that you and I were told different things.

Reggie, yes, Ric is a key contributor and supporter. He crossed a line, got talked to, and stayed on the opposite side the next time it came up.

I think I've been talked to once or twice by Mike over the years on YT as well. I stopped.

Bob98SR5
06-02-2007, 11:09 PM

hey mark,

bite me, tiger :D i am really enjoying your peacenik, nice guy attitude here. perhaps you can share how you called me all those names in your wanting to dialogue emails to me a few months back? jeez, even the last two you sent me today---nothing new. wasn't so kum-ba-ya was it? and yes, you got my less than kind response too. it was very therapeutic :rofl:

in those emails, every single question you asked me in our prior emails, i answered. you just didnt like the answer I gave you, chief. sorry mark, but that's life. i'm an educated guy, mark and i know a baited question when i read it.

Bob

Texas Jim
06-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Sure TC is Molly's boy friend, and to Midiwall my name is Mr TJ Trying to stand on the rules like you have done here tonight is totally fine with me, but let me tell you something. I never once got asked for any donation over there and I gave without remorse and with pride to something I believed in I also gave a sponsoring membership to help the club out and I am the hartless b- as- turd That cause all of the trouble?? And before you get on your high horse and say that I was trying to influence my way in through money.... You had better choose your words carefully! I have invested a tidy little sum into that place and you act like me calling a pretty girl with a nice figure and having her dog in it was crude by saying "nice puppies!" NO ONE was offended by that and I dare you to prove me wrong on that!!! If someone read more into to that then what it simply said!!! They were the one with the sick mind!!! TJ

Robinhood4x4
06-02-2007, 11:18 PM
I am a YT contributing member and would like to think that it only went into the forum and not anywhere else period.

I would like to make it clear that to our knowledge, Corey never directly took money from the server funds to buy things for his trucks.

However, as a wise person once said, "he may not be dipping into the till directly but he sure is affecting the inflow of money causing the same type of problems as just plain stealing."

jimbo74
06-02-2007, 11:29 PM
i think i was one of the first people to get banned from yotatech

even despite all the technical stuff i brought to the 2wd yota world.....

its ok, from there i found marlin crawler.... and ive got a 4x4 now......

i still get emails and PMs from people asking about my 2wd..... you remember how the system was setup to send you an email when you got a pm or email... yup, it still works eventhough im banned

Cebby
06-02-2007, 11:31 PM
i still get emails and PMs from people asking about my 2wd..... you remember how the system was setup to send you an email when you got a pm or email... yup, it still works eventhough im banned

Not for long - watch for a new rule coming soon... Why? It's about being controlling...

Texas Jim
06-02-2007, 11:38 PM
I will say that I believe you are correct when you make that statement Robinhood4X4, as far as I know he did not. I was a sponsoring member as well as a Contributing member over there. I also gave very generously when someone needed a gift or help through a tuff time.

What Shrek, aka Corey did do was take a bumper from a Sponsoring Member that would fit on an FJ cruiser. it's cost retail was probally around $900. and then the guy who gave it to him was help out with some special member of the month advertising on the site. Now what you or I may have done with a nice new $900 dollar bumper would have been to sell raffle tickets to it to the membership to fit on what ever they wanted it to. That way the group would have benefited from the free bumper instead of an all calling for funds from the fine folks like you and me..... I think you can figure it out from here Robinhood4X4....TJ

Bob98SR5
06-02-2007, 11:45 PM
hey jim,

robinhood was a mod and was in the thick of all this. he knows better than you :)

bob

TDiddy
06-02-2007, 11:50 PM
Man, its a good thing I couldn't fall asleep in the good ol' fart sack tonight, this is of hell of a read.

slosurfer
06-02-2007, 11:52 PM
Thanks Bob! :flipoff: That was a good one too!

Here, I'll recreate my post that was deleated

Check #2 & 8:
http://www.yotatech.com/ytrules.php

Ric was TEMP banned (14 days) because he won't let go of a wheeling incident (that involved a staff member) that has been explained over and over. He's been talked to many times about it. He kept pressing, we pressed back.

Well, if you are going to take those rules, it would seem that TC would also be in violation of rule #2 I mean if you read the thread, the whole "thing" wasn't started by Ric. Just because he didn't drop it as quick as someone else, and who blames him someone else came in and rained on their parade.

Also FYI, here are a couple of recent threads started by Ric, something is going on over there that can make someone go from this, to banned in a few months.

http://www.yotatech.com/showthread.php?t=106917 (thread started feb. 11, this year by Ric praising YT)

http://www.yotatech.com/showthread.php?t=106943 (thread started same day by Ric to raise $$ for YT because "someone" made it sound like it was going to fold)

(My point was to look at what has changed over there in just these few months i.e. heavy handed mods) I guarantee you Ric doesn't feel that way now. I bet UY sees a big boost in members from this one. Ric was well liked, also they probably just split the CO group in half with this one.

Bob98SR5
06-02-2007, 11:54 PM
i know :( sorry, bro! but the gist of your post was "youre being an unequitable, inconsistent POS" well, maybe not the POS part, but the first two adjectives. :hillbill:

reggie 00
06-03-2007, 12:03 AM
Ah just edit and repost.

slosurfer
06-03-2007, 12:23 AM
Ric, is going to have fun reading this one tomorrow. I have to go to bed.

reggie 00
06-03-2007, 12:26 AM
did they delete his bannable post? i cant really find anything that screams Ban him!

Bob98SR5
06-03-2007, 12:28 AM
TJ, alright dude, i think he's gone for the night. Tomorrow is another day.

Texas Jim
06-03-2007, 12:29 AM
Me too...phoney jerks!!! TJ

jimbo74
06-03-2007, 01:51 AM
Not for long - watch for a new rule coming soon... Why? It's about being controlling...

i dont care if peopel do or dont send me pms or emails anymore, im jsut saying

Lee
06-03-2007, 03:21 AM
so... you don't want to hear what really happened with TJ, Ric and Lee?

what do you mean, i am still not banned. you somehow have managed to miss banning me :laugh:

i guess i can make all the rude comments i want :D

Lee
06-03-2007, 03:49 AM
holy crap i just went on yt to see what happened with ric and was so confused. it took me a good 10 minutes to realize he was banned for being extremely polite and reserved in his arguing a point.

what that red headed uggles and her boyfriend basically did was say HEY NOW YOU STOP SAYING THAT WHAT I DID WAS WRONG, EVEN THOUGH I KNOW ITS WRONG, BUT I WILL SAY ITS DUE TO THE SITUATION I WAS IN, AND TELL YOU WE JUST HAVE SOME TENSION, AND WE SHOULD TAKE IT TO PM'S INSTEAD OF ACTUALLY TALKING.

yikes, i am excited about this! YT just made it so easy on UY.

TDiddy
06-03-2007, 04:44 AM
YT in a nutshell

http://www.mymailout.net/MyMailout/Home/1103/1637/6411/blind%20leading%20the%20blind.jpg

bamachem
06-03-2007, 07:03 AM

When all that went down, I wanted to know for myself as well. Strap told _me_ it DIDN'T happen.

then either you or Phil is a liar.

via Corey himself, in a PM in the early days of when it was all going down. he received a OME Lift and an ARB Bumper from Phil. since then, he as now received a $900 ARB Fridge as well. That's around $2500 worth of stuff so far - more than 9 MONTHS worth of server payments.

Here's a screen capture of the PM from Corey (http://4rnr.net/yt2.jpg)

and here is confirmation from Phil that he indeed did GIVE the bumper to Corey:

Here's a screen capture of the PM from Phil (http://4rnr.net/yt6.jpg)

now, if Phil is so willing to give items to YT or even pay for advertising, then why on earth didn't Corey ask phil to offer them up for raffle, etc to raise money for the server fund? we all know the answer to that one. hell, the sad thing is that corey didn't even need the bumper, lift, and fridge to be free. he makes $70k/yr as a forklift operator, lives in an apartment, has no dependents, and can afford to drop $1500 on a rifle so he can post pics of it on the internet so he can maintain his "tough guy" bravado. ask him if he's shot the rifle in the last month... he spent that much on it and hasn't cycled one single round thru it. that should tell you how much it was *really* needed and what the true purpose of the purchase was.

now, back to the original issue: mark, you guys are loosing members left and right, and most are leaving as a direct result of your actions or the actions of the other moderators. how do you NOT see the writing on the wall?

