PDA

View Full Version : Connectivity Issues

Cheese
07-10-2007, 11:06 AM
How come the site is slow or down when I am at home and try to log in, but fast and easy to use when I am at work?

It just seems odd to me like the board is singling me out or something.

Any ideas?

Is there a way to make it hard only for certain users?

garrett
07-10-2007, 11:13 AM
this board or the other one?

"TOF" is slow for me on my computer but works on others. The headmaster made it where my IP can't access it.

Cebby
07-10-2007, 11:16 AM
The site hasn't been down much if at all (I think they rebooted the server last night around 3am EST though).

The path to the server is different when you are at two different locations. There might be a bum or faulty switch somewhere between the server and your home connection.

I'm not aware of a way to slow it down for certain users - vBulletin has a hack that allows you to do this, but I don't think SMF does.

Cebby
07-10-2007, 11:17 AM
The headmaster...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cheese
07-10-2007, 11:21 AM
The Headmaster, that must be it!

Robinhood4x4
07-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Over the past week or two it's been slow for me and a couple times it came up with an error.

Some times it'll say the server was reset, but this wasn't in the middle of the night. It's happened in the evening after I get back from work.

Lee
07-11-2007, 08:01 AM
actually UY used to be SO slow for me, but in the last month or so it has been quite speedy both at work and home :thumbup:

MTL_4runner
07-11-2007, 08:43 AM
actually UY used to be SO slow for me, but in the last month or so it has been quite speedy both at work and home :thumbup:

I've seen pretty much the same thing....in the beginning UY just chugged along, but now it's fairly quick by comparison.