PDA

View Full Version : So I got egged, how do I fix my paint?

Seanz0rz
08-04-2007, 07:02 PM
went out about 530 to find my truck had been egged sometime in the night, and it had baked in the sun all day. needless to say, it ****** up my paint pretty bad. pictures to come monday or so when i can get to a camera.

how do i fix this? in some places its eaten the paint away, other places it just looks real bad.

[edited: no F-Bombs! -bamachem]

xonetruthcrewx
08-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Insurance. Its vandalism, get a new paint job. That sucks though man. If that happened to my rig i would be hiding out all night on the roof with a small arsenal.

Seanz0rz
08-04-2007, 07:56 PM
oh i want too sooo bad.

as for insurance, it just raises my already high rates for living in a "dangerious" area.

im going to try vaseline and then vinegar solution, i read that it can help. couldnt hurt.

any other opinions on what i can do to make the paint better.

ecchamberlin
08-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Sean I could be wrong but a vandalism claim should not raise your insurance costs. You may have a deductable but your premium should not change because some jackass kids messed with your vehicle.

This is why we pay for insurance man.

lets say you decide to sell it in a year with the paint all messed up. Could really effect your vehicle's resale value.

xonetruthcrewx
08-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Yeah, a vandalism claim shouldnt raise you premium. I would call your local PD today and file a report. The insurance company will want that.

Seanz0rz
08-05-2007, 03:50 PM
i already filed a police report, its happened once before but they got my wheel well and i didnt really care. this time they got the paint, and bad.

ok so i will go in to AAA (insurance) on monday and see what i can do insurance wise. ill have to get a quote to get the door repainted. i dont want to because it will never match, and ill just scratch it up again. just hard knowing it wasnt me that did it, but some punk kid. AFAIK, it will raise my rates, thats how insurance companies make money.

i washed and waxed the truck today (needed it bad anyway), anything else i can do to correct the damage? besides putting a sticker over it.

xonetruthcrewx
08-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Go wheelin' and strategically place bad spot into a rock. carnage is better than some little bastards with some eggs damage. :D

all_terrain17
08-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Try using some polishing compound. That will strip off the wax and allow you to polish the paint beneath. It worked when I cared about the paint..

neliconcept
08-05-2007, 09:45 PM
shoot us a picture, id like to see how much is ruined, i do hate that some kids just do it because they think its "cool" not regarding what it does to ones moral.

Seanz0rz
08-05-2007, 10:26 PM
ill try to get pics tomorrow with mom's camera, i suppose its not bad to someone not looking for it, but i always know its there, and its right above my driver's door handle, so i see it every time i get in.

04 Rocko Taco
08-06-2007, 05:59 AM
Sean... I defintiely say hide out on the roof and start shooting. :) Paintballs and ROTTEN Eggs of course. (and I dont know about there, but here if the police catch you for egging its a $50 fine for every 'egg' they can identify. so if you throw one egg and it spatters good and looks like 2 or 3 eggs, guess what $100-$150 fine.:)

Euphorickaty80
08-07-2007, 04:16 AM
Man sean that sucks! I am with the rest of the guys with going to the insurance. I dont see why they would raise your rates. they know where you live already and if they thought it was a "dangerous area" you would already be paying for it.

traxman25
08-07-2007, 07:48 AM
I have a friend who swears by a paint polish he gets at Auto Zone. It's a little kit that comes with a soft putty type stuff, a spray bottle, and some other stuff. It works GREAT on small stuff. I had my dad's car parked too close to the grinder once, didn't know it till the iron dust started to created rust speckles on the hood of a white car, OPPS!!! This thing took that stuff right off. It also made a pretty nasty scuff on his car disappear. I can't remember the name of it, I'll call him later and ask. (he's lazy and won't be awake yet...)