Ric
06-03-2007, 07:25 AM
yea, I wouldnt mind knowing "your" side, since Ive seen what was posted in the open OTF, then Ive heard from someone that actually seen stuff on the ADMIN side of the board, but please PM me, oh and a PM here, does mean "private"

slosurfer
06-03-2007, 08:35 AM
Ric, I tried to find out for you, but to no avail.

midiwall
06-03-2007, 08:38 AM
Good Morning!

Why are posts getting edited/delete by the non originators? Bob, even your post to me was edited by Good Times. Reggie, bummer about loosing your original one.

So... the only thing really new is Bob calling me out for our previous email threads. There were three. The first one happened at the time that all of the mods left YT; then there was one where I went trolling about Molly not being allowed to host a video forum for you guys; and then a quick one that just happened yesterday.

I don't have the first one pasted up, but since Bob's inferred permission for me to share them, I'll post links to the other two.

Here's the video forum:
http://midiwall.com/4Runner/misc/20070423_Bob.html

Here's the chat from yesterday:
http://midiwall.com/4Runner/misc/20070602_Bob.html

I'm sure some of you guys will applaud Bob for calling me names and basically going off on me, especially yesterday, but I don't think you'll find much of the same _extreme_ attitude coming from me towards him.

If you guys wanna see the first one as well, I'll start working on that.

TDiddy
06-03-2007, 08:40 AM
I think by now the majority could care less what you have to say and would probably rather you just leave. In the words of the allmighty Shrek, "don't let the door hit you on the way out".

midiwall
06-03-2007, 08:48 AM
yea, I wouldnt mind knowing "your" side, since Ive seen what was posted in the open OTF, then Ive heard from someone that actually seen stuff on the ADMIN side of the board, but please PM me, oh and a PM here, does mean "private"

Ric, I tried to find out for you, but to no avail.

Chris & Ric;

I posted the reasoning back on page 9... Rules #2 & 8 of the YT guidelines.

I don't have any comment on the issue with TC.

Andy; good morning.

TD; good morning. Kindofa' sad view, isn't it? With the exception of TJ, I think everyone in this thread got fairly calm after all the messaging. People were looking for answers, I gave them. You all may not _like_ the answers, but at least I'm here talking about it.

midiwall
06-03-2007, 08:58 AM
I have a question... Your Rules and Guidelines are pretty clear:

http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=45

You state that you'll have Zero Tolerance for anything there, so I'm curious about some of the smack aimed at me and how that works with Rule #2?

Hmm... actually, those Rules and Guidelines look a LOT like YT's. You guys are also taking the path of G/PG, yet this thread alone is clearly past that.

Looks like you need to revise your rules?

slosurfer
06-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Chris & Ric;

I posted the reasoning back on page 9... Rules #2 & 8 of the YT guidelines.

I don't have any comment on the issue with TC.

Mark, I appreciate your answers and honesty. I understand you not wanting to drag another name into this, I bring his name up, not to go after him, but to prove the heavy handed one sidedness (that's probably not a word) of the situation. Seeing how it was said over there that all mods were involved in this decision, I would like to know why it was handled so onesided. When others see actions taken in this manner, it puts a bad taste in their mouth, whether they were friends or not with either of them. A noob reading that thread will see it also.

And Bob accidentally erased my earlier post, I got a pm from him the moment it happened. That is why I remade it, because I knew it wasn't deleted for content or anything.

Cebby
06-03-2007, 09:13 AM

http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=45

You state that you'll have Zero Tolerance for anything there, so I'm curious about some of the smack aimed at me and how that works with Rule #2?

Hmm... actually, those Rules and Guidelines look a LOT like YT's. You guys are also taking the path of G/PG, yet this thread alone is clearly past that.

Actually, since the crew here is who made the rules at YT, they should seem similar.

As I was eluding to last night, (apparently not clearly enough) is that the interpretation of the rules and how a moderator applies them is what sets moderating crews and forums apart. We've opted to govern it as we'd prefer to be governed (from the mindset of treat others as how you'd wish to be treated). Being inflexible serves no one's interest well.

I feel that last night, while a bit heated at times, was very constructive for all sides. I would hope that you would take that valuable feedback to the rest of the staff (and owner) and adjust your moderating styles accordingly.

midiwall
06-03-2007, 09:24 AM
Hi Chris;

Cool on the other post, but I'm still kinda' curious as to what Lance took out of Bob's. No matter.

I understand the wondering about TC, and I actually have an explanation on the difference in _handling_ what was going on in that thread.

The old mods from YT know how that system works... Someone reports a post and states a reason for doing so. That generates PMs to the mods and creates a private thread so that it can be discussed. This is what happened with Ric.

Someone reported the post inferring that he was trolling for trouble. We (the mods) looked at the post, and the thread, and decided that - based on past conversations with him about this - he would be temp'd for 14 days. We didn't look at how anything (edit) ELSE (/edit) was going down in that thread.

(Ric, I apologize for speaking like you're not in the room)

Robinhood4x4
06-03-2007, 09:26 AM
Mark, it seems from one of your posts that you believe Corey did not receive free merchandise, but yet Andy just posted proof that he did. I would like to know if you accept this point now.

midiwall
06-03-2007, 09:30 AM
As I was eluding to last night, (apparently not clearly enough) is that the interpretation of the rules and how a moderator applies them is what sets moderating crews and forums apart. We've opted to govern it as we'd prefer to be governed (from the mindset of treat others as how you'd wish to be treated). Being inflexible serves no one's interest well.

Nah, you were clear about what you were saying to me, I just don't think that the bashing served a purpose here.

As I said to Bob in an email last night, you guys were having a party at your clubhouse. There wasn't anything in this thread to explain to a casual observer about what was really going on. All they would have seen is a bunch of name calling, reputation bashing and finger flipping.

I feel that last night, while a bit heated at times, was very constructive for all sides. I would hope that you would take that valuable feedback to the rest of the staff (and owner) and adjust your moderating styles accordingly.

Point noted.

midiwall
06-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Mark, it seems from one of your posts that you believe Corey did not receive free merchandise, but yet Andy just posted proof that he did. I would like to know if you accept this point now.

Hey Steve;

In the 2nd screen shot I see Strap saying that Corey was given items based as a promotion, and an implication that it was done as part of a photo shoot. To the raw point of "did Corey get a bumper for free?" I'd have to say "yes, he did".

But, it looks like there was also a point about having received this bumper as payment for the photo shoot. That doesn't seem so out of place, it happens all the time.

The real question would be "Once Corey got the bumper from Phil, then did he give him preferential treatment in terms of advertising?". I can't answer that.

Andy also brings up a point about a fridge, the fridge was paid for.

slosurfer
06-03-2007, 09:44 AM
We didn't look at how anything was going down in that thread.

I guess this is the only part I don't understand. How can you tell if someone is trolling if you don't even look at the surrounding situation to see if he was provoked. If there are known tensions between two people and one persons posts something inflammatory in the thread about the other person's trail run(whether they had a point or not) wouldn't that be considered trolling for trouble.

midiwall
06-03-2007, 09:49 AM
We didn't look at how anything was going down in that thread.

I guess this is the only part I don't understand. How can you tell if someone is trolling if you don't even look at the surrounding situation to see if he was provoked. If there are known tensions between two people and one persons posts something inflammatory in the thread about the other person's trail run(whether they had a point or not) wouldn't that be considered trolling for trouble.

Whoops, my bad... "We didn't look at how anything ELSE was going down in that thread."

We _did_ look at Ric's posts and the history.

