PDA

View Full Version : Lawyer's?

Texas Jim
06-19-2007, 08:57 PM
Lawyers, the completely un-but-nessary evil of life!!! This year I have been involved in a law suit. I have had to have three lawyers, the first who charged me $500. and did nothing almost losing the suit for me because she didn't respond soon enough. She decided to drop me as a client because she was afraid there might be a conflict of intrest.

The second attorney I gave $2600 to. Plus between her and her first friend they cost me a trip to Las Vegas, Flight was booked and room reserved, no refund!! Find out she doesn't have a brain!!All she cared about was making sure she had enough cash in her escrow account. I fired her, and had to hire a third lawyer, who charged me $4000. He though we could do the case somewhere around that +- $500.

June 7th, the case comes to trial, my Lawyer cleans the table with the plaintiff. I the defendant; and fairly happy about the results with what I see of the trial. The plaintiff comes off as a lier, and his attorney looks like a fool.

The results of the judges ruling wouldn't be available for a week to ten days.

Thursday, I get a bill from my attorney that looks like he charged me a total of $7032, but after he took the money out of trust that I had previously given him, it said I had a zero balance. I was wrong about that!

Last Saturday, I got the Judges' decision. it awarded the plaintiff $7000 of the $24,000 they were seeking, plus an area that I can not compete in bonding. (They were asking for an area that was origionally 99 miles from where I live, for two years from March 23,2006.) And a hand full of counties of Adair, Madison, Union, Clark, Polk, and Dallas. for a one year period, from May 11th 2007-2008.

Now with all of the information I now have; I should of just stayed out of the business until next March and then went to work for someone. I wouldn't have had to pay lawyers $9632 dollars, plus court cost and the jerk's attorney fees.

Plus the guy I am currently working for doesn't know if he is going to take me back, because he hired me to work the area that I am restricted from.

I don't really know what I am going to do? The new person tried to tell me that he didn't know that this was going on till I got served with paper's, which I know for a fact he did, he made me jump through every hoop he could, before I went to work for him.

The reason, I don't work for the first guy is because he is insecure and thought I was after his wife. Of course this guy was always on the make for anything in a skirt. I live my life by the golden rule!!! I didn't want his wife!!! What ever he did when he was away from home is his own business. It's not my place to tell.

Boy, did I get screwed and didn't even get a kiss!!! A guy tries to live his life decent and this is what you get!!! I have never broken anyone's heart, I had it done to me a time or two!

I have always respected my parents!! They must think some piece of work I've turned out to be...

I live a good chunk of my life, (ages 15-41) with a severe medical issue, not one that would kill you (now that seems like a good option,) but one that always made me miss a large part of the year getting treatments and healthy again!! Plus the fact that I can no longer get medical insurance. So it just keeps comming...Good karma or bad, just doesn't seem right.

What the He!! is a person to do??? I know that every day things could get worse, but in all honestly, I feel that I can no longer put up with all of the negative things I have been dealt... The load is getting heavy!! I am getting tired, and don't know when I will be able to pick it up? TJ

habanero
06-20-2007, 05:23 AM
No matter what comes your way you pretty much have two choices, only one of which is acceptable. Why is it that crap comes in herds? There is still lots of positive things in your life, to remind yourself of this take some extra time to enjoy that and those which you care about and eventually the herd should thin back to more normal populations.

We get what we get, some manufactured by our actions, some unasked for. Dealing with the bad parts and knowing to enjoy the good. How we go about this determines the level of quality we gift to our lives.

Both my grandpas died of cancer.
One died after suffering hideous pain, alone and angry and blaming, unwilling to accept the caring of his family.
The other also died after suffering hideous pain, but with constant companionship and love surrounding him, always seeing the brightest sides he could find. This one leaned on his family and friends and we gave him everything we had.

It's all in how you go about things despite it all, isn't it? I've been so lucky in life and health that this little blurb is all that I can offer, without real understanding of down and out. Here's to further dealings finding you in the same boat. :)

Euphorickaty80
06-20-2007, 05:30 AM
So sorry to hear that you are having a hard time Jim. You are a great person and things always get better in time. Karma...you have to belive in Karma... those that have done you wrong will get thiers in due time. Just keep your head up and know that your friends and loved ones are there for you.

Texas Jim
06-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Thank you both for your kind words and a little bit of a pat on the old back!!

Hab your right if not for my immediate family I would be up the creek and no paddle.

Katie your also correct!! Those that have nothing better to do than mess with someones Karma end up on the wrong side of the of ash ram of Karma, someday!!!

Thanks!!(To both of you and God Bless!!) TJ

gilby4runner
06-20-2007, 12:57 PM
Tj,
Sorry to hear of the rough patch in life... we all seem to find them from time to time and i am sorry to see you have hit one. As i have read you posts here and other places i have no doubt you will persevere. I will keep you in my prayers!

jrallan26
06-20-2007, 06:47 PM
PM sent. Hope I can help.