PDA

View Full Version : 5# and 10# Propane tanks?

slosurfer
07-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Does anyone know of a good place to get these small size propane tanks? My BBQ one I have now is just too big to take camping, one of these smaller ones would be perfect to mount to my trailer.

reggie 00
07-21-2007, 09:12 PM
I've seen em at home depot. Only thing is they cost as much as the full sized ones. :headscratch:

But i am going to grab one or two for camping. Let me know if you find them any where cheaper.

slosurfer
07-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Cool, I'll check the depot. From what I have seen online, they are pricey. Probably just supply and demand, not as big a market for small ones. I should have got some last summer when I was at Fleet Farm in MN, they had all different sizes and shapes.

reggie 00
07-21-2007, 09:24 PM
The HD by my house i believe they have 2 or three different types in the smaller sizes. I'll try to remember tomorrow and stop by to take a look.

ecchamberlin
07-22-2007, 07:23 AM
Chris do you still have base access? THey sell them at the exchanges really cheap.

slosurfer
07-22-2007, 07:52 AM
No I don't have access anymore. That's a great idea though. I'm trying to think if I know anyone local who would, but the nearest base is Vandenburg AFB about an hour away. :(

What sucks, I have a 10 or 11# tank from my dad but it doesn't have the new nozzle so I can't get it filled. Last time I looked it cost more than the tank to get a new nozzle and have it installed. I am going to check the local rv shop and see what they say.