PDA

View Full Version : Returning to your post after posting

Cebby
06-18-2007, 10:41 AM
I number of our members have mentioned this inherent difference from vB forums. Some like it, some don't. We currently have this option set to NOT go back to your post - the thought was that if you have already posted that you didn't need to see it again. This is different than vB forums where this option cannot be controlled.

We can change this so the default is set so it acts like a vB forum (it returns to the post you just made). However each user currently has control of this option in their profile.

So voice your opinion - should we change this feature?

neliconcept
06-18-2007, 11:27 AM
so we can change this in our control panel? if so id leave it as is and then some of us who dont like it, can decide whether to go back to the post or go to the forum

Euphorickaty80
06-18-2007, 11:35 AM
so we can change this in our control panel? if so id leave it as is and then some of us who dont like it, can decide whether to go back to the post or go to the forum

x2 :hillbill:

firebane
06-18-2007, 01:26 PM
back to post and if you don't like it change it. Its nice to know that when you go back to your post you may see if there was a reply or not.

Seanz0rz
06-18-2007, 01:29 PM
back to post and if you don't like it change it. Its nice to know that when you go back to your post you may see if there was a reply or not.
but you can set it to alert you if there was a reply made before you posted.

i have it set to do go to my new post, but the problem is on vb forums, it just adjusts the page, on these forums, it must reload the entire page, taking time and bandwidth. im going to change this setting now, just to save server loads and so i dont have to click back so many times.