Texas Jim
06-03-2007, 10:00 AM
The first time I was banned I went back through and apologized to everyone in the thread you found so offensive and filled with non P/PG innuendo, I did so to try and show my willingness to improve what the new Mods were looking for! You on the other hand just got angry and banned me for two weeks, and quite frankly there was nothing that was not P/PG rated, You are the one who chose to see it that way, Why would someone who hasn't developed an adult mind see it any other way than it was simply stated??? Because You didn't, It's like Cebby has indicated to you Midiwall you are the one who chooses to make something dirty or R rated out of something that simply isn't..... TJ

midiwall
06-03-2007, 10:09 AM
TJ; good morning.

Like I said above, yes, I was the one that took action against you, I was NOT the only one that felt you were out of line and generally offensive.

slosurfer
06-03-2007, 10:11 AM
Well, I for one disagree with the situation. I feel it was provoked and I don't feel that it helped that the only mod that stepped in publicly was the other person's significant other. I realize she probably had all the right intentions in doing her job as a mod but in situations like that it will only fuel the problem and made the situation seem even more onesided. One of the other mods should have stepped in there and she should have stayed out of it. Don't get me wrong, I am not blaming her, but it does look very suspicious that she was the only mod publicly invovled till after the banning. I guess I still don't understand why it was onesided, you are giving me the reason for Ric's ban (I don't agree with it but that is a done deal) but there are no answers for why the whole situation wasn't looked at as far as who else was involved and should something happen there. I hope I am making this clear, it looks like someone complained about Ric, the mods looked at Ric's posts and banned him but did nothing about who or why the situation arose in the first place. Like with two brothers, one pesters the other, the other responds and the only punishment goes to the response without even looking at why there was a response in the first place.

midiwall
06-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Chris; I'll make a promise to you now that I will opening ask your question amongst the mods.

I see the issue, and I'll bring it up. 'k?

slosurfer
06-03-2007, 10:21 AM
Mark, thanks. I hope they see how it looks from the outside looking in. I have never met any of the people involved nor had problem with anyone involved, so I think it would be fair to say that this is coming from someone who was on middle ground at the time it all went down.

Marc P
06-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Well, I for one disagree with the situation. I feel it was provoked and I don't feel that it helped that the only mod that stepped in publicly was the other person's significant other. I realize she probably had all the right intentions in doing her job as a mod but in situations like that it will only fuel the problem and made the situation seem even more onesided. One of the other mods should have stepped in there and she should have stayed out of it. Don't get me wrong, I am not blaming her, but it does look very suspicious that she was the only mod publicly invovled till after the banning. I guess I still don't understand why it was onesided, you are giving me the reason for Ric's ban (I don't agree with it but that is a done deal) but there are no answers for why the whole situation wasn't looked at as far as who else was involved and should something happen there. I hope I am making this clear, it looks like someone complained about Ric, the mods looked at Ric's posts and banned him but did nothing about who or why the situation arose in the first place. Like with two brothers, one pesters the other, the other responds and the only punishment goes to the response without even looking at why there was a response in the first place.

I agree with Chris on this one. I was going to stay out of this mess, but with a lot of people leaving YT it disturbes me. Bans need to be clearly thought out, and not based on emotions. I dont think it is right to ban someone based on 1 or 2 posts.

Bob98SR5
06-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Hi Chris;

Cool on the other post, but I'm still kinda' curious as to what Lance took out of Bob's. No matter.

I understand the wondering about TC, and I actually have an explanation on the difference in _handling_ what was going on in that thread.

The old mods from YT know how that system works... Someone reports a post and states a reason for doing so. That generates PMs to the mods and creates a private thread so that it can be discussed. This is what happened with Ric.

Someone reported the post inferring that he was trolling for trouble. We (the mods) looked at the post, and the thread, and decided that - based on past conversations with him about this - he would be temp'd for 14 days. We didn't look at how anything was going down in that thread.

(Ric, I apologize for speaking like you're not in the room)

Mark,

Oh gimme a break, sure it mattersn why Lance edited my post! Otherwise, why mention it? I'll get to that.

Up until last night, i have been polite to you despite you calling me names such as silly, immature, chicken, stupid, etc (yes, those are words you've used)...and then perhaps people might understand the context of my reply to you and why i would not engage you or the staff here in any kind of dialogue with you. So really Mark, if you want to be the peace maker, don't come on here w/ your b.s. nice guy suit on while not acknowledging the other suit you wore when you were a total d#ck to me in prior emails. If you choose to impugn me or the staff here, I'd suggest you choose more wisely what you post.

And on a similar note, it is good for you to finally come out here that you recognize your staff's egos have cause you to supercede your "by the book" rules and approach to dealing with so-called problem members. It would be better just to say 'You know, that guy was crossing the line one too many times' instead of this "well we have a procedure". Good grief, no one is buying that line as much as people can't believe that there was no mutual back scratching between certain vendors and Corky.

And to answer your question about why Lance edited my thread, I'll let Lance answer your question as to why my post was edited by him because i had the same question too when i saw it and was not happy about it when i saw it either. Re Slo's post, I accidentally deleted it and pm'd him right away. Actually in retrospect, its good that I did that for you, as it pointed out quite well of your staff's convoluted approach to things. But again, as you usually do Mark, you assumed the worst from me just like you blamed me of blocking your access to our forum.

As I said many months go, quit with your obsession with emailing me with your insults and your baited questions. I've had ex-girlfriends who have stopped calling sooner. Give it a rest, go back to your forum, and go fix things over there. I think by now, you have a clear picture now what needs to be done on your end and further banter here from you makes you look...umm...obsessed.

Bob

Texas Jim
06-03-2007, 10:54 AM
He is Bob and he can't let it go!! he's lying about his involvement and his crappie attitude the only person who I know that was offended by my stuff was him. He's a cowardly nunchuck beaten little boy who's sack isn't full (he sings in the Vienna Boy's Choir) he will argue this stuff for ever because the great Midiwall cannot be wrong!!! I think Hitler had a complex like that and we all know what happened to that Coward..... TJ

oly884
06-03-2007, 11:01 AM
OK, TJ, and every one else, what happened has been laid out on the table. We all know what happened now, lets leave it at that.

Mark, you've made your point(s), now to prevent any more bickering, name calling, etc, let's put it to rest. Head back to YT, we'll stay here, and the members can do what they choose, this thread has provided more than enough information on the happenings a couple months back to allow for every one to make up their minds.

midiwall
06-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Wow... you guys are really wound up this morning.

Bob, I posted the two email threads between us, and I'm working on the third as well. I think it's pretty clear where the _real_ name calling started.

TJ, I'm heading out to work on my truck. Since you say you have my address, and you seemingly want to "get me" in some way, lemme know when you'll be by. I'm pretty good with BBQ.

MTL_4runner
06-03-2007, 11:15 AM

Mark, I'd prefer not to get into this with you beyond that I will point out that this area is one of the KEY differences between UY and TOF and why people are continually migrating away from TOF. On TOF someone posts something the mods don't like, it was simply removed from sight by the masses. We don't do that over here so airing out dirty laundry then trying to use a rule as a shield to hide behind won't work like it does on TOF. Same thing happened during the big migration of mods to UY. They too were obviously suppressed to the breaking point and now a new forum exists to protect the vast amounts of technical info which are contributed by the members. It doesn't matter whether anyone ever did get free stuff from a vendor or use funds unethically (not saying that ever happened) the real problem was that every time the subject was aired out in an effort to find the truth, threads were censored, deleted altogether or people were banned regardless of your past contributions .....Stalin would be proud of such an effort. Now, despite having what most people would consider conclusive evidence that something did in fact occur, it seems hard to understand how the denial could continue, but it does. That speaks volumes about the mentality and direction the community is headed on TOF and many people including myself found it highly objectionable and simply left.

Bob98SR5
06-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Mark,

Be my guest. My first email to you was on 2/21, so there's your reference point. And since you accuse me of starting all of this, here's the first page and first lesson from Midiwall's "Art of Persuasion and How To Influence People". This was your first reply in the first paragraph of your first email back to me on 2/22:

You say that you "respect and value" my opinion and "wouldn't mind the feedback". So... here it is.

