PDA

View Full Version : leather dyes, recoloring interior (im thinking black)

neliconcept
07-15-2007, 08:28 AM
I thought about it over the weekend and asked my dad about doing a recolor to my interior,now he has redone leather on our show car and his mercedes so he knows a little bit about interior. I never asked him about going black

http://www.leatherworldtech.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=LVRCK&Choice1=8501&choice2=Black

what im thinking of doing, my grey leather shows every little nasty stain and i just dont like the color of it, I plan to do the dash (grey parts) black as well but leave everything else grey, my carbon fiber stuff on and the carpet will stay the same.

Anybody have thoughts on this idea?

calrockx
07-15-2007, 08:33 AM
or just clean up the dash, and get some wet okole seat covers.

Henrythewound
07-15-2007, 08:47 AM
Wow man, I have never seen anyone as "mod-happy" as you are w/ your truck! Is anything factory on it anymore? I'm all for functional mods but jeebus!

neliconcept
07-15-2007, 02:14 PM
id like some wet okles, but 450 or so for front and rear covers compared to 50 is kinda outweighing that decision.

id like to try this first then i can get the okles later.

neliconcept
07-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Talked with my dad a little further.

Reason I ask him, hes even stitched leather before on our Bentley so i trust his word over some others.

Redying grey would be my best choice, dying a diff color however is not really a good idea. He told me hed help out with getting new Okle seat covers so I think im gonna end up doing that. They look good and its neoprene so whateva.

I am going to dye the leather door inserts and the vinyl as well to get that "sport" look im looking for.

Sorry about this worthless thread everybody lol.

Maybe its some tech for ppl thinkin about doing the same thing.

~Blake