PDA

View Full Version : Shrockworks 3rd Gen Products

garrett
08-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Looks like they're beginning to build products for 3rd gens, at least sliders and a front bumper. I'm eager to see the outcome.... :clap:

http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77398

Lee
08-10-2007, 06:20 PM
id love to see pics and info on the front bumper such as thickness and basic design specs... including attachment points and whether they anticipate it being a winch bumper.

neliconcept
08-10-2007, 06:57 PM
i dunno when they will get this out, but they have been building the 95.5-04 taco bumpers for like forever so we may never see this for a long time.

MTL_4runner
08-10-2007, 07:29 PM
id love to see pics and info on the front bumper such as thickness and basic design specs...

X2

bigwapitijohnny
08-10-2007, 07:46 PM
x3...I could not wait any longer and decided to go with Armorology instead :thumbup: I get my rig back in 2 weeks... :D

BWJ

Jerm
08-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Can't wait to see how these look. I will keep watching for them.

garrett
08-10-2007, 09:59 PM
i dunno when they will get this out, but they have been building the 95.5-04 taco bumpers for like forever so we may never see this for a long time.

Probably about the same time I will have the money to afford one :P

rocket
08-11-2007, 03:11 AM
I've really liked every bumper they've made.
When and if they have them ready, I would be seriously interested in buying one...like now. It really sucks that TJM, ARB, and custom are the only current choices.

rocket
08-11-2007, 03:19 AM
http://www.shrockworks.com/Forum_Images/2005frontierfront06.jpg
:drool:

Lee
08-11-2007, 05:49 AM
I've really liked every bumper they've made.
When and if they have them ready, I would be seriously interested in buying one...like now. It really sucks that TJM, ARB, and custom are the only current choices.

once you see how hard it is to make a bumper, you understand why there arent 100 choices. :laugh:

BruceTS
08-11-2007, 10:17 AM
:pics:

rocket
09-09-2007, 05:08 AM
New bumper is finished...
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h110/ToyFamily/IMG_8832-edit-1.jpg

YotaFun
09-09-2007, 05:31 AM

OH WOW!
Thats Sexy!

Cebby
09-09-2007, 06:31 AM
Looks good - I wonder how you change your corner bulbs now though - looks kinda tight...

Seanz0rz
09-09-2007, 12:15 PM
wow, i like!

i think i found a new front bumper, that is if i dont go and build one myself...

Bob98SR5
09-09-2007, 06:18 PM
man that looks good! i esp like the hoops

makes me want to try to save the tjm :)

YotaFun
09-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Any clues as to prices yet?

God I really want a bumper now!

rocket
09-10-2007, 12:56 AM
I'm sure it's gonna be pricey but i sent 'em an email asking about that and ETA.
It would be nice to get a group buy or an introductory price.
Hopefully it will fit the budget for all us "poor" 3rd gen owners. :D

Lee
09-10-2007, 05:54 AM
Looks good - I wonder how you change your corner bulbs now though - looks kinda tight...
nah i did it with my old brush guard just fine and that looks about as tight.

neliconcept
09-10-2007, 06:40 AM
i wanna see the prerunner version, not sure i like this that much

garrett
09-10-2007, 09:58 AM
prices will probably be about the same as the 4th gen bumper...

bamachem
09-10-2007, 10:46 AM

that is one of the best-looking non-cookie-cutter aftermarket bumpers that i've seen.

very nice.

bigwapitijohnny
09-10-2007, 10:59 AM
This re-affirms the decision that I made...

Regards,

BWJ

ttora4runner
09-10-2007, 11:05 AM
How well are those bumpers going to work with those of us that have a bud built skid plate?

97kurt
09-10-2007, 11:20 AM
I've installed the shrockworks bumper on an 06 tacoma and 05 4runner. They make a really nice product. After seeing this I really wish I did not have the limited flares on my truck.

As for the fitting it with the budbuilt, I dont think it will be an issue. From what I can see in the pic there is a gap between the bottom of the bumper and the rad support. Hopefully Jim will confirm this.

rocket
09-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Heres the email i received today...

We have taken some pre orders, I think it is looking like a couple months to production. We haven't really talked about cost yet but the best way to gain more info is to call and talk to Jim (he's not here yet). It would probably get things moving as well.

thanks,
Nick @ 'Shrockworks'

rocket
09-10-2007, 05:24 PM
I need to start saving my pennies. The single hoop looks nice!
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h110/ToyFamily/IMG_8552.jpg

I like this version too..
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h110/ToyFamily/IMG_8537.jpg

BruceTS
09-10-2007, 06:27 PM
I'd like to see pictures of the frame mounts.....
Too bad they went with round lights for the turn signals, the DOT ovals would look better and give a large selection on lighting options.

