PDA

View Full Version : Bamachem

Shoxg711
07-28-2007, 10:29 AM
:headscratch: I am new to the forum and I sent you like 2 different PM. Are you not getting them or am I just being ignored? Please let me know.

Robinhood4x4
07-28-2007, 10:34 AM
I know he's been extremely busy the last few weeks with personal stuff so maybe that's it.

Shoxg711
07-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Ok thanks, He seems to be so knowledgable about the 3rd Gen that I wanted to ask him his opinion on my lift ideas and where to look for the other things i needed.

Cebby
07-28-2007, 11:37 AM
Ok thanks, He seems to be so knowledgable about the 3rd Gen that I wanted to ask him his opinion on my lift ideas and where to look for the other things i needed.

Post a thread and feel the full power of the UltimateYota community helping you.

Ric
07-28-2007, 11:44 AM
Shoxg711,
have you looked at his website ??? http://4rnr.net/ lots of great info. even better that he is soo willing to share :thumbup:

MTL_4runner
07-28-2007, 03:09 PM
I know most of the time when I get similar advice seeking PM's I ask the person to start a thread about it (unless it's already been covered). That way everyone can partake and benefit from all the responses, not just that member.

So what was your lift question?

waskillywabbit
07-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Well in a nutshell his wife just had a baby, he is moving, sold his 3rd gen, bought a JEEP :roll: and he starts a new job soon...he's not busy at all. :flipoff:

:guitar:

bamachem
07-29-2007, 11:34 AM
Hey buddy.

I got an email from you on the 23rd, and a PM on the 25th letting me know that you had sent an email, but that's it.

Sorry, but I thought I had already responded to your email. I checked my sent items folder in my email account and didn't see anything - sorry.

For everyone else, here's the email:

Bama, I have been piecing together a lift for my 97 V6SR5 4x4 4Runner. I have picked up some LC Coils for the rear from Yotatech and a set of TRD Tundra coils and shocks from Tundra solutions. Ultimateyota has not had anyone selling these items lately (I have been checking). I know need a few more items like the panhard drop bracket, extended rear brake line, extended shock studs with 3/8 spacers, 1" diff drop. I was hoping you could help me out with figuring out my front shocks. I got a complete front shock and coil setup from a 04 Tundra with the Bilsteins. KILLER price so I just bought it all. Can I run these on my 4Runner? I have a Toyota Brush guard and Hella fog lights up front. here is some pics.

I appreciate any help. Plus if you know where I can get a deal on the remaining parts I still need I will take that info too.
Thanks, Gabriel.

yes, you "can" run them, but they will be stiff w/ the tundra coils.

you will need new top plates for the strut packs to that they will fit on your 4Runner.

honestly, i would suggest selling off the yellow bilsteins and buying some tokicos.

also, FYI, this is covered extensively in the multiple Tundra Lift thread on all the forums, including the one here: CLICKY (http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=49.0)

Shoxg711
07-29-2007, 04:02 PM
See, I knew you would say that it was covered and I am sure it was but because i dont know the part number to the Bilsteins I couldnt compare them. Thats why I sent the pics. I apreciate your response and the everyone elses eagerness to assist. I will breakdown the struts and coils and sell off the Bilsteins in order to buy the Tokico. Is there a part number for the Tokicos I need????
I work for Tracy Toyota in NorCal and my parts guy is knowledgeable but he has never heard of the TRD LC lift on the 3rd gens so he is not as much help as I would like.

Bighead
07-29-2007, 04:18 PM
Is there a part number for the Tokicos I need????
Did you even look at the link Andy attached in his last post? The Tokico P/N is in the very first post.

bamachem
07-30-2007, 05:05 AM
See, I knew you would say that it was covered and I am sure it was but because i dont know the part number to the Bilsteins I couldnt compare them. Thats why I sent the pics. I apreciate your response and the everyone elses eagerness to assist. I will breakdown the struts and coils and sell off the Bilsteins in order to buy the Tokico. Is there a part number for the Tokicos I need????
I work for Tracy Toyota in NorCal and my parts guy is knowledgeable but he has never heard of the TRD LC lift on the 3rd gens so he is not as much help as I would like.

You can just have him look up the stock replacements for a 2004 Double Cab TRD Tacoma - these are the Blue TRD Tokicos that everyone seems to like. Another one that you can use are the 2005 Tundra 4WD NON-TRD struts - these are made by Tokico and are black and work well also.