I'm "disappointed" that you're not mature enough to see what you were doing in that thread, and that you had to "cool off a bit, re-read them and then wait an hour, and then reply". You've pretty well tossed ANY sense of integrity that you may have had left on the forum regarding this issue.

So please, Mark, tell me again who started the name calling? You talk a big game about being a good mediator yet you set the tone like this?!

Further, was this not your intent from the beginning? Which is precisely why I didn't answer your baited questions in the manner in which you wanted me to write? How transparent can one be?

Let them read. Please, post them all.

You set the tone from the beginning, Mark. Don't forget to include this and all the other emails. Again, it just shows why I refused to engage in any 'meeting of the minds' between us and you and why I find your presence here justifying the actions you and the staff there took just as laughable as I did in our email exchanges.

And while youre at it, why don't you explain to the rest of the folks here how YT has an active policy of reading YT member's Private Messages? We have a direct quote from one of the owners who quite clearly stated this to one of our owners about this. Do you have some embarassing ones that I've posted? :roll: Has he forwarded those to you yet? Does he have some from the staff section as well? Well guess what, so do we.

Like I said Mark, how far do you want to go with this?

Bob

garrett
06-03-2007, 11:30 AM
Bob, I posted the two email threads between us, and I'm working on the third as well. I think it's pretty clear where the _real_ name calling started.

is this a joke? are you really looking up old emails to see who called who what first? mark, what are you trying to prove? that bob started it? who cares! if bob did indeed 'start it' then GOOD! i'm glad!

I think by now the majority could care less what you have to say and would probably rather you just leave. In the words of the allmighty Shrek, "don't let the door hit you on the way out".

x2

localmotion
06-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Quote from: TDiddy on Today at 10:40 AM

OR we can always start banning people without notice and try to sweep the problem under the rug.

bamachem
06-03-2007, 11:39 AM

X3

bamachem
06-03-2007, 12:06 PM

Hey Steve;

In the 2nd screen shot I see Strap saying that Corey was given items based as a promotion, and an implication that it was done as part of a photo shoot. To the raw point of "did Corey get a bumper for free?" I'd have to say "yes, he did".

But, it looks like there was also a point about having received this bumper as payment for the photo shoot. That doesn't seem so out of place, it happens all the time.

The real question would be "Once Corey got the bumper from Phil, then did he give him preferential treatment in terms of advertising?". I can't answer that.

Andy also brings up a point about a fridge, the fridge was paid for.

actually, according to Corey himself, the day before Phil sent me the "promotional gift" explanation, Corey stated that the bumper and lift were donated to him strictly for all his "hard work" at yotatech. Nothing more, and nothing less.

http://4rnr.net/yt1to4.jpg

randver
06-03-2007, 12:07 PM

x4

BruceTS
06-03-2007, 12:34 PM
OK, I just did it and left my final post at TOF...... the place got too uncomfortable to be at any longer.....

If the moderators over there have the same attitude that has been represented here it this thread, then I see no reason to help a losing cause.

DeathCougar
06-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Guys, really, arguing in this thread anymore is silly. In fact, arguing about what has happened anymore is just plain dumb. We're all set in our ways, nothing is going the change, and flaming isn't getting anyone anywhere.

I came over here to get AWAY from the retarded drama, and what do I find? MORE DRAMA! Im right, you're right, he's right, we're all right. WHO FAWKING CARES? It wont change the past. We've all beat the shit out of each other, so now lets build a bridge and get the f*ck over it.

[img removed]

midiwall
06-03-2007, 02:00 PM
is this a joke? are you really looking up old emails to see who called who what first? mark, what are you trying to prove? that bob started it? who cares! if bob did indeed 'start it' then GOOD! i'm glad!

Bob invited the email to go public... I didn't bring it up.

Having done so though, my intent is only to show that I _did_ try to start a civil conversation with him back in February and in May. The FRAGMENT he posted above is a calm and collected statement of how I felt about all that went down. That was AFTER many messages between him and I (and one or two from Andy) where they tried to explain what their side was.

Bob frustrated the bajeezus out of me by NOT answering the questions he asked me to ask. I NEVER lost my cool with him, not to the point that he's exploded all over this thread and in email.

As for the name calling, yeup, I called his actions "immature", and did it in a calm manner. I'm not quite sure how that sizes up to him hauling off last night with "heavy handed _____".

I don't much care about the names, they're just words. What's funny is that NONE of you guys have ever met me, but you're sure quick to pass judgment on me. The intentions behind the name-calling is where the problem is. There's no sense of _discussion_ when you start flipping four-letter words around.

I guess I'm done with all this... Seems that you guys just wanna stick your head in the sand and turn this thread into something far to the left of what the original intent was. You don't want to accept that there may be some other explanation for everything that happened.

TJ - still waiting for ya'. btw, my email address is in clear view on the forum here. Bob should be able to help you figure out the software to be able to find it.

You kids all have fun now!

DeathCougar
06-03-2007, 02:19 PM
man, no one pays attention to my posts over here either....NO ONE LOVES ME!!!

Im starting my own Forum......CougarTech

Forget YT and UY, come over to CT!!

I dont want to stick my head in any sand, I just dont give a **** anymore. Its pointless arguing that is going nowehere. No one is going to give an inch, no one will ever agree, and all in all, at the end of the day, it just doesn't matter.

Good Times
06-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Mark,

Before getting into the meat of this thread I'd like to start by welcoming you to Ultimate Yota. I'm not sure if anyone has welcomed you here but I'd like to be the first. Yes there may be differences about your views and what not here or anywhere, I still welcome you as an individual only because of the knowledge you possess on the tech side. I firmly feel that your knowledge is probably the last thing that is keeping your name to some respectable level.

Now as for the edit that I made on Bob's post earlier, all I did was add a "]" at the end of the quote box as it wasn't formatted correctly. It came out all messed up and therefore no content as changed whatsoever. I was doing a service for everyone to keep the structure easier to read rather than have all of this embedded text saying "[ quote ... and then the actual quote followed by some extra code ilke [ /quote ] etc..." Sure does get in the way so I figure it would look "pleasing to the eye" to fix it up for him.

Anyway, I would like to point out that you are on a losing battle (a battle that looks to be lost) and doing any attempts to save yourself is a lost cause. Although it may be difficult if not impossible, I would just walk away from this mess and just let it go. I for one do not care for what happened and/or how it happened or anything on tof. At this point it really doesn't matter. I've been keeping quiet about this thread as I wanted to see how it all unfolded and am not surprised how this is all unfolding. My recommendation to you is to just step back and take a few (whatever you like to drink) and just relax. Either be an active part of this forum that bring quality tech (something that you have a great knowledge for) or just leave. If you have anything else to add, please pm or email the individual(s).

thanks!

MTL_4runner
06-03-2007, 02:26 PM
DC, I just took the 4 letter word out of your post, but I totally agree with you....enough with all the dang drama already. I've made my last statement in this thread. I still think you'll find the quality of tech content worthwhile to stick around. :D

Mark, you and I have actually had some really good conversations about tech stuff in the past and I certainly would like to see you contribute to UY on that front. I'd like to "bury the hatchet", move on from all this nonsense and see your post count climb above zero so we can all benefit from the community knowledge.

Lee
06-03-2007, 02:46 PM
i am looking forward to seeing UY grow as YT should have.

the egos of the staff, and the direction theyve taken is just terrible. its a real shame. i want my donated dollars back :(

DeathCougar
06-03-2007, 02:51 PM
oh, i figured that since the software allowed it, it was ok. oopsie. lol. I'll keep that in mind next time.

