PDA

View Full Version : Update from White Mountain

YotaGirl
06-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Well, we ran White Mountain yesterday. It was a great trip. There were about 15 vehicles, mostly all Jeeps. I was one of only two Toyotas. There was also a Suzuki Sidekick. Anyway, the whole trail was pretty easy. We had no trouble until the last hill to get to the top of White Mountain. I guess the Inland Empire club ran 4 groups through there last weekend and the trail was pretty tore up. The rocks were loose and there were some huge ruts. Needless to say to truck had some trouble getting up it. Somehow, the fan blades broke off of the electric fan which caused the engine to over heat. After some cooling off we got winched down the trail and then towed up the bypass. While going through the bypass we clipped a tree branch trying to avoid a large rock. So now we have a nice dent in the front left fender-our first trail carnage! Yeah! :hillbill:

Here are some pictures:

http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z288/jnjhargrove/Victor%20Valley%204Wheelers%20White%20Mountain%206-24-07/

Good Times
06-25-2007, 01:28 PM
glad you guys had a blast! looks like that carnage will buff out nicely :)

Marc P
06-25-2007, 07:56 PM
looks like I remember it. I overheated my tranny the first time I went up it. What happened to Gold Mtn?? I think Gold is way mare fun than White.

YotaGirl
06-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Marc P: When we got to the driver meeting, the leaders said we were running White. I had never run either trail, so I didn't really care which we did. I just wanted to get out and try my new sliders (which by the way we never had to use).

Like a good Toyota, even with a broken fan and a burnt up clutch (forgot to mention that in the first post) we were able to drive outta there. One of the other Jeeps kicked a rock up into his fan which caused one of the blades to bend. It put a nice little gash in the radiator. They had to be towed the whole way home. :P Yea Toyota!!

wifesaysimadumbass
06-25-2007, 10:07 PM
that dent is sexy!!!! now when you pull into the mall with your trail beat rig the soccer moms will quiver in fear of your awesome trail rig!!! glad to hear you had a good time!!

YotaGirl
06-25-2007, 10:22 PM
that dent is sexy!!!! now when you pull into the mall with your trail beat rig the soccer moms will quiver in fear of your awesome trail rig!!! glad to hear you had a good time!!

LOL, when I showed up at the driver meeting, the other 4Runner owner told me he didn't think I was gonna come. When I asked him why, he said my truck was too pretty. I told him that I wheel my truck. I guess now I have some proof!