PDA

View Full Version : Satoshi Grill

firebane
06-30-2007, 03:45 PM
So finding a grill around my parts in good enough shape to attemp this usually ends up in finding one with broken clips.

Now I have one I can pick up but the bottom left clip (facing the front) is broken. If I was to cut this clip off and only use 5 or 6 of the 7 will it cause me any grief?

I know there is 4 across the top 1 main on the bottom and two smaller ones of the left and right and I can't see how missing 1 or 2 will cause any problems but I'd thought I'd ask the expurts :P

Lee
06-30-2007, 04:57 PM
as long as it doesnt rattle it'll be fine

i cant imagine it will rattle or be of any problem with 1 broken clip

Bob98SR5
06-30-2007, 05:03 PM
fire,

i have one for sale for $75 shipped conus. brand new. as in the insurance company paid for it, my body shop put it on and then i took it off and replaced it with my satoshi grill that survived the accident

bob

firebane
06-30-2007, 05:12 PM
fire,

i have one for sale for $75 shipped conus. brand new. as in the insurance company paid for it, my body shop put it on and then i took it off and replaced it with my satoshi grill that survived the accident

bob

heh thanks, but unfortunately i'm in the great white north :D I'll just get it and see what happens! I may remove the two lower ones just for kicks to see what happens :P

bigwapitijohnny
06-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Fire,

The OEM grilles are made to seat and engage each of the clips. I would imagine having 6 out of the 7 seating/engaging all the way, you should be good to go. I just bought a grill that was a taiwanese knock off...I will not do this EVER again :shake:. The clip assemblies were round while the factory ones are not. After some tinkering (Dremel + file), the knock off will not seat all the way, in the clips, thus rattling...I have learned my lesson. Just grateful that this was only a $50 lesson...Hope this helps.

Regards,

BWJ

Joshs98runner
07-07-2007, 10:29 PM
I am missing a clip in my grill and haven't heard/noticed any rattles or problems.

MTL_4runner
07-08-2007, 07:08 AM
I've got one missing too, no rattles here either.

firebane
07-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Well the one I have it wasn't entirely broken off so I just grabbed some good ole crazy glue and glued it back!

Now its time to get some mesh and the logo and start hacking

d0ubledown
07-08-2007, 09:46 PM
should be all good with one clip up top n on the bottom...and the rest zap straps. at least thats how mine is bein held up...its a bit rough, but it matches the rest of the truck