One problem with the TJM-15 is the mounting bolts for the wench are a tad too low causing the Hawse fairlead to hang low, I see this bumper has the same issue.

JWBehm
09-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Wow making me with I wasnt picking up my ARB bumper tomorrow. That looks really good, nice work.

rocket
09-10-2007, 07:33 PM
One problem with the TJM-15 is the mounting bolts for the wench are a tad too low causing the Hawse fairlead to hang low, I see this bumper has the same issue.

Man theres always gotta be something "wrong". I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. Wondering how big of a problem has it been for you? Are you always bashing your fairlead?

ecchamberlin
09-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Yup that is a real nice looking bumper there. Would be really interested in the mounting bracket design also.

Good luck with sales!

ttora4runner
09-10-2007, 09:40 PM
The single hoop and the no hoop looks pretty good.

BruceTS
09-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Man theres always gotta be something "wrong". I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. Wondering how big of a problem has it been for you? Are you always bashing your fairlead?

My old fairlead had plenty of rock rash, I was tempted to re-drill the holes in my bumper to move the winch up a bit higher, mostly a cosmetic flaw than anything.

Jerm
09-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Looks real good, will have to keep it in mind for when i get a bumper.

ToyFamily
09-11-2007, 10:54 AM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h110/ToyFamily/IMG_8850.jpg

There was some questions about the bumper:

One question was the bumper working with a Budbuilt skid, so I contacted Bud and we both think they will work nicely together.

Another concern is the low fairlead. So before production I am going to see if it is possible to move the winch up slightly. There isn't much room, I tried to get the bumper as tucked up and in as possible for approach. Give and take...

And a third was about mounting. It mounts in 4 places per bracket on a 4runner (before frame mod) 2-M12, 2-3/8" . Tacomas have 5 locations 3-M12 , 2-3/8" . Drilling/enlarging 2 holes to 3/8" (per bracket) is necessary on both Tacoma/4Runner. The 4runner frame end cap needs to be ground flush with the frame on the bottom and inside...(Since I was there, I went the rest of the way and did the end cap mod.)

Also we tried the oval DOT lights in the face...but we opted for this after seeing both side by side. It seemed to fit and flow and it looked less like an after thought. We use them in our sammi bumpers but thought these vehicles were to nice to look like a big rig trailer. These are also DOT approved and come with the bumper.

Nick

ToyFamily
09-12-2007, 07:13 AM

My old fairlead had plenty of rock rash, I was tempted to re-drill the holes in my bumper to move the winch up a bit higher, mostly a cosmetic flaw than anything.

I moved the winch up as much as possible from the prototype, it should help a bit, worse case we tried. (the lower bolts bolt the through the fairlead)
proto pic
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h110/ToyFamily/IMG_8610.jpg

neliconcept
09-12-2007, 10:30 AM
hmm i may think about getting a single hoop in silver later down the road.

ToyFamily
09-12-2007, 11:36 AM
That's cool because, I saved a pic of your 4runner a while back from when I was planning mine.. :D

may not want to wait...

http://www.shrockworks.com/Toyota-4Runner-Winch-Bumper-Front-Bumper-Bull-Bar-Offroad-pr-16217.html

Nick

BruceTS
09-12-2007, 05:08 PM
I moved the winch up as much as possible from the prototype, it should help a bit, worse case we tried. (the lower bolts bolt the through the fairlead)
proto pic

Nice to see a company make changes like this, another option I was tossing around was have a custom fairlead made with offset bolt holes.
....as for the turn signals, I guess it's a personal choice. Not too sure if you saw my thread when I modified my TJM-15
http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=1704.0
Here's a picture of what I did..
http://bruce.calrockx.com/4runner/bumper/front_bumper.jpg

The frame mount that came with the TJM bumper are fine unless you plan to do a lot of winching, like I do, then they just don't hold up. I had added a few braces to handle angle pulls, but the brackets eventually cracked elsewhere. This time I welded doubler plates to the frame and more bracing.

rocket
09-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Nick,

id love to see...attachment points.

I'd like to see pictures of the frame mounts.

Would be really interested in the mounting bracket design also.

Could you post a couple pictures of where the bumper mounts? I understand where it mounts but would like to see the actual design.

Nick,
Please show us where this bumper mounts. I'm ready to order but want to see the attachment points first. thanks!

ecchamberlin
09-24-2007, 08:06 PM
Way to get "all your ducks in a row" LOL

But yes please do show us.

ToyFamily
09-25-2007, 05:41 AM
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT :flipoff:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h110/ToyFamily/framemount.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h110/ToyFamily/IMG_8506.jpg
the earlier 4runners have to grind the edges down a bit. The newer ones have to trim the frame end as it hangs far