PDA

View Full Version : What grease do you guys use for the driveshaft and slip yokes?

mkgarrison5
06-26-2007, 07:30 AM
hey guys just curious on what you grease you guys use on the tacomas and 4-runners' drive shaft and slip yokes?.. i used this stuff last time (10k miles ago) and it seemed to have broken down pretty quickly. i dont know what it is, it was in my dad's grease gun and he didnt know lol.. it was red.. i am going to buy a different gun but not sure on what grease to buy for it

thanks guys

MTL_4runner
06-26-2007, 07:54 AM
I use the Castrol Syntec Synthetic Multi Purpose (MP) grease you get at Walmart.
Seems to work just fine for me but I try and regrease every other oil change.

http://www.castrol.com/liveassets/bp_internet/castrol/castrol_usa/STAGING/local_assets/downloads/b/b7.pdf

Any synthetic grease that meets the NLGI GC-LB standard should be fine for that use (Amsoil and Mobil 1 also have similar products).

mkgarrison5
06-26-2007, 09:33 AM
sounds good to me. i normally get the usual valvoline or whatever mutipurpose greese for them but this stuff i am using now is the mystery grease lol. probably not good, it is breaking down fairly fast (10k miles)

MTL_4runner
06-26-2007, 10:22 AM
Yeah, it's probably not a good idea to just use any old mystery lubricant. :laugh:

SLC Punk
06-29-2007, 09:07 AM
I am using Mobil 1 syn grease, its red if I recall...

mkgarrison5
06-29-2007, 09:28 AM
i know for a fact this isnt mobile 1 syn lol. my dad is too cheap. what does the mobile 1 syn grease say in the label so i know to pick up the right one??