PDA

View Full Version : wabfab sliders on their way, questions about paint in general.

Seanz0rz
08-08-2007, 11:07 AM
so today I FINALLY got around to ordering sliders, and while they probably wont be here in time for big bear, they are a much needed addition to my vehicle.

i have to say, brian is a pretty awesome guy, reminded me alot of my uncle, very cool. and brian, i really appreciate all youve done for UY and even TOF.

so questions on paint, which involves much more than the sliders. i was kicking around the idea of painting the bottoms of my doors and the sliders. i want a light color, as i feel the dark green with black wheels makes my truck simply disappear into darkness, rather than standing out a bit.

so what do you guys think would look good? i was thinking like a copper or silver color. ive always loved the look of copper and green, but im afraid it will look kinda tacky or weird. silver is always a safe bet.

and j. yes i know i should PC my sliders. fact is i just dont ever see any water in the vehicle, outside normal driving in a place that gets under 15 inches of rain a year. and i will be beating these things hard.

all_terrain17
08-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Rattle can black. Is there an alternative? :hillbill:

97kurt
08-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Rattle can the hammer-mite black stuff. Its got bits of silver in it.

Seanz0rz
08-08-2007, 01:32 PM
thanks for moving lance. i thought i had put it in here originally, guess not.

im just not sure i want anymore black on the truck.

i suppose its just paint. once i get em on ill try different things, all id have to do is either paint over or strip off the old stuff.

any other suggestions? how about pictures of sliders in a color other than black?

YotaFun
08-08-2007, 01:48 PM
How about a beige color?
Sorry, I guess I was always a green and beige fan
(I guess I miss my olds...)

Just a suggestion.

Seanz0rz
08-08-2007, 01:52 PM
i thought about painting it what ever the 4runners came in that was like a light beige.

waskillywabbit
08-08-2007, 05:13 PM
They are ordered. Thanks for the business. :D

Tip: Paint them with primer the first coat and use a primer that is in a CONTRASTING color to the final paint color so when you scratch them wheeling it is easy to see where they need to be touched up. :clap:

:guitar:

ecchamberlin
08-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Rattle can the hammer-mite black stuff. Its got bits of silver in it.

x2

I use this stuff on my sliders and both steel bumpers. Strong paint with some texture to it also.

I also suggest 1" 3M non slip tape (HOME DEPOT) along the top of the outer tube to keep from sliping when they are wet (LIKE WHEN WASHING THE ROOF OR IN THE RAIN). Put it just inboard of directly on top to keep from scapping the hell out of youR legs with shorts on.... Ask me how I know. LOL

Seanz0rz
08-08-2007, 11:59 PM
grip tape is already sitting in my garage!

good tip about the primer, thanks brian! i always prime before i paint, but i usually use a primer a close color to prevent bleedthru.

BruceTS
08-12-2007, 04:36 PM
I just use the Duplicolor bedliner spray, gives them texture and covers the scrapes nicely. I'm too lazy to sand them down, before re-painting. I should go down and get some non slip tape, I keep wearing the paint off where I get in at.....

rocket
08-15-2007, 12:06 AM
POR-15
Buy the 6 pack. Ebay.
It's awesome stuff and way better than paint.

Seanz0rz
08-24-2007, 04:36 PM
still looking for some recomendations on where to go to get them welded, ive found plenty of welders, but they all look very sketchy.

anyone out in the inland empire?

Good Times
08-24-2007, 05:01 PM
Demello Offroad (Corona, CA) comes to my mind. Right off the 91 and 15.

Seanz0rz
08-24-2007, 05:10 PM
ok thats one of many recommendations ive recieved. thanks. ill def keep him in mind. just seeing if i can find anything closer

Marc P
08-24-2007, 07:44 PM
I would call Troy at Calminitrucks http://www.calminitruck.com/

or Yotamasters http://www.yotamasters.com/

They are all friends and wheel together.....cool guys

Seanz0rz
08-24-2007, 08:11 PM
cal mini lost their fab guy. they refered me to yota masters. not sure if they are open saturdays, but i will give them a call tomorrow, and get a quote.