PDA

View Full Version : CA Boating Laws

YotaGirl
06-29-2007, 11:36 AM
Does anyone know if you can pull an inflatable tube behind a boat in CA? I was told by a friend that it was illegal, but I can't find anything in the CA boating law about it. What have you heard?

Jenn

ScubaDuck
06-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Based on this:

http://www.dbw.ca.gov/Pubs/Watski/TowingSports.pdf

published by the California Dept. of Boating and Waterways, it appears that pulling a tube behind a boat is not prohibited on a statewide basis. Their website has good summaries of the statewide laws.

I have heard that specific lakes (Lake Oroville in Northern CA) had banned pulling anything that couldn't effectively steer itself. If you are planning a trip, you might want to call the local marina to ask.

Hope this helps-

-Scubaduck

BruceTS
06-29-2007, 03:36 PM
I tow a tube all the time, never had any issues

YotaGirl
06-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I just bought one of those big tubes from Costco and I didn't really want to keep it if I couldn't use it in Cali.

randver
06-29-2007, 06:07 PM
i was on a tube behind a boat last month

wifesaysimadumbass
07-03-2007, 10:01 AM
the state would love it if we all stayed in our houses ate proccessed cancer ridden foods and watched american idol till we died!!!!!!! thats why they enact laws that are for our own "safety" in reality it's just to cover their butts from lawsuits...... if you wanna ride a tube i think you should!!!!!! screw the laws were all gonna become criminals soon anyways for having any kind of fun.... can you tell i've had too much coffee this morning?

MTL_4runner
07-03-2007, 10:07 AM
Prohibiting tubes being towed would be about the equivalent of banning sparklers at the 4th of July.
Some of these lawmakers need to get back in the common sense line for another helping. :screwy:

YotaGirl
07-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Prohibiting tubes being towed would be about the equivalent of banning sparklers at the 4th of July.
Some of these lawmakers need to get back in the common sense line for another helping. :screwy:

Ha Ha they did ban sparklers! At least the good metal ones. Now they only have the cheap, crappy wood ones.

I didn't think they'd be able to ban tubes...what would be next, wakeboards and skis?

MTL_4runner
07-06-2007, 11:15 AM
I didn't think they'd be able to ban tubes...what would be next, wakeboards and skis?

Nah, they'd probably just ban boats and be done with it altogether. :spit:

Peter
07-11-2007, 05:05 PM
I don't blame politicians... I blame the idiots and their lawyers that sue big companies for their own mistakes.
Infamous McDonald's coffee incident, to name one.

EDIT:
On second thought, elitist politicians are to blame as well.
Aren't most of them lawyers, too?

BruceTS
07-12-2007, 09:43 AM
they already ban 2-stroke engines on some waterways.....