PDA

View Full Version : Header Decision

EWAYota
06-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Need to replace my entire exhaust, and starting off, gonna order the header before I decide on muffler.

Debating on purchasing a new LCE header for 325.00 shipped or get a D.T. header for 250 from summit.

Opinions, thoughts? I've got 2 days to decide.

amgraham
06-15-2007, 07:37 AM
I have a Thorley but haven't installed it yet. Looking at it though it seems to be good quality. I have not seen the LCE for comparison though (I found the Thorley brand new from a guy that didn't get around to using it for $160.. I just couldn't pass it up).

EWAYota
06-15-2007, 05:50 PM
i'm leaning a bit towards the thorley and possibly getting the entire exhaust system through them, I just need a push in one direction or the other. don't like making decisions without looking at them from every entire angle, lol.

amgraham
06-18-2007, 05:42 AM
I have heard from several sources that the Thorley exhaust system sucks. It's made by a different company than the headers and I hear that the fit and finish is terrible. I'm planning on buying a 2.25" cat and muffler and just having a local exhaust shop bend up a system for mine. That way I can have it run exactly the way I want to.

snap-on
06-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Its my belif that Thorley headers are the same as downey design.

its an avg header but lacks in quality to what NWOR offers.

Ive had a local exauhst shop custom make the cat back exaust on both of mine