PDA

View Full Version : If i wanted to run 35's............

xonetruthcrewx
06-20-2007, 06:43 PM
What else would i need to do. My current setup is a Sonoran System 7.1 lift with a 4Crawler 1" BL. 33's on it right now. Clearance is good, only time i get any rubbing is when the driver side rear wheel is fully stuffed. Very minor rubbing. Currently i have REVO's 285/75/16 which Bridgestone says are an even 33". If i was to switch it up, i would most likely go with the Cooper Discovery STT's in a 315/75/16 which come in at 34.5" according to Cooper. So it would be a 1.5" increase. Im sure i could probably just do it with maybe some trimming, but would you guys recommend something else? :headscratch:

Casey Likes Metal
06-20-2007, 06:47 PM
the real problem comes with the added width, not so much the height. My 35's rub pretty bad up front on the firewall. All I really need to do is just flatten the pinch weld a bit more and I'll be good to go.

Cheese
06-20-2007, 07:23 PM
If I had a 3rd Gen, I would read www.sonoransteel.com every day.

If I wanted to do something like Schaefer did, I would check there and follow suit.

This is something he did, you own a 3rd Gen, now read up.

If you want the tires, get them, mount them and get rid of what is in the way.

Stick with pretty standard rules on the wheel and tire combo you will have to do pretty much what everyone else does.

xonetruthcrewx
06-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Dude, your right. Sad thing is, i have read that a couple times before. Ha! Alright, end of this topic.

firebane
06-20-2007, 07:51 PM
seems to be a lot of work to go to a tire that big without a big lift!

d0ubledown
06-20-2007, 08:25 PM
X2 on what cheese said. however, if you want a tire that wont be much of a hassle to fit, try some interco radial SSR 35X10.5X16's (or truxus..not sure if they come in the same size). if i had known about this size...i would have gotten those instead of a set of 315/75/16 MT/R. but FWIW...

-im running coilovers up front @ ~2.75" and OME890's out back. also a 4crawler 1.5" BL

-1.5" spacers up front to clear control arms with my LC wheels. i probably could have gotten away with 1"...but more clearance is always good. if you dont want to run spacers, you'll either need shaved/aftermarket arms, or wheels with a BS of about 3.5-4.25. the spacers put my wheels at a BS of 3.0. now i've got kind of an LT wider front track look. spacers werent the first choice...but lack of duckets means no UCA's.

-had to grind the crap out of the firewall pinchweld area. ALOT. if youve got the LTD or Sport flares...you'll also have to grind out the front of those as well.

-PS & AT coolers. why? because bigger meats mean more strain on the parts that make them move.

-regear. went from 4.30 to 4.88's. it was OK with the 4.30's...but really way too tall of a gear for wheeling and IMO comfortable streetability. the 4.88's brought it back to stock feel.

good luck!

xonetruthcrewx
06-20-2007, 08:37 PM
i have 4.88's already. good there. i have the sport package. looks like im trimming. damn. black steelies with 4" BS. should be good there. definitely need the PS & AT coolers. damn. maybe i should learn to be happy with my near new 285 REVO's. I would be looking at 1500ish for 5 tires and the coolers. maybe i should let the REVO's wear out first. we'll see.

calrockx
06-20-2007, 10:45 PM
What I did directly or indirectly for 35s:

- Got some 8" wide wheels
- Put on a PS cooler
- Put on a Tranny cooler
- Got a new rear bumper
- Trimmed a whole fuggin lot with an angle grinder and a BFH on the front wheel wells. The fronts could still stand a bit more, but that last bit will be the most work to trim, and the rears could use a little treatment as well.