PDA

View Full Version : Best sites to buy different lift components for 3rd gen?

fenrisx
08-08-2007, 04:53 PM
I was going to do the full OME on my 3rd gen, and Wheelers had the cheapest prices I'd seen.

But now I'm wanting to do the Tundra coils up front probably..and either OME or Downey springs in the back.

What are some good sites you've found that carry the Tundra coils and/or Downey springs?

MTL_4runner
08-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Best place for Tundra coils is either Sonoran Steel, Northridge Toyota or Toyota of Dallas.
Don't bother with the Donweys in the rear, just go OME 890's out back.

ecchamberlin
08-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Totally agree about the OME's. For a 3rd gen they are perfect!

other site you may consider although the others listed by Jamie are great as well
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/toyota.htm

I have had good luck with them and it is good to be able to compair many different types of gear all on one site.

fenrisx
08-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Yeah..

I sold my dirt bike back to the guy I bought it. For cheaper than I initially wanted for it. So I don't have cash for lift AND tires.. so I'm trying to find the best prices on the lift.

Wheelers has the best prices for OME, but I didn't know of good places for the Tundra coils and whatnot.

I'm going to keep an eye out on TTORA and Tundra solutions for some of it used maybe.

Then probably go with some 305's.. MTZ.. SST's.. or Truxxus mt's.

ecchamberlin
08-13-2007, 08:15 PM
I actually have a set of Tundra coils if you are interested in them. I can get the color coding off them and list exactly which ones they are for you if you like.

I bought them with the plans of building a set but have decide to go a diff route now. They had been in a Tacoma for 4mons when I bought them. They look brand new.

I would sell them to you for $100 plus shipping to you.

No pressure at all though. I am in no hurry to get rid of them, just thought it may work out for you.

say the word.

fenrisx
08-13-2007, 08:33 PM
What shocks work best with the Tundra coils?

I'll let you know something. It's going to be a month or so before my friend get his inheritance money.. so I don't have the $$ right now.. but he said he'd try to go ahead and give me $350 of it in a week or two.. So if he does I'll let you know something if I don't go OME all around.

ecchamberlin
08-13-2007, 08:38 PM
That has gone back and forth so many time that I lost track of which ones work the best for what type of wheeling. Honestly I think what is currently available is what is the "best".

I like the OMEs for the rear personally but have not had them up front. I have read that with a heavy bumper and winch that they will give minimal lift unless you add a spacer to them.

rocket
08-15-2007, 12:04 AM
What shocks work best with the Tundra coils?

I'll let you know something. It's going to be a month or so before my friend get his inheritance money.. so I don't have the $$ right now.. but he said he'd try to go ahead and give me $350 of it in a week or two.. So if he does I'll let you know something if I don't go OME all around.

Look at system 7.1
http://www.sonoransteel.com/store_complete_liftkits.html
At the bottom of that link, read the FAQ and make up your mind....it's been hashed for years but that FAQ pretty much sums things up.

fenrisx
08-15-2007, 09:18 PM
Ok... I was thinking, for some reason, that the Sonoran Steel 7.1 wasn't using Tundra coils up front.. otherwise I would have looked there to see what he was using with the Tundra coils lol.

Thanks