SD4runner
06-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Death Cougar, I love you man. :gay: :gay: :gay:

Bob98SR5
06-03-2007, 03:52 PM
again, even in your last post saying "good bye, i'm leaving", you've demonstrated yet again how in your desire to be the mediator and good guy riding away on the white horse, you're nothing but.

but thanks for the parting shot mark, but sorry, i have no inclination to divulge your information to TJ or anyone else.

bob

DeathCougar
06-03-2007, 04:08 PM
Love me?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/surfphotoac/owlwdf.jpg

DeathCougar
06-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Bamachem: whats with the edit? Thought we weren't like the "other guys" over here? *ducks and runs* im sure there is a perfectly good NON-police reason for that.....lol

SD4runner
06-03-2007, 04:21 PM
AHAHAHA :rofl: :rofl: That owl picture is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!

slosurfer
06-03-2007, 04:29 PM
DC, that pic that was removed had the fbomb in it.

Paul H.
06-03-2007, 04:36 PM
Man, what drama. Sounds like a soap opera going on here. Certain people need to take a happy pill. In the words of Rodney King, can't we all get along?

TDiddy
06-03-2007, 04:59 PM
riding away on the white horse...

Bob, don't you mean donkey?

http://www.movie-poster.ws/movies/wallpaper/cartoon/shrek/shrek_donkey.jpg

BruceTS
06-03-2007, 05:07 PM
LOL, I just found out through a PM that my last farewell post(well within TOF guidlines) was deleted...........

reggie 00
06-03-2007, 05:09 PM
riding away on the white horse...

Bob, don't you mean donkey?

http://www.movie-poster.ws/movies/wallpaper/cartoon/shrek/shrek_donkey.jpg

Oh my that is just classic.

Cebby
06-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Man, what drama. Sounds like a soap opera going on here.

Funny thing is, they complain about all the drama over there, then they turn around and bring it to our doorstep.

slosurfer
06-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Man, what drama. Sounds like a soap opera going on here.

Yes, some drama but not nearly as bad as, some get in a few shots, thread closed, new thread started, that thread closed, new thread opened but only written in double en tendres so it stays open longer, that thread closed some punishments handed out, everybody is pissed, newb stumbles along starts new thread asking what happened. Yelled at to search, searches and finds everything has been deleted. New thread started about why said posts were deleted and it starts again....

Ric
06-03-2007, 07:42 PM
thankx for the support guys, and yes, someone is lieing, Ive recieved a phone call, from someone that was able to check the Adims board on TOF, and that person told me straight up, that is was her, that banned me, and she is lieing on TOF, I dont know who to believe. but you all know something...
I Really Dont Care

They can do what they want, call me what they want, lie about me all they want, My Friends know the truth, They was there, My friends know me personally, They know what Im about, they know Im not a two faced attention queen, begging for friends.

She has them over there soooooo fooled, have you ever wondered why no one wants to wheel with them ? why they have to bribe people to go wheeling with them ? I could go on and on, but Im stoping
Im soo freaking tired of this... Just because either I or my friends dont want to wheel with them.
Its almost as if they are jealous, Jealous that others want to wheel with us, that people actualy ask me, to go wheeling.
I wheel with my friends, I hang out with friends, IF anyone of my friends gave me the Ultimatum that I was given, well they wouldnt be a "friend..

While Im on my soap box :D
What the heack does "PM" stand for ????? am I correct in thinking it stands for "PRIVATE MESSAGE" ?? if so, wouldnt something I send to someone via "PM" stay "PRIVATE" ??? unless if I threaten your life, I could see that,, geuss a "PM" over there means you should go tell daddy, daddy, Ric doesnt like me, Ric wont ask me to wheeling with them :shake:
so in closing, the Trolls can go tell daddy what they want, I DONT CARE....
Im done,, Ill do my best to not keep this going, unless someone asks "me" a question, I will answer ya..
again Thankx for the support guys...

oly884
06-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Ric, glad to see that you've brushed it off. You're always welcome here!

Also, I might be heading down your way later this summer so I'll be sure to drop you a line if you're up for some camping/wheeling.

fustercluck
06-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Jeepers, I leave for a while to install my new t-case brake and iron out some uncooperative details, and the whole coop is full of feathers and blood spatters....:hillbill:

Texas Jim
06-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Jeepers, I leave for a while to install my new t-case brake and iron out some uncooperative details, and the whole coop is full of feathers and blood spatters....:hillbill:
:yikes: What no chicken heads??? :lol: :rofl: TJ

Ric
06-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Ric, glad to see that you've brushed it off. You're always welcome here!

Also, I might be heading down your way later this summer so I'll be sure to drop you a line if you're up for some camping/wheeling.

heck yea,, PLEASE, let me know when ya make this way,, we will diffentaly, do a little wheeling and camping

Nick
06-03-2007, 08:37 PM
Hmm...I think the most gentlemanly and reasonable thing to do is put the whole thing to rest. I'm sure that those of you who made investments and spent major time and effort on YT are upset, but, it's not as though the efforts went to waste! You contributed to a site which was invaluable to a great many. If you build a soup kitchen and years later, co-owner or someone decides to make it into some for-profit place, does that make it a failed and worthless venture? Not in the least - think of all the mouths that were fed in the time that it was what you wanted it to be.

From the side view of a bystander ( :angel:)( :P) the entire thread doesn't come off too well. I've had situations in the past that resulted in some intense arguments and differences...ones that I decided not to pursue and invest in.

Rather then being argumentative and trying to prove something....digging up chat logs, posting screen shots or quoting private messages and e-mails to prove something, trying to find who started what, wouldn't it be nicer to go and make a new write-up? Or add photographs or details to an existing one? I'd love to see more articles and write-ups! Bob's 4-runners.org and Yotatech played practically resulted in my buying a 3rd gen. Without those places...I'd still be in October '06, scratching my head!

I haven't been on YT too long (nick-m) though I've read through quite a bit and it's been long enough to determine what the nature of some folks is and where their contributions lie. I've also been there long enough to notice some very knowledgeable people seem to have left - some of same people that wrote some amazing tech articles...those were a great help, especially the simple ones - that's why I bought a 4Runner and knew what to look for, etc. It's also why I decided to follow here.

Maybe it's just easy for me to say, I dunno. Be well everyone!

DeathCougar
06-03-2007, 08:42 PM
I thought I had posted something...was it deleted?

Lee
06-03-2007, 08:50 PM
thankx for the support guys, and yes, someone is lieing, Ive recieved a phone call, from someone that was able to check the Adims board on TOF, and that person told me straight up, that is was her, that banned me, and she is lieing on TOF, I dont know who to believe. but you all know something...
I Really Dont Care

They can do what they want, call me what they want, lie about me all they want, My Friends know the truth, They was there, My friends know me personally, They know what Im about, they know Im not a two faced attention queen, begging for friends.

She has them over there soooooo fooled, have you ever wondered why no one wants to wheel with them ? why they have to bribe people to go wheeling with them ? I could go on and on, but Im stoping
Im soo freaking tired of this... Just because either I or my friends dont want to wheel with them.
Its almost as if they are jealous, Jealous that others want to wheel with us, that people actualy ask me, to go wheeling.
I wheel with my friends, I hang out with friends, IF anyone of my friends gave me the Ultimatum that I was given, well they wouldnt be a "friend..

While Im on my soap box :D
What the heack does "PM" stand for ????? am I correct in thinking it stands for "PRIVATE MESSAGE" ?? if so, wouldnt something I send to someone via "PM" stay "PRIVATE" ??? unless if I threaten your life, I could see that,, geuss a "PM" over there means you should go tell daddy, daddy, Ric doesnt like me, Ric wont ask me to wheeling with them :shake:
so in closing, the Trolls can go tell daddy what they want, I DONT CARE....
Im done,, Ill do my best to not keep this going, unless someone asks "me" a question, I will answer ya..
again Thankx for the support guys...

dont worry ric, god or whatever higher powers that be always seem to take care of people like that. such as making them look like snuffelupagus :D

neliconcept
06-03-2007, 08:59 PM
CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!

