PDA

View Full Version : New kicks!

xonetruthcrewx
07-31-2007, 02:38 PM
Thats right, got a new pair of shoes. Came across a set of FJ Cruiser wheels with slightly worn Cooper STT's. These came off of Jasons (Demello Offroad) FJ. They had some pretty bad rash, but i took care of that by converting them to death status. Haha. Also threw on a set of 1.25" Spidertrax spacers front and rear. The stance is awesome.

Reason for switching things up. One, i wanted some mudders. Two, i want to run a larger tire and for a 16" rim, 35" is the next size up. Dont want to go there. Too much work to make them fit. Especially with the way i drive. With the 17" FJ wheels, Goodyear makes the MTR in a 34". Perfect. So as soon as these Coopers are worn out, probably the beginning of 08', I will order up the 34's.

At first i didnt know what to think. They almost had a bling factor to them compared to the rock crawlers i had on before these. That wasnt a good thing cause i hate the bling. They quickly grew on me though. I really like them now and with a little dust/dirt, the bling factor is non existent. I cant wait to get the 34's on. Let me know what you guys think. I think i am the first to rock the FJC wheels on a 3rd gen.

Wheels are gloss black by the way. The rig is just a little dusty.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/xonetruthcrewx/IMG_0006copy-2.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/xonetruthcrewx/IMG_0013copy.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/xonetruthcrewx/IMG_0016copy-2.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/xonetruthcrewx/IMG_0025copy.jpg

Heres a before for comparison (Steelies and REVO's)

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/xonetruthcrewx/IMG_0117copy.jpg

neliconcept
07-31-2007, 02:42 PM
i like those wheels better, its definitely different.

emptypockets
07-31-2007, 03:17 PM
Very unique! Your rig is the first I've seen with FJ wheels on it and I like how it looks. Any ideas on the wheel backspacing? Would've they worked without the spacers?

xonetruthcrewx
07-31-2007, 03:33 PM
Thanks guys. Yeah, i havent heard of anyone else rocking the FJ wheels. So i very well may be the first. Sweet! The stock backspacing on the FJ wheels is 4.5", same as stock 4Runner wheels. They definitely would have fit fine, i just wanted a wider stance. Looks much better IMO. When i do go to the 34's (305/70/17) They would rub the UCA without the spacers.

Cebby
07-31-2007, 03:48 PM
That's awesome! Ditch the steeleis forever - unsprung weight is better with the FJ wheels too...

xonetruthcrewx
07-31-2007, 03:53 PM
For sure. Definitely think that the FJ wheels are here to stay. Feelin' them more and more. Maybe even have them beadlocked someday. I agree with you on the unsprung weight, especially with the crappy stock brakes.

MTL_4runner
07-31-2007, 05:22 PM
I'm definately liking the look of those too! :thumbup:

Do the Tundra brake upgrade and you won't be cursing the stock brakes anymore.

ecchamberlin
07-31-2007, 08:10 PM
Yup that looks bitchin! Likin it.

Something about putting a diff Toyota rig's wheels on a Runner. Those tires look pretty frickin nice to.

TMR
07-31-2007, 08:12 PM
Those are the second best looking wheels I have ever seen on a runner! Good Find!

adn3000
07-31-2007, 09:47 PM
That is the best looking 4Runner I have ever seen! I did see the limited FJ wheels on another 3rd gen here http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=756.0

xonetruthcrewx
07-31-2007, 10:42 PM
Thanks man. The link you posted is of the 16" TRD FJ wheels though. Definitely different.

Bob98SR5
08-01-2007, 12:42 AM
colin,

on a side note, i work for edison. looks like you're wheeling up at the windmill farm. we've been trying to get the power from there for years. not sure which side you stand on, but it kills me that the environmentalists...the same people who bitch "no blood for oil" are the same people cry for renewable energy yet tie up the transmission and distribution of that energy in the courts!

if you set up a wheeling trip out there, i'd love to check out the farm!

bob

Lee
08-01-2007, 07:39 AM
it looks good but steel wheels are better for wheeling than aluminum.

BruceTS
08-01-2007, 08:15 AM

awww, don't start this debate :argue: everybody already knows aluminum is better :flipoff:

beadlock those puppies!

Cebby
08-01-2007, 08:42 AM

awww, don't start this debate :argue: everybody already knows aluminum is better :flipoff:

beadlock those puppies!

Seriously!!

tacoclimber
08-01-2007, 08:59 AM
But with all that heavy steel under me, doesn't it mean that I'm a lot less likely to roll? :hillbill:

By the way, nice wheels, onetruth...

Lee
08-01-2007, 09:13 AM
hahah i didnt realize that was a longstanding debate. personally i am gonna switch over to beadlocked steelies. :)

tacoclimber
08-01-2007, 09:26 AM
C'mon, you know us wheelers... We'll debate anything! :laugh:

xonetruthcrewx
08-01-2007, 11:31 AM
colin,

on a side note, i work for edison. looks like you're wheeling up at the windmill farm. we've been trying to get the power from there for years. not sure which side you stand on, but it kills me that the environmentalists...the same people who ******* "no blood for oil" are the same people cry for renewable energy yet tie up the transmission and distribution of that energy in the courts!

if you set up a wheeling trip out there, i'd love to check out the farm!

bob

Actually Bob, the pics were taken at work. I climb the turbines everyday, maintenance, repairs, all that crap. One my way home the other day i stopped off real quick and took some pics. All of our power is actually sold to edison. Our main Edison sub is the Vincent substation.

I could definitely bring you out sometime. Maybe after a day out in Red Rock. Its not too far out of the way. Definitely get a Red Rock trip setup as soon as its cools down a bit. Late October would be really nice.

xonetruthcrewx
08-01-2007, 11:33 AM

beadlock those puppies!

I will do so for sure eventually. A few other things on the list first but it will happen.