PDA

View Full Version : $300 Mud Flaps

SD4runner
06-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Just a heads up to you guys.

I did not know that I had to appear in court for a fix it ticket. Well, I got a letter in the mail last week saying that my license had been suspended and that I owed $433 due to a mud flap violation. They were 2" too small. So, I went to court today.. 3 hours later I got my mud flap violation dismissed (since I had gotten it checked off), but, then they tagged me with a $300 fine for not appearing in court that was stated on my ticket! Well, I had no idea I needed to appear in court. I have never gotten a fix it ticket or a ticket before, so I guess its just my warm welcome to the wonderful world of law enforcement.

Just a warning to anyone

fustercluck
06-08-2007, 04:02 PM
that's what you get for being an environmentalist......:hillbill:

Good Times
06-08-2007, 04:14 PM
i thought suv's didn't need flaps and only pickups. regardless if they dismissed the ticket then shouldn't that mean you didn't need to go to court cuz it wasn't a valid ticket to begin with? i'd try to fight that if possible.

bummer

slosurfer
06-08-2007, 06:32 PM
I thought a fix it ticket was nothing once the problem was taken care of and checked off. (Assuming the problem was fixed and checked off by a certain date)

reggie 00
06-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Nope you have to go in.

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/traffic/common.htm#fixit

Good Times
06-08-2007, 10:00 PM
reggie, is this new cuz i rem gettin a fix it ticket back in the late 90's and didn't have to go thru this trouble... either way.. damn good to know!

reggie 00
06-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Reggie, is this new cuz i rem gettin a fix it ticket back in the late 90's and didn't have to go thru this trouble... either way.. damn good to know!

I don't know i just looked it up on the court self help site.

I have used it for other things too, it is usually pretty helpful.

Back in the day i was fortunate enough to only get ordinary tickets, you know 88 in a 55 type a thing..

SD4runner
06-08-2007, 10:20 PM
that's what you get for being an environmentalist......:hillbill:

LOL! Thats the first thing they think when they see me rolling down the road with my "monster truck". :D :shake:

Dude, I have been targeted 2 times by those environmental terrorists. One time they drilled each tires sidewalls with 3" drywall screws. The other time I had tree sap on my windshield saying "Guzzler". Then I think to myself... They are just probably 18 year old douche bags with nothing else better to do than think they understand anything. I bet their 73 VW bus puts out more emissions than my 4runner. Fags.

jimbo74
06-10-2007, 03:47 AM
when you get a ticket, even a fix it ticket, you sign off that you promise to appear in court

MTL_4runner
06-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Ok, remind me not to live in Kalifornia......that is just an outright cash grab. :gay:

SD4runner
06-10-2007, 09:58 AM
when you get a ticket, even a fix it ticket, you sign off that you promise to appear in court

Yeah, I just learned that one a little too late.

Ok, remind me not to live in Kalifornia......that is just an outright cash grab. :gay:

Yes, please stay out of California, we have enough kooks living here now a days!!! Not to say your a kook, but, there are way too many dumb *gratuitous expletive removed* moving here. :)

Peter
06-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Not to say your a kook...

No, he's a kook alright...
:angel:

MTL_4runner
06-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Yes, please stay out of California, we have enough kooks living here now a days!!! Not to say your a kook, but, there are way too many dumb *gratuitous expletive removed* moving here. :)

Hahaha, you guys can have your "kooks" and if I see any I'll be sure to give them good directions because they're obviously lost on their way to Cali......they don't seem to last through a cold winter so I'm fine right where I am sans "fix it" tickets and all. :tongueout:

SD4runner
06-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Nonoo... I dont want any more kooks here. Its f'ing ridiculous. Thats the other problem... they call it Cali. That pisses me off for whatever reason.

Its like its some f'ing tour or someting. people come here, crowd up the streets and don't respect the locals and land.

I saw a truck load of douche bag dudes with that soap crap on their window "Cali Bound"... I was ready to go over there and rub wax on their windshield.."GO HOME KOOKS!!" But, yeah, I end up taking a few deep breaths and relaxed, and just chucked a few rocks instead.

Nevermind, i dont know what Im talking about..

Peter
06-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Hahaha, you guys can have your "kooks" and if I see any I'll be sure to give them good directions because they're obviously lost on their way to Cali......they don't seem to last through a cold winter so I'm fine right where I am sans "fix it" tickets and all. :tongueout:

[last hijack]
Hey Jamie, I heard that CANADA is the Americanized butchering of the original "CND" pronounciation of your country...
"C, eh, N, eh, D, eh"

How d'ya like me now? :tongueout:
[/last hijack]

Back on topic... bummer to hear about the price tag.
My 4runner still needs flaps and I'm still not sure how to go about putting some on.

jimbo74
06-10-2007, 03:45 PM
i dont see why you are pissed abotu the $300? you nkew you got a fix it ticket and ignored fixing it, and are pissed now that the legal system caught you for it....

MTL_4runner
06-10-2007, 06:04 PM
[last hijack]
Hey Jamie, I heard that CANADA is the Americanized butchering of the original "CND" pronounciation of your country...
"C, eh, N, eh, D, eh"

How d'ya like me now? :tongueout:
[/last hijack]

That's ok cause Canada's the 51st state anyway, right? :flipoff:

J/K :angel:

reggie 00
06-10-2007, 07:36 PM
i dont see why you are pissed abotu the $300? you nkew you got a fix it ticket and ignored fixing it, and are pissed now that the legal system caught you for it....

He did fix it, read his first post better.
the fine was for failure to appear.

Peter
06-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Relax Jimbo...
I don't know if you see it but you're "reading" off as kind of a jerk.

Jamie:
Just 'cause you're jealous...
(yeah I know it's weak. I got nothing.)