PDA

View Full Version : Snopes.com. Whats your story?

Euphorickaty80
06-08-2007, 05:44 AM
Ok all of us get those annoying "dont do this because..." or "forward this and it will help..." emails. I always check them out on snopes.com and i would say 99% of the time the email is bogus. So why not start a thread on the bogus emails we get and how true they are? Post up any stories that you have heard and found to be true or false on snopes. Heres the most recent one i got(thanks TJ :tongueout:)

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/life.asp

Paul H.
06-08-2007, 06:03 PM
I haven't gotten any in awhile because I have no friends to send me emails. :( :(

Bob98SR5
06-09-2007, 01:05 AM
my best friend's wife is a smart cookie, hard charging lady, a helluva project manager...BUT!!! when she gets one of those touchy feely "share this email and microsoft will donate $1 to quadrapalegic billy in omaha, NE whose father died in an IED incident in iraq", she'd send it to just about everyone.

one day, i was in a bad mood and told her "look, how the hell would microsoft check that anyways?", well, my main source of gay arse tugging-at-the-heart-strings lunacy ended.

..i dont know if i feel bad or not about that! :hillbill:

Euphorickaty80
06-09-2007, 07:15 AM
HaHa....I dont think i would be feeling bad about it....I hate bogus emails....the jokes i dont mind but the emails that threaten you with bad luck or death if you dont forward them make me nuts.