PDA

View Full Version : 98 4wd 4runner brakes

Henry
07-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Hey guys,
Brakes have been needing a change for a while and finally decided to get it done. Got my rotors and pads ordered and just need to get it to a shop to install (yea should do it myself but got no space, equipment, time, energy, or room for failure as it is my dd). Called a place I normally go to and the guy said he had to check if it involved any extra work as it is 4wd. Says its a couple bucks difference. Still cheaper either way, well relatively, compared to some other places I called, but just wanted to ask you guys if there is more involved in changing brakes on a 4wd 4runner as opposed to a 2wd so I'd know what to expect. Also, anything else I should get them to do while its in the air with the wheels off? 98 limited 4wd btw. Thanks.

MTL_4runner
07-31-2007, 05:45 AM
No, there is no difference if you're changing front brakes on a 2WD 4runner vs a 4WD 4runner. Overall it is a very easy thing to do as far as DIY maintenance goes (caliper bolts can be tough to budge, but that's about all the trouble you'd see if you tried it yourself).

Here's a good look at what's involved (both fronts an rears):
http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/4Runner/maintenance/brakes/

Henry
08-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Thanks MTL. Going to get it done this weekend and just wanted to make sure.