PDA

View Full Version : more flow for not alot of dough

yotalifer
06-22-2007, 09:51 PM
I just built me a new 22re and got it in last weekend... Fresh block 20over new crank... A call to engnblr got me a new pro topline head, one of his tight lash torker cams, and a complete rebuild kit. Engine runs great and very smooth and quiet but it lacks added hp i was expecting. I wanted to get my exhaust done at the same time since its all as old as the truck. I know the old cat and muffler are hurting my flow.

At this point i cant afford the LCE header or Downey header id like to have. Do any of you guys run the pacesetter header? they are affordable but im not sure about the quality.

any info would be greatly appreciated

Tankota
06-29-2007, 10:43 AM
I recently rebuilt my '81 22R and use an engnbldr 261C torker cam. I didnt notice a huge increase in power untill I drove next to friends trucks with stock motors. Then i found that i have a good bit more power on tap especially in the low to mid revs.

I have been running a Doug Thorley long tube try-Y header and 2.25" exhaust as well as a higher flow air cleaner. I thikn the combo of intake, cam, fresh motor and exhaust work best together rather than one or two with out the others. I would say save up to buy a quality header and build yourself a good exhaust first. Then later work on a better intake system.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b7cf06b3127ccec2e3c0a3ed2f00000010O00AatGTRw2YuW IPbz4A/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
I couldnt help it. :clap:

wifesaysimadumbass
06-29-2007, 02:31 PM
dude zach that motor of yours sounded sick and you were sure outpulling me i had mine floored and you were barely touching it... i was way jealous

Tankota
07-02-2007, 09:51 PM
Another buddy of mine has an '86 pickup that he just installed a rebuilt longblock in. Even with his new motor I pull away pretty strong.

Yea Mikey, just wait 'till you get that LCE stroker, then we'll see whoes doing the pulling. I'll have to junk the 22r and do what I really wanted to do. Mercedes-Benz 5 cylinder turbo diesel. Now thats a small package with some big size torque.

wifesaysimadumbass
07-03-2007, 07:45 AM
oh dude i cant wait to see that build!!!!

yotalifer
07-03-2007, 08:02 PM
nice lookin engine dude! I think your right..i wouldnt be satisfied if i bought a cheap one.
Im workin on the exhaust, electric fan, and intake....wont be long now.

Tankota
07-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Yea, its better to only buy it once. What kind of fan are you going to run. Thats one thing I still need to, but for now i have flex-fan and it seems to work pretty well. I know some guys use a ford taurs e-fan on their yotas.

Maybe MarkP will jump in on this one, I think he runs a ford fan.

Tankota
07-05-2007, 09:24 PM
I just saw that you already started a thread on the fan subject. Ill have to follow along. :-D

wifesaysimadumbass
07-05-2007, 09:26 PM
i need a cheap electric fan if you guys know which one works i guess i'll have to have marc find me a taurus fan

yotalifer
07-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Im gonna put 3-speed taurus fans on my pickup and 4runner...hopefully I will be able to find at least one this weekend!

waskillywabbit
07-09-2007, 06:21 PM
22RE completely rebuilt w/ LCE header and high flow cat...pushes 40s no problem

3 speed taurus fan with a dccontrols FK-35 fan controller works great...write-up by bamachem on here

:guitar:

yotalifer
08-02-2007, 07:14 AM
they thank yall for all the replys...Ive been busy with work and stuff...ended up with a new silver ceramic pacesetter header. i know its how what i wanted but i got it at a great price and it is built better than i thought it would be. I ordered a 2.25 inch cat and a summit 2.25in turbo muffler. I will have all new exhaust by this time saturday.

gonna take some pics to.

have a good one guys,
pb