PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Cooperstown for the HOF Induction

PirateFins
07-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Anyone else besides Cal Ripken Jr., Tony Gwynn, 53 of the 61 living HOF members and yours truly going to be in Cooperstown, NY for the HOF induction ceremony on Sunday? I can't wait as this is going to be a blast, seeing Ripken one of my baseball hero's getting inducted. :clap:

EWAYota
07-27-2007, 06:35 PM
I'm very jealous of you for this fact:

When I was still playing, we had a series vs. the Oneota Tigers in Oneota, 10 minutes from Cooperstown. We were there during HOF weekend, which included us playing a game on Doubleday Field on our getaway day. We lost by 2 runs after a rain delay that should have ended the game but our coaches fought to resume 2.5 hours later. We were down by 1 before the rain, and never put a runner on base afterwards. Our punishment was that we would miss any activities including stopping at the HOF to tour and see the inductions.

The only highlight for me ( i pitched the game we lost) was bumping into Pete Rose at a baseball card shop and having peter gammons and harold reynolds at our game at Doubleday Field.

I do hope that you take many pictures and post them on here.

neliconcept
07-30-2007, 01:52 PM
i would hope that Ken Griffey Jr, gets inducted one day, hes freakin awesome in my book.

too far away from me, but i didn enter a 15 and under baseball league and it was the junior world championship and we lost at the semi finals unfortunalty. we played in cooperstown