91TPU
06-03-2007, 10:10 PM
well after some time i have finally made my way over...primarily due to the actions taken agaisnt ric and a few others of recent. with that said i must also post an apology, to the mods, and esp bamachem, he shed light on a topic that i fought him on, i now realize that was my mistake, im sorry...nice to see that everyone from there made it here, itll be nice to enjoy some good posts...not the same old bs...

calrockx
06-03-2007, 10:14 PM
now you can't even have the letters u l t i m a t e y o t a in consecutive order over there....

the letters turn to little round characters if you post that. :roll:

91TPU
06-03-2007, 10:15 PM
now you can't even have the letters u l t i m a t e y o t a in consecutive order over there....

i noticed that when hayes tried to pm the information for this site, and he wound up having to email it to me...

Texas Jim
06-03-2007, 10:16 PM

Neil, I have picked on you and I respect your options!! But to quote Rodney King?? of all people, for a African American that ran from the law with his tuner Hyundai,(back before the 4 inch exhaust mod) He couldn't have come out before the press and all of the camera's. Black and blue, looking like he had refused sex with Mike Tyson and his sparing partners, better!! :thumbup: TJ

neliconcept
06-03-2007, 10:19 PM

Neil, I have picked on you and I respect your options!! But to quote Rodney King?? of all people, for a African American that ran from the law with his tuner Hyundai,(back before the 4 inch exhaust mod) He couldn't have come out before the press and all of the camera's. Black and blue, looking like he had refused sex with Mike Tyson and his sparing partners, better!! :thumbup: TJ

ehh not trying to quote him, just the way i feel, i dont care who said what, its just a matter of expression :)

Bob98SR5
06-03-2007, 10:34 PM
chuck,

dude, are you serious? :rofl: good grief, there's no doubt in my mind that the lunatics (or lunatic) have truly taken over the asylum.

bob

ChickenLover
06-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Chuck is right. A few days ago, I sent a pm to a member on TOF with a link to UY. I just checked it and the url in the link has been changed to some gibberish and goes nowhere.

Bob98SR5
06-03-2007, 10:40 PM
hey, someone try 4runners.org please!!!

ChickenLover
06-03-2007, 10:45 PM
It still works, Bob... For now.

91TPU
06-03-2007, 10:48 PM
i checked it out, it looks really good, very easy to use, and a helluva lot of information there!

oly884
06-03-2007, 10:49 PM

The answer to that is no. We can't all get along. No matter how much one may want it to be so, there's always going to be those whom you cannot get along with.

I've dealt with too many people in my lifetime to realize that people will always be people and always be a-holes.

So, to reiterate, no, we can't all get along.

Bob98SR5
06-03-2007, 10:55 PM
i checked it out, it looks really good, very easy to use, and a helluva lot of information there!

oh, i meant going over to YT to see if they character assasinated (haha) my website's url like they did with ultimateyota and *not* my own personal website, 4runners.org :hillbill:

chicken: thanks for checking. glad the other nice co-owner took down my tech from that place. good riddance.

bob

91TPU
06-03-2007, 11:19 PM

oh, i meant going over to YT to see if they character assasinated (haha) my website's url like they did with ultimateyota and *not* my own personal website, 4runners.org :hillbill:

chicken: thanks for checking. glad the other nice co-owner took down my tech from that place. good riddance.

bob

ah i see, i was gonna say i thought i saw a lot of those write ups before, still great site...sorry i misread, its like 2am here and im still filling out my app for the NJSP...

ecchamberlin
06-03-2007, 11:22 PM
I just asked Corey for my fundage back. I wonder if I will see a reply at all.

Bob98SR5
06-03-2007, 11:24 PM

bob

ah i see, i was gonna say i thought i saw a lot of those write ups before, still great site...sorry i misread, its like 2am here and im still filling out my app for the NJSP...

no worries, its cool. but what i forgot to say was "Welcome to UltimateYota.com!" good to see you here. :clap:

bob

Bob98SR5
06-03-2007, 11:50 PM

Eric,

Fat chance! TJ asked for his funds back, so did Jwbehm, but to my knowledge, neither of them received squat.

Call it a loss. If they are to go as so far as doing this Communist-bloc era censoring of this site in addition to the other b.s. they condoned re everything you've read here, getting your money back will surely be an amazing feat for them to even consider.

I'll buy spot you a beer or two when we meet on an outing. Cool? :)

Bob

d0ubledown
06-04-2007, 01:12 AM

yup..they even messed up my sig link to here as well. this is what you get when you enter in ultimateyota in any text input field over at TOP....

The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:

1. Could not find phrase 'censoredword'.

anyway...aside from all the drama, im glad things were called out on and put out on the table. clears up alot of things for alot of people..myself included. it really is a shame that it ended up the way it did...but if it didnt, UY wouldnt have existed. blessing in disguise i suppose...

sheesh...

Texas Jim
06-04-2007, 03:52 AM

Like Bob said........ No refunds from TOF, his responce will be to quote the new rules!! :shake: :shake: ...TJ

MTL_4runner
06-04-2007, 04:15 AM
Like Bob said........ No refunds from TOF, his responce will be to quote the new rules!! :shake: :shake: ...TJ

The new rules are there are no rules, only what side of the bed someone got up on that day. :roll:

What a joke....garbling the UY url over there.

bamachem
06-04-2007, 05:00 AM
well after some time i have finally made my way over...primarily due to the actions taken agaisnt ric and a few others of recent. with that said i must also post an apology, to the mods, and esp bamachem, he shed light on a topic that i fought him on, i now realize that was my mistake, im sorry...nice to see that everyone from there made it here, itll be nice to enjoy some good posts...not the same old bs...

hey man, no sweat. WELCOME. it's all water under the bridge, and DEFINITELY no apologies needed. i was privy to some first-hand info that i couldn't just lay out in public, so that's why i had my strong convictions about what was going on and where the place was headed. i'm just glad that Steve, Mike, Lance, Tom, Bob, and I got this place started and we were able to recruit an incredible group of moderators in order to get everything up and running before the mass-exodus took place at TOF. at least now you all have an alternative.

anyway, hang out, take a look around, and let us know what you think of the new place! :thumbup:

i asked CHRIS (kctopher) for my refund (sponsoring membership) way back when all this started, less than a week after i donated it, and got it back ASAP. maybe they decided that giving refunds to the people who ask would really hurt their financial position... :shake:

ecchamberlin
06-04-2007, 05:11 AM
I did get a reply from Corey but like you guys predicted it is a no go. "Please see rule #whatever.....

Worth a shot.

I am kinda bummed as I am sure you all are to. Everything I know about my Runner and the people I have wheeled with all came from that site. Heck the house I bought I found going to a new years party at MarcP's place. Not to be compaired to the ammount of time/effort some of you in this thread put into the creation of YT. Just sucks to see something that was cool go down in flames like that.

Oh well

Cebby
06-04-2007, 05:21 AM

Censorship at it's finest.

Sounds like the kid that brought his ball to the park, didn't like the way the game was going, so he took his ball and went home. Childish, but predictable.

Good luck finding all the other URL's we own that redirect to this site. I can play this game all day long. If anyone wants the list, PM me.

Lee
06-04-2007, 06:52 AM
oh man. classic.

i wonder how mark will justify THIS.

Euphorickaty80
06-04-2007, 07:05 AM
After reading this i went over there and deleted all but my name.....If i could delete my account i would.....I dont want to be a part of a communist forum.... :shake:

I :love: UY :thumbup:

strap22
06-04-2007, 08:45 AM
Well I finally made it over here. (Not sure if I am welcome or not). A couple points I would like to address and That is all I will say about it.

1.) Yes we did give Corey a free bumper and suspension in exchange for a photo shoot with Dave Zartman. We also arranged for ARB to do the install and for Dave to do the photo shoot. Corey was the the likely donor because he writes very good tech articles and has done alot for the offroad community not to mention he works minutes from ARB so the use of his vehicle was simple.
2.) The fridge was NOT given to Corey and he paid the same price anyone else would.
3.) The "Rig of the week" placement came up and it really was perfect timing for me. I had just posted my rig for sale and I didn't ask for any special treatment. The picture was changed by Corey at his suggestion since he thought it would better showcase my rig since it was for sale. The buyer was from MUD.

