PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlink Posting in Threads is Difficult

GSGALLANT
06-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Is there any way that posting a hyperlink in a thread be made easier? That's one thing I like about YT that I wish would be in UY. In YT, you would just type in the "caption" word that you wanted to be visible for the link, highlight it, then click the hyperlink button. A window would pop up to allow you to paste the link, click OK, and you're done. If I try that here, it puts the [url] brackets around my "caption" word, but then I have to remember how to paste the link in there (I usually forget to add the equal sign). I always manage to do it by going to look at one of my previous posts, but I don't find it very convenient. If it's easier than I think and I'm just doing something wrong, I apologize, but would appreciate some coaching on the easier way to do it.

Thanks.

Bob98SR5
06-22-2007, 03:27 PM
yeah, agree with what you are saying. i'll see if there is an easier way, but the syntax is this:

[ url=http://www.yourlinkhere.com]TEXT LINK[/ url]

Note that i left a space between the [ & the u in [ url] (also between the / and the u in [ /url])

[i fixed it for you bob - bamachem]

slosurfer
06-22-2007, 04:55 PM
I always manage to do it by going to look at one of my previous posts, but I don't find it very convenient. If it's easier than I think and I'm just doing something wrong, I apologize, but would appreciate some coaching on the easier way to do it.

Thanks.

Just make this thread your homepage and you will be reminded everytime. :flipoff:

ChickenLover
06-22-2007, 05:09 PM
If I try that here, it puts the [url] brackets around my "caption" word, but then I have to remember how to paste the link in there (I usually forget to add the equal sign).

I've been having some confusion with this too.

MTL_4runner
06-22-2007, 05:47 PM
I agree that the hyperlinks are not as easy as they are on VB, but after a while you get used to it.