PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood to Arrowhead 6/10/07

YotaGirl
06-14-2007, 07:15 PM
Ran some trails from Silverwood Lake to Arrowhead on Sunday. Justin and I had a great time, the weather was perfect. We went with three other Jeeps. We really need to get out with other Toyotas, seems we're always wheeling with Jeeps or Fords. :shake:

Here are some pictures...

http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z288/jnjhargrove/Silverwood%20June%202007/

This was our first time taking the 4Runner through some technical trails. We realized quickly that we need to re-gear and get lockers ASAP! :P

Seanz0rz
06-14-2007, 09:31 PM
too bad i am on vacation! we will have to run these trails in a few weeks.

what trails did you guys take?

pictures look awesome, thanks for sharing!

slosurfer
06-14-2007, 09:57 PM
Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing.

YotaGirl
06-14-2007, 10:42 PM
too bad i am on vacation! we will have to run these trails in a few weeks.

what trails did you guys take?

pictures look awesome, thanks for sharing!

One of the Jeep owners planned this trip; he mentioned running 2n17x to 2n33. Since I've never been on these trails before I couldn't tell ya for sure. I know we finished those trails pretty early in the day. One of the other Jeepers who has been wheeling since 1980 took us to some trails up by Arrowhead in the Grean Valley (?) area. I know at one point we crossed the concrete fording bridge for Deep Creek and also at Holcomb Creek. When we were at Holcomb an International and a Blazer were just finishing the rock garden. Now that is a gnarly trail.

PM me when you get back from vacation. We'll set up a run. By the way, I noticed your location. I went to Cal Poly for my undergrad degree. Are you in a frat? I was a Sigma Kappa.

Jenn

xonetruthcrewx
06-15-2007, 04:03 PM
About 3/4 of those pics were at Dishpan Springs at the "Waterfall". I was there 2 weeks ago. Good stuff for sure. Right On.

YotaGirl
06-15-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks for clarifying that for me. I'm trying to learn where all of these trails are so I can get back there again! :)

xonetruthcrewx
06-15-2007, 06:11 PM
You ever consider getting a book? www.funtreks.com I have the Northern and Southern California ones. They are very useful finding and navigating the trails.

YotaGirl
06-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Yeah, I do need to get some more books as well as some good maps. I have one set of books; Backcountry Adventures: Northern and Southern CA editions. They are pretty good books. They are not very comprehensive in listing trails, but for the trails they do have, they list a ton of information on historical points of interest, etc. Plus they include a section for identifying the local flora and fauna.

After I finishing posting this I'll check out that link you sent. :)

Edit: I checked out that site. Those look like great books. I'm going to order them. Did you get the regular cover of the spiral bound?

xonetruthcrewx
06-16-2007, 01:21 AM
i got the regular ones but after some use they started falling apart. I then went and hand them spiral bound. Go for the spiral bound for sure, much better.

reggie 00
06-16-2007, 11:22 AM
i got the regular ones but after some use they started falling apart. I then went and hand them spiral bound. Go for the spiral bound for sure, much better.

where did you have them spiral bound? and just for ref sake how much did you get gigged for?

xonetruthcrewx
06-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Had the both of them spiral bound at a local kinkos like place. Cost me like 5 bucks for the two. Its not a wire spiral bound though like they come when you buy them with the spiral bound option, it a plastic spiral bind. Still better though.

reggie 00
06-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Had the both of them spiral bound at a local kinkos like place. Cost me like 5 bucks for the two. Its not a wire spiral bound though like they come when you buy them with the spiral bound option, it a plastic spiral bind. Still better though.

Perfect i have a place to start now. Thanks

YotaGirl
06-16-2007, 09:28 PM
Great! I can't wait to order them.