PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used Redline Water Wetter ?

JB_96LTD
06-14-2007, 06:20 AM
Is there any benefit in using this product with your coolant? Redline claims that it reduces your coolant temp. I believe? If this is true, would it be something worth using?

MTL_4runner
06-14-2007, 06:59 AM
If you're using the Toyota red coolant and your thermostat is working properly, then there's no need to use a product like water wetter. In fact even if it was able to drop your engine temps a properly functioning thermostat will not let the engine drop below the preset temp for efficiency reasons.

JB_96LTD
06-14-2007, 08:37 AM
If you're using the Toyota red coolant and your thermostat is working properly, then there's no need to use a product like water wetter. In fact even if it was able to drop your engine temps a properly functioning thermostat will not let the engine drop below the preset temp for efficiency reasons.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like another gimmick product :shake:

MTL_4runner
06-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Sounds like another gimmick product :shake:

I wouldn't say that (since there are certainly some high performance applications where the cooling system has trouble keeping up with the amount of heat produced or may have localized hot spots and needs every little bit of cooling help it can get), but in a well maintained stock setup, it is certainly not needed.

SLC Punk
06-14-2007, 09:16 AM
I had it in my Supercharged 4Runner. I had a TRD thermostat and the water wetter to help prevent the pinging issues I had.

Jerm
06-14-2007, 05:07 PM
I haven't used it in my yota but i used it in another vehicle when i did a 350 swap into it. I did not see any noticeable difference in temp, but all cooling components were new so probably pretty efficient. I wouldn't count it out though some people swear that it works. So you can always try it and find out it won't hurt anything.

Ric
06-14-2007, 09:15 PM
I used it when racing bikes (many moons ago) we wasnt allowed to use antifreeze on the track.
It works great then.
But as others have said, if your vehicle is running right, dont worry about it.

Bighead
06-15-2007, 06:28 AM
I used to use it when I had the supercharger on the 4Runner. I figured every little bit would help in regards to cooling. Since I pulled the S/C off I haven't used it.

KZN185W
06-16-2007, 05:01 AM
I use Red Line Diesel Water Wetter on my truck. Under normal operating conditions, you can't see the difference. But when carrying heavy load and you go up long and winding inclines (where you can't go fast), that's where you can see the difference. It works.