PDA

View Full Version : Needs to be in the hole!!

PirateFins
06-19-2007, 01:02 PM
Ok I wasn't ever going to say anything having to do with TOF, well until this happened today while surfing there.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1037/570797466_df5b5504fa_o.jpg

the whole place is going to pot, and that is all I have to say about that. So off to the Hole they need to go. :rofl:

bamachem
06-19-2007, 03:34 PM
:rofl: :lol: :spit: :shake: :screwy: :confused:

neliconcept
06-19-2007, 03:36 PM
no comment

TDiddy
06-19-2007, 04:23 PM
:rofl: :lol: :spit: :shake: :screwy: :confused:

x1 gazillion

Peter
06-19-2007, 04:28 PM
hmmm, I don't get it.
I guess you have to fish to understand? Either that or I'm much slower today than usual.

AxleIke
06-19-2007, 04:58 PM
hmmm, I don't get it.
I guess you have to fish to understand? Either that or I'm much slower today than usual.

I think the reference was to the chebby add at the bottom of a toyota forum. They also have hummer adds there.

neliconcept
06-19-2007, 05:28 PM
hmmm, I don't get it.

I think the reference was to the chebby add at the bottom of a toyota forum. They also have hummer adds there.

thats what i gathered, i have a freakin dodge durango add below my sig right now, plus they are in between posts too now, thats freakin annoying if you ask me

MTL_4runner
06-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Oh man, I'm sorry but that's just a classic right there. :rofl:

arjan
06-19-2007, 07:10 PM
I've seen some ford fusion ads down there too. I figured they where a bit out of place on a yota forum.

Peter
06-19-2007, 09:07 PM
ooOOoooOOooh... I get it now.
Guess I should have looked more carefully. I seem to have an automatic block when it comes to advertisements.
That really doesn't make much sense does it...

YotaFun
06-19-2007, 09:55 PM
Ah see with Firefox ad blocker I don't see those ads hehehe.
But it is def falling apart over there.

Texas Jim
06-19-2007, 11:54 PM
Hey give them a break!!

When you look like Shrek, (get paid by Boeing, :banana: 75,000 bananas a month) to drive a forklift!!

What do you expect? :lol:

Them server guys don't want no freekin' :banana: banana's...

You must pay in cash!!! :flipoff: :bangdesk: :rofl: :lol: TJ

Seanz0rz
06-20-2007, 12:57 AM
i dont even bother with them anymore, this is my new home.

oh and guys, if you are ever that strapped for cash that you think about putting ads in the posts, i will pay for the server for a year just to keep that crap out.

MTL_4runner
06-20-2007, 03:51 AM
oh and guys, if you are ever that strapped for cash that you think about putting ads in the posts, i will pay for the server for a year just to keep that crap out.

Somehow I don't think that will be an issue. :D

Euphorickaty80
06-20-2007, 04:15 AM
You have got to be kidding me......thats just stupid.

Osiris
06-20-2007, 06:36 AM
And to add to it. The posts are really juvenile, idiotic pipedreams with no technical understanding made to look like modifications. All the posts are subject to hijackings. I had to post on one because it was sooooo ridiculous that I had to stop what I could to educate someone, but when there is no technical comprehension and a cloudy wishfull thinking driving you on, you don't listen to reason.

Case in point: one kid wants to twin-turbo a 3VZ and sent all his internals to be forged!! sent his internals to be forged... too classic. the crank is forged!

I have weened myself off of there.
Osiris

MTL_4runner
06-20-2007, 08:33 AM
Case in point: one kid wants to twin-turbo a 3VZ and sent all his internals to be forged!! sent his internals to be forged... too classic. the crank is forged!

Maybe he meant he sent them to be melted back down. :rofl:

gilby4runner
06-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Ok my first question is which are you flaming? I gather some are flaming the ads at the bottom but some are gripping about the threads there. that thread was posted in the off topic section.... i am the one who posted it. I know others there fish for reds and i wanted some info...Maybe i am getting a little pissy due to the fact that it was my thread and post that was in the web pick..i still visit both and i agree that some of the tech over there is going in the wrong direction but... hell its just a bad day, ill get off the soap box

MTL_4runner
06-20-2007, 11:47 AM
I think most simply found it ironic that an all Toyota truck site was featuring domstic vehicle ads (I'm sure you'll agree). Although I could be wrong, I seriously doubt anyone had an issue with you posting a thread on fishing in the off topic section.

Osiris
06-20-2007, 12:06 PM
My point was technical oriented and did not pertain to your specific thread. It sounded like your post was very technical and well thought out. I don't know because I don't fish, but anyway.

Don't get your panties in bunch, there's no flame job :gay2: on you Gilby. not that there's anything wrong with that.

:thumbup: siris

ChickenLover
06-20-2007, 12:55 PM
That place used to be a lot of fun. It's a shame to watch it spiral downward. The staff has become so abrasive, they are hardly bearable. I've also been really surprised at the amount of misinformation being posted lately.

jrallan26
06-21-2007, 06:07 AM
I quit reading over there a lot time ago. I was totally disgusted how many of my friends were getting treated.

I like it over here, there is a lack of B.S. its kinda refreshing....

bigwapitijohnny
06-21-2007, 07:13 AM
Pure knowledge with truly helpful people to help us all out. That is what it is all about. I can see the vision of the staff here, and their commitment to see things through. The difference between this forum and TOF can be seen, it is obvious. If you look closely, the knowledge behind the 'meaty' posts there is here now... :thumbup:

CJM
06-21-2007, 10:57 AM
I still hang there, cant see the ad's tho. Some info is good, some is bad.

Peter
06-23-2007, 01:13 PM
I hate to say it but I really don't want to spend quite as much time there. I still find it a good tech resource but as I mentioned in another thread, the overall maturity is really taking it down the tubes. There are still good people there, don't get me wrong but it just doesn't *feel* like it used to, the crowd is just... dumb, for lack of a better word.