PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Squeaks!!! Please Help!!!

4runnersurf
07-07-2007, 08:37 AM
Over the past couple of weeks, something on my front suspension has developed a very annoying squeak. I'm assuming it's on the front suspension, not 100% sure though. I just can't take it anymore. So, before I take it to my Dad's dealership, do you have any suggestions as to what to look for?

The front end squeaks whenever it hits a bump, pothole, or uneven surface. It also squeaks when I get in and out of my truck. That is the most annoying. I can turn my radio up louder when driving, but when entering and exiting my truck, it is all I hear, and I'm sure others hear it too. I have a 98 sr5, and no mods to the suspension to my knowledge, I'm the 2nd owner.

Any suggestions...

4runnersurf
07-08-2007, 09:28 AM
Nobody has any suggestions before I take it to a master Tech tomorrow?

MTL_4runner
07-08-2007, 09:42 AM
A squeak the comes every time you go over a bump count be countless things. I'd look at the sway bar bushings first. If you really want to do it yourself I'd remove the strut assembly and move the spindle and A-arms up and down by hand to see if you hear anything. Most common things are swaybar bushings, steering rack bushings and strut components (bushings, top plate, etc).

Lee
07-08-2007, 11:15 AM
like jamie said, its likely the sway bar bushings.

4runnersurf
07-09-2007, 05:43 AM
Thanks, I'll check them today.