The final statement I want to make is I used Yota Tech for information long before I began selling on there and have been a contributing member from the beginning when I signed up. I too hate all the drama on these forums and hope that this forum becomes a place that contributes information to reader/members so they can benifit from the knowledge you all have.

The selling of my rig was for several reasons and since the sale actually took place while I was out of town at my Mothers funeral I was relieved that I had the extra cash to pay for the funeral. Timing is evrything sometimes.

I would like to be active on this forum but time is the biggest problem right now. I spend very little time on any forum. If you want us to advertise on here let me know. Otherwise I will just fad into the background. Unless I get banned for posting this.......I have no problem with Dave posting a retraction that the products were donated for the photo shoot by TRDParts4U.com and ARB/USA.

Cebby
06-04-2007, 08:59 AM
Phil - Thanks for your thoughtful post and welcome to UltimateYota.com. Please know that none of us consider your actions objectionable in all of this. Unfortunately, you are the innocent bystander that got slung around due to circumstances beyond your control. Thank you for going on record and shedding some light on the matter.

I do hope Mark returns to read your own words about the bumper. Seems he was getting conflicting information from somewhere.

You are always welcome here and we want folks to feel that they can voice their opinion here without being quashed. We don't ban people for having an opinion.

Cebby
06-04-2007, 09:02 AM
BTW, Phil - your ToyotaOffRoad link is misspelled.

MTL_4runner
06-04-2007, 09:05 AM
Phil - Thanks for your thoughtful post and welcome to UltimateYota.com. Please know that none of us consider your actions objectionable in all of this. Unfortunately, you are the innocent bystander that got slung around due to circumstances beyond your control. Thank you for going on record and shedding some light on the matter.

I do hope Mark returns to read your own words about the bumper. Seems he was getting conflicting information from somewhere.

You are always welcome here and we want folks to feel that they can voice their opinion here without being quashed. We don't ban people for having an opinion.

X2

Phil, you are certainly welcome over here anytime and we really appreciate you stating the facts for everyone so we can all draw our own conclusions, get over this and move on. The sentiment felt by many really has nothing to do with you or your actions as I mentioned in my previous post and I'm sorry you were involved in this situation at all.

BruceTS
06-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Phil, my opinion on this subject is easy, I could care less who got what for free.

The main reason why I left is the new moderators heavy handedness, total BS. So, I make a farwell post.....guess what, it gets deleted, even though it was well within the forums guidelines.

strap22
06-04-2007, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome. Also thanks for the heads-up on my spelling. I will get it fixed and work on my profile. I guess the first thing I should do is read the rules. Also where is the Vendor information so I can get signed up? Also I am not getting e-mail notices when someone post in a subsribed thread?

I hope midwall reads this so he can have a better unerstanding too.

strap22
06-04-2007, 09:32 AM
In my opinion there is room for everyone and people have choices. Let each make up their own mind. I enjoy all the forums for different reasons. It's kinda like the way my shops for stuff. She get this from here and that fromthere. in the end she gets what she needed and so will readers on the forums. Now I will go fix my signature........

MTL_4runner
06-04-2007, 09:49 AM
BTW, Phil - your ToyotaOffRoad link is misspelled.

Same with Toyotanascar.com :tapedshut:

bamachem
06-04-2007, 10:18 AM
Well I finally made it over here. (Not sure if I am welcome or not). A couple points I would like to address and That is all I will say about it.

1.) Yes we did give Corey a free bumper and suspension in exchange for a photo shoot with Dave Zartman. We also arranged for ARB to do the install and for Dave to do the photo shoot. Corey was the the likely donor because he writes very good tech articles and has done alot for the offroad community not to mention he works minutes from ARB so the use of his vehicle was simple.
2.) The fridge was NOT given to Corey and he paid the same price anyone else would.
3.) The "Rig of the week" placement came up and it really was perfect timing for me. I had just posted my rig for sale and I didn't ask for any special treatment. The picture was changed by Corey at his suggestion since he thought it would better showcase my rig since it was for sale. The buyer was from MUD.

The final statement I want to make is I used Yota Tech for information long before I began selling on there and have been a contributing member from the beginning when I signed up. I too hate all the drama on these forums and hope that this forum becomes a place that contributes information to reader/members so they can benifit from the knowledge you all have.

The selling of my rig was for several reasons and since the sale actually took place while I was out of town at my Mothers funeral I was relieved that I had the extra cash to pay for the funeral. Timing is evrything sometimes.

I would like to be active on this forum but time is the biggest problem right now. I spend very little time on any forum. If you want us to advertise on here let me know. Otherwise I will just fad into the background. Unless I get banned for posting this.......I have no problem with Dave posting a retraction that the products were donated for the photo shoot by TRDParts4U.com and ARB/USA.

Phil:

first of all, you will always be welcome here. again, none of the mud that's been slung around was intended to fly in your direction. you were a bystander that got caught in the crossfire, and for that, i apologize to you yet again. we do not ban on a whim, and we do not delete any posts or pics unless they are clearly in violation of the rules and do not support the intent of the forum (you won't find any "my girlfriend broke up with me" whining over here, for instance). although this isn't a democracy, we do have some very good people on staff here, and the mix is good so that we get multiple viewpoints of any issues that do come up.

i have zero problems with you giving a bumper and lift, or even a fridge to corey - especially for promotional purposes such as a feature article in 4WDTO magazine. hell, i got my replacement bumper from ARB at a steep discount (lower than dealer cost) as part of a promo deal they gave me. it's part of the nature of the business and i have been the benefactor on occasion. however, from day 1, corey stated that they were a "gift" to him for "all his hard work and dedication" on TOF. those were his words, not mine, and he said nothing about a photo shoot at the time it was brought up. i think we have all had some concerns about the financial stability of TOF, and when one of the owners is accepting freebies (as he originally said they were gifts) as his forum is running out of funds just doesn't come across as the "best" thing to do, no matter what the intent. also, i posted your full PM to me (covering the points above) explaining the circumstances behind your offer, and hopefully that is sufficient for you as well.

anyway, enough of that.

any vendors are welcome here. our rules are pretty straight-forward and mirror a lot of the one's you're used to since my cohorts in this endeavor are the ones that created the rules over at TOF.

again, WELCOME, and feel free to post up a bio page in the Vendor section.

:thumbup:

midiwall
06-04-2007, 10:46 AM
Funny thing is, they complain about all the drama over there, then they turn around and bring it to our doorstep.

Geez Mike, I showed up to clear up the drama that was started HERE by TJ. That resulted in him making continued threats of bodily harm to me.

Look back a few pages... Steve asked me to comment on the screenshot that Andy posted, and I did. I agree that Corey was given the bumper - _as a promotional tool and payment for a photo shoot_. I don't see anything wrong with that, it happens all the time.

garrett
06-04-2007, 11:34 AM

BAHAHA! that's great! :rofl:

Cebby
06-04-2007, 11:35 AM

Geez Mike, I showed up to clear up the drama that was started HERE by TJ. That resulted in him making continued threats of bodily harm to me.

TJ was venting. The drama started and spiralled quickly when you engaged him. Do I have a problem with that? No - I think it was very healthy for everyone to understand what's going on overthere.

What Bodily Harm? C'mon. Give me an example, I'm not sifting through 16 pages of TJ's ramblings. People say all sorts of stuff when they vent. Hell, look at your fearless :laugh: leader over there. He makes hypothetical threats to anyone who looks at his "rig" wrong. The casket, the numchucks, the unfired AR-15.

Your tone just continues to drive the point home - YT is so hellbent on applying the letter of the law, that they've taken the helpful personal touch out of that place. Hell, I still get people PM'ing me for advice over there since they know I don't post.

Look back a few pages... Steve asked me to comment on the screenshot that Andy posted, and I did. I agree that Corey was given the bumper - _as a promotional tool and payment for a photo shoot_. I don't see anything wrong with that, it happens all the time.

I must have missed that - sorry. Let's all agree that none of us have a problem with Corey getting a free bumper and lift, OK? It's been beaten to death.

