PDA

View Full Version : working with photoshop to produce fake IR tech, pic inside

neliconcept
06-01-2007, 09:20 PM
http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs16/f/2007/152/2/5/serene_fall_by_neliconcept.jpg

just want to know if I achieved it in somewhat kinda crappy way.

Im going to try and get a deeeeeep red 89b filter and do some manual exposure

these are living leaves, dead leaves create the dark black effect, and I want the snow white effect.

Markduce
06-04-2007, 04:30 AM
:thumbup: liking it so far.

oly884
06-04-2007, 10:46 PM
not too shabby. I'm sure you're aware that the photo is a bit on the blurry side.

As for IR photos, why not just go grab an IR filter? The one thing you have to be careful about is the long shutter times you will get. Wind will turn a cool shot into a sucky shot with any long exposure as I'm sure you know.

I've messed with an IR filter once, they make some sweet shots. You can always get a cheaper one to start with and if it's something you're interested in, bite the bullet and get a good one.

neliconcept
06-04-2007, 11:24 PM
i did an overlay with a guassian blur to get that effect too, its similar to a diffusion filter. kinda whys its blurry. prob should have made it a little more transparent.

been looking around, no shop around here has one :/ guess ill have to order one and to boot i have to get one for an 82mm front element which is going to cost a lot to begin with lol.

ive been told true IR filters are almost black, its like looking through a welding mask. im gonna try and get a deep red one soon to get the effect im looking for.

BruceTS
06-05-2007, 07:00 AM
with my camera, an IR filter and a simple mod to one of the camera's circuts allows some pretty neat images with the nightshot feature turned on during the day time....

neliconcept
06-05-2007, 11:13 AM
with my camera, an IR filter and a simple mod to one of the camera's circuts allows some pretty neat images with the nightshot feature turned on during the day time....

what camera are you using?

i heard you can mess with the sensor on CMOS and nikon sensors (not sure of name) and get it to work, however I was also told that these sensors let in enough IR to produce it with the right filter. Im just not sure if i want to screw with the circuits on my near 2k camera.

BruceTS
06-05-2007, 03:33 PM
I have a Sony F828, you remove the internal IR filter and it takes some pretty sweet images. or you can install an IR filter, but then you can adjust speed...etc.

I was thinking of sending mine in to get the mod done, afterwards you need to run another screw-on filter to take normal images.....

neliconcept
06-06-2007, 09:11 AM
I have a Sony F828, you remove the internal IR filter and it takes some pretty sweet images. or you can install an IR filter, but then you can adjust speed...etc.

I was thinking of sending mine in to get the mod done, afterwards you need to run another screw-on filter to take normal images.....

i got a dark red non screw on filter that I plan on messing with today to see what effects i can get for the most part.

ill post up some tutorials ive seen that work with this and other types of photography too.