PDA

View Full Version : Just say NO to vendor bashing...

Cebby
07-06-2007, 06:47 PM
FYI - if you have a documented bad experience with a vendor and you've done what you can to resolve it, feel free to post up and use the power of the web.

However - if you have unsubstantiated allegations, or worse, an opinion that does nothing but flame the vendor you can keep your comments to yourself. The adage about "opinions being like a-holes, everyone's got one" couldn't be more true.

Keep in mind that without specialty vendors engineering custom parts that let us go further than factory, this sport doesn't exist. There are many ingrates out there who have forgotten that simple fact.

We won't tolerate negative posts like what is demonstrated in this thread (http://www.yotatech.com/f31/sonoran-steel-ifs-truss-119736/).

expatoz
07-06-2007, 08:15 PM
"Expat, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

??????

Cebby
07-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Seems they finally got around to moderating the thread and "sterilized it" (that's toughguy talk for doing their job and tooting their horn I guess).

Anywho, I printed a PDF prior to the moderating (which took several days as far as I can tell). Hold tight - I need to shrink the size so I can attach them.

Cebby
07-06-2007, 08:21 PM
"Expat, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

??????

Fixed the link, but the thread is nothing to speak of now and actually makes little sense since too much was removed.

Cebby
07-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Here's the transcripts:

reggie 00
07-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Nice.

Must be nice sleeping next to a Mod. Gets you "special privileges" huh.

And there are people over there that are still wondering why..... Why are people leaving.....???

Bighead
07-07-2007, 04:14 AM
I didn't know what to say anymore...that whole thing just pissed me off.

MTL_4runner
07-07-2007, 04:17 AM
Completely outrageous lack of respect.

sschaefer3
07-07-2007, 06:43 AM
It's just the way these message boards are. I had to pull out of this sites sponsor area because I was getting harassed off the board. Now that I have, it has stopped.

The stories I could tell you.........

Cebby
07-07-2007, 06:47 AM
I don't understand why people can't just leave people the hell alone and let them go about their business.

bamachem
07-07-2007, 07:24 AM
envy? greed? psychotic issues?

who knows why they do it, but the a**holes are everywhere and every vendor has to deal with it at some time or another.

too bad people can't just keep their negative bashing to themselves.

waskillywabbit
07-07-2007, 07:37 AM
That thread was pretty tame compared to what I've seen on other forums about other vendors.

It is good to know that such occurances will not be encouraged or tolerated here. :D

:guitar:

Cebby
07-07-2007, 07:53 AM
And true to form, Corky has now put me back on the "miserable users hack" for one well worded post (my first post in months). This hack basically makes the site not come up and/or when it does it's so slow that it's unusable.

Hmmmm.... Abuse of power maybe?

blknblu
07-07-2007, 07:59 AM
Maybe not Mike. I can't get on over there either right now, and I shouldn't be on the radar at all. Unless everyone with membership here is now suspect over there...

Cebby
07-07-2007, 08:03 AM
Ah thanks! I've been down this road before and figured it was the same over-reaction as I've gotten in the past. I appreciate you checking!!

MTL_4runner
07-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Maybe not Mike. I can't get on over there either right now, and I shouldn't be on the radar at all. Unless everyone with membership here is now suspect over there...

Nope, it's definately down right now.

Cebby
07-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Wonder if he's making good on his threat to "turn out the lights"... :laugh:

bigwapitijohnny
07-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Being a small business owner, I understand the plight of it. Let me just say that I look for the one on one attention as well as the personalized customer service that the big boys will not/cannot provide. I have talked to Steve numerous times regarding suspension lifts, and he has ALWAYS made time to field my 'newbie' questions. That being said, I will purchase my lift from him, knowing full well that the customer support will be there and then some...Keep on plugging away guys, it does make a difference to those who know better :thumbup:.

Regards,

BWJ

Cheese
07-07-2007, 02:21 PM
I cannot believe that was tolerated.

I cannot believe the ignorance.

I am sad I didn't get jab about literacy in.

It is down for me too.

Schaefer, I will ring later, on the bottle now.

AxleIke
07-07-2007, 03:33 PM
I am very glad this post was created.

I am glad that the mods have stepped in and instituted a no tolerance policy.

Now that the majority of the douchebags like me have migrated here from YT, it is good to set down the rules early. That way bannation can occur instantly without warning.

I also would like to see an amendment added to this rule that makes bitching about the price of a vendors product a bannable offense.

neliconcept
07-07-2007, 08:05 PM
I also am glad this will not be tolerated, I may have said some things to vendors in the past (im not sure if I have) but if I did id like to apologize now.

Keep up the excellent work Schaefer and all the other vendors. Its people like you that makes me want to get my truck up and running to have it on the trails :D

waskillywabbit
07-08-2007, 07:08 AM
Try it now Cebby. :D

Cebby
07-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Try it now Cebby. :D

I saw it. Good for the members that "the lights are still on"...

Cheese
07-08-2007, 04:02 PM
I think it is back up.

In fact, I know it is.

Cebby
07-09-2007, 01:30 AM
Rule #18

Vendor Bashing is allowed as long as you later congratulate the vendor on getting press in a magazine. (http://www.yotatech.com/f5/congratulations-sonoran-steel-119791/)

Guess someone was feeling guilty since we know this magazine issue has been out for a while now. Way to mend the fence.

Mossyrocks
12-15-2007, 10:17 PM
who are we kidding, we all know steve makes crap...

nah just kidding man.

Ric
12-16-2007, 03:22 PM
FYI - if you have a documented bad experience with a vendor and you've done what you can to resolve it, feel free to post up and use the power of the web i agree, if you aint got nothing nice to say, dont say anything... its funny though, I showed a product, that was built for the moderate wheeler, and I got bashed, whats really funny is, now that that product is a give away, everyone wants it :shake: even the people that was bashing it/me.
Maybe Im just getting old oh hell, I know Im getting old, lol

BruceTS
12-16-2007, 04:02 PM
Now is it OK to bash a vendor if they make unsubstantiated claims about their products, or flat lie about its performance in relation to another companys product? (Not Talking about SS products)

I feel if a product does not live up to the hype that the company claims, we should be able to talk about it.

ecchamberlin
12-16-2007, 07:10 PM
FYI - if you have a documented bad experience with a vendor and you've done what you can to resolve it, feel free to post up and use the power of the web i agree, if you aint got nothing nice to say, dont say anything... its funny though, I showed a product, that was built for the moderate wheeler, and I got bashed, whats really funny is, now that that product is a give away, everyone wants it :shake: even the people that was bashing it/me.
Maybe Im just getting old oh hell, I know Im getting old, lol

Ric
You know I was thinking the very same thing! I saw that give a way and said to myself "hey! Isn't that.....?" Funny how things change....

Ric
12-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Ric
You know I was thinking the very same thing! I saw that give a way and said to myself "hey! Isn't that.....?" Funny how things change.... thankx, Im just glad Im not alone, lol at least the winners will be able to see for themselves... oh well gotta love the "net"