The issue is about how he intends to stick the members with the server bill rather than go back on his "word" about the vendor advertising being free. Same thing with the contributing members - once a contributing member always a contributing member, can't go back on my "word" he'd say. Guess what - the content was good enough to justify annual member fees in exchange for them to have all the features.

Sponsoring membership was set up annually and Contributing had the choice of recurring or one-time (I know since I was the one who set it all up). The sponsoring membership level was intended for vendors - but was never pushed that way while he solicited people to have a free vendor banner on the site. Hell he arbitrarily made himself a sponsoring member because he has access to the admin functions of the software. When called on it, he lumbered back under his rock and removed himself (or maybe Chris did, who knows for sure). It's a classic case of too much power - one little detail was forgotten, that with power comes responsibility. He has the ego trip part of it down - just look at his title over there. I fear that he'll never understand the obligation he has to the membership who built that place. He's just the caretaker, the members are the real stars of the show.

Cebby
06-04-2007, 11:40 AM

BAHAHA! that's great! :rofl:

Hey Mark - what's up with that anyway? Since you can do that in an area for admins only, I'm guessing that was a little surprise for everyone from your leader?

Might want to tell him that it wreaks of censorship and just plain makes you guys look bad. That AND the ill-conceived rule 17.

BruceTS
06-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Not only did they make up a stupid rule 17, but they also made it so your old post were locked so they couldn't be deleted, hmmm wonder why?

It's so blantantly obvious that they feel threatened by this forum and are trying to prevent a mass exodus......guess what they are failing.....

Bob98SR5
06-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Phil/Strap,

While I know the other moderators are a little more welcoming than I currently feel at the moment, I still find too many things too coincidental, even down to the little things like your truck going for sale the same day the Truck of the Week thing was implemented. Now it could be that Corey decided to implement it in anticipation of yours, but the launch was within 1 hour of you posting your ad. Whether or not you are a victim of his overzealous promotion of your company, personal debt/obligation to you for the bumper and other stuff, etc...we'll never know. Only Corey will know.

That said, I am going to go along with the other guys, bury the hatchet, and give you the benefit of the doubt. That is how much faith and respect i have in the opinions of my peers, co-founders, mods and our members. Personally speaking, given the way the moderator(s) and/or co-owners are running the show over there, I'd disassociate myself from that VBIED of a forum. Reminds me of the last days of the Third Reich with these insane rules, censorship of our name, and editing of member posts.

Bob

strap22
06-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Andy, good to hear from you. I appreciate the kind words. I will go to the Vendor Section and check it out and spend a little time getting a feel for this forum. I just want to make this perfectly clear to everyone.....Corey did indeed buy the fridge. He paid for it just like anyone else would. The other stuff is history. Thanks for the opportunity to state my side. Now I need to check your new home out. I might even get comfy here too.

Cheese
06-04-2007, 12:42 PM
I would just like to remind you of the status of the kitty. If we keep going like this, that poor thing is going to be dead. I research funding options for thousands of hours per day, on ways to keep this kitty alive. By the time I finally hit the fart sack, I am usually out of options.

Thankfully, as a reward for my many hours of hardwork I have a cold place to keep the kitty, a smooth carrier for the cold place and a big gun to protect people who oggle my kitty or my carrier. I think this is all pay back from when I stopped drinking in 82. Only Harvey's rootbeer can be kept with the kitty.

If you see me or the kitty on the trail, please remember to Tread Lightly in Greenwater, the Gateway to ARB. Wave to the planes, thanks to the greatest employer in the nation and have a zesty day!

Cebby
06-04-2007, 12:44 PM
:lol: OMG... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bob98SR5
06-04-2007, 12:51 PM
oh SNAP! that takes the time machine back to the 9-9! :wooot: :rofl:

91TPU
06-04-2007, 12:52 PM
hahaha

strap22
06-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Bob it's nice to hear from you too. Speculation is all we all can do. The Timing was very good to say the least and I was greatful to get the exposure. Fortunately my rig was basically sold in 18 hours from my first post on Mud. There was never an offer from any of TOF YT members for it. Anyway, I too hope we can co-exist and I am always willing to help in any way I can.

surf4runner
06-04-2007, 01:47 PM
is it over yet? to the hole then. :flipoff:

Texas Jim
06-04-2007, 01:56 PM

1.) Yes we did give Corey a free bumper and suspension in exchange for a photo shoot with Dave Zartman. We also arranged for ARB to do the install and for Dave to do the photo shoot. Corey was the the likely donor because he writes very good tech articles and has done allot for the offroad community not to mention he works minutes from ARB so the use of his vehicle was simple.

The final statement I want to make is I used Yota Tech for information long before I began selling on there and have been a contributing member from the beginning when I signed up. I too hate all the drama on these forums and hope that this forum becomes a place that contributes information to reader/members so they can benefit from the knowledge you all have.

The selling of my rig was for several reasons and since the sale actually took place while I was out of town at my Mothers funeral I was relieved that I had the extra cash to pay for the funeral. Timing is everything sometimes.

Strap22,

Let me first say that I am truly saddened by the loss of your Mother, I know when someone looses a parent it make life very diffcult. Again please accept my condolences!

Also I want to go on record that I have a great deal of respect for the people here and how this forum is run! I know that almost everyone here will do any thing they can to help a person solve any problems with their Toyota!!

The other thing that I would like to say is that I respect your courage to come out and face the potential ridicule that could have happened over the sensitive subject that you have addressed. I really admire you for doing that!

Ok, now down to the real reason I am glad to see you here....j/k If you check in the "off topic section," There is a place that a guy or lady can post pictures, in the section of, (Not Safe For Work!) If I recall it seems to me that you had a couple of photo's of ladies at a truck show with a featured white Toyota truck, I would love to see their picture posted here in that area!!! Now remember the rules here are not as strict, but never the less what you had posted at TOF was just OK for here too...

Actually just kidding about the last paragraph, but if you would like to go ahead....

Welcome, and enjoy this wonderful forum... :thumbup:

Texas Jim
06-04-2007, 02:09 PM

Jeez Mike, I showed up to clear up the drama that was started HERE by TJ. That resulted in him making continued threats of bodily harm to me.

TJ was venting. The drama started and spiralled quickly when you engaged him. Do I have a problem with that? No - I think it was very healthy for everyone to understand what's going on overthere.

What Bodily Harm? C'mon. Give me an example, I'm not sifting through 16 pages of TJ's ramblings. People say all sorts of stuff when they vent. Hell, look at your fearless :laugh: leader over there. He makes hypothetical threats to anyone who looks at his "rig" wrong. The casket, the numchucks, the unfired AR-15.

Your tone just continues to drive the point home - YT is so hellbent on applying the letter of the law, that they've taken the helpful personal touch out of that place. Hell, I still get people PM'ing me for advice over there since they know I don't post.

I must have missed that - sorry. Let's all agree that none of us have a problem with Corey getting a free bumper and lift, OK? It's been beaten to death.

The issue is about how he intends to stick the members with the server bill rather than go back on his "word" about the vendor advertising being free. Same thing with the contributing members - once a contributing member always a contributing member, can't go back on my "word" he'd say. Guess what - the content was good enough to justify annual member fees in exchange for them to have all the features.

Sponsoring membership was set up annually and Contributing had the choice of recurring or one-time (I know since I was the one who set it all up). The sponsoring membership level was intended for vendors - but was never pushed that way while he solicited people to have a free vendor banner on the site. Hell he arbitrarily made himself a sponsoring member because he has access to the admin functions of the software. When called on it, he lumbered back under his rock and removed himself (or maybe Chris did, who knows for sure). It's a classic case of too much power - one little detail was forgotten, that with power comes responsibility. He has the ego trip part of it down - just look at his title over there. I fear that he'll never understand the obligation he has to the membership who built that place. He's just the caretaker, the members are the real stars of the show.

I was not rambling, and I did not threaten you Midiwall, I do not do that, bad things just start happening!! TJ