PDA

View Full Version : *Cancelled* Dusy/Ershim Trail. Shaver Lake, CA. July 7th and 8th. *Cancelled*

xonetruthcrewx
06-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Alright lets do this. Its going to be a 2 day trip, 1 night of camping on the trail. The trail is 30 miles long. It is supposedly pretty gnar. I am a ways away from this trail so i am going to head up on the 6th so i dont have to drive tons Saturday morning. Hopefully i have a cabin to crash at in Shaver Lake, if not i will be getting a hotel in Fresno for Friday night. Fresno is about an hour away from Shaver Lake. Do whatever you guys want, just be at the meet spot on time Saturday Morning.

I have not done this trail before. All i know about it is what i have read in the "Northern California Backroads and 4-Wheel Drive Trails" book. If you have some input on this trail, awesome. Lets hear it. I went ahead and scanned the pages from the book so you can have a look at it. Now hopefully some of you are up to it and we can make this happen. I hope so! This trail looks like tons of fun.

Details!

Saturday Morning Meet Spot. Get there a little early, gas up, get ice, whatever. We depart at 0730. We got lots of trail to tackle and we will need all the time we can get. Looks like its going to take about 45ish minutes to get from the meet spot to the beginning of the trail.

Shaver Lake 76
(559) 841-3649
41801 Tollhouse Rd, Shaver Lake, CA
(Tollhouse Rd. is Highway 168. The main drag.)

Trail Plan. Saturday.

I would like to tackle at least 20 miles of trail on Saturday, only leaving 10 for Sunday giving us a more relaxed day and time to get back home. So basically, have a good time, take some good pics, eat some good food and find an awesome place to setup camp.

Trail Plan. Sunday.

Basically the same as Sautrday. Finish the trial off and at the end of the road a round of Hi-5's. Haha.

~This is my first time planning any kind of event/run so if i seem a little wishy washy, whatever. Its going to be a hell of a time.~

Once you are 100% sure you are in, make sure you post so. I would also suggest that if you dont have at least a rear locker and 32's you wait to do this trail for when you do have such things. Ok, i think thats it for now. Right On.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/xonetruthcrewx/Untitled-2.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/xonetruthcrewx/Untitled-1.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/xonetruthcrewx/Untitled-3.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/xonetruthcrewx/Untitled-4.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/xonetruthcrewx/Untitled-5.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/xonetruthcrewx/Untitled-6.jpg

reggie 00
06-08-2007, 10:09 PM
I so want to do this trail.

But i am ham strung by little things and money.

Care to make it a yearly thing?

Good luck on your run. and bring back details and lots of pics please.

calrockx
06-08-2007, 11:58 PM
I'm interested.

xonetruthcrewx
06-09-2007, 01:24 AM
Yeah, making this a yearly thing would be awesome. You can count on tons of pics and a good report when it does go down.

calrockx, interest is good. Forest service recommends at least 33's and a rear locker. You locked? Just let me know what weekend you want and we will lock it in and make it happen. Right On.

calrockx
06-09-2007, 01:34 AM
ya, i got a locker or two.

um....really, either weekend works. i guess the first one would be better, but either way. i'll spread the word on the possibility of this trip, see who's interested.

Robinhood4x4
06-09-2007, 08:13 AM
I've never done the trail but people in my club have described it as like the rubicon but 2 days long. Both of you guys should be fine. Have fun.

xonetruthcrewx
06-09-2007, 08:44 PM
ya, i got a locker or two.

um....really, either weekend works. i guess the first one would be better, but either way. i'll spread the word on the possibility of this trip, see who's interested.

Sent you a PM.

xonetruthcrewx
06-09-2007, 08:46 PM
I've never done the trail but people in my club have described it as like the rubicon but 2 days long. Both of you guys should be fine. Have fun.

Yeah, Rubicon like is what i have heard also. I'm pretty damn stoked for this.

Casey Likes Metal
06-10-2007, 10:59 AM
I am going to try and make this one. I've been wanting to do this trail for a long time.

xonetruthcrewx
06-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Excellent. Looks like we are going to do it the 8th and 9th. We were planning to head up the evening of the 7th and get a hotel in Fresno. That way we can get an early start. The trail is about an hour from Fresno.

acreves
06-10-2007, 06:29 PM
I wanna go! I won't know for sure for a few days cause I got to take a few days off of work.

xonetruthcrewx
06-13-2007, 02:14 PM
Bump for an Updated first post. The trip is on. Let do this.

xonetruthcrewx
06-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Errrrrr. I originally posted that it was for the 8th and 9th. Thats a Sunday and Monday. I'm retarded. Its for the 7th and 8th, Saturday and Sunday. Maybe thats why no one has confirmed. So bump for the correct dates. Right On.

xonetruthcrewx
06-19-2007, 03:34 AM
Well, i want to kinda keep this a Ultimate Yota thing but if no one wants to go i have little choice. Just giving it one last chance before i post over at TTORA.

Seanz0rz
06-19-2007, 10:25 AM
oh how i wish i had a locker...

hope you guys have a great time!

xonetruthcrewx
06-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Yeah, me too. Dont know if this run is going to happen though. Dosent seem like anyone is down for it and it wouldnt be wise to run it alone. We'll see.

xonetruthcrewx
06-22-2007, 06:45 PM
Alright, **** it. Trip is cancelled. Dosent seem like there is any interest for one and two, i decided that i want to be able to do this run over a three day period. Be able to take our time and not be rushed. No worries though, i am going to try and set this up again sometime in the future. Probably next year, late spring and i will start putting this together months in advance. So...... look out for that **** in 08'.

(Edited foul language - Good Times)

calrockx
06-22-2007, 07:27 PM
Sucks man, sorry I couldn't make it afterall, just bad timing. There are a few of us that wanna hit this trail in particular, so the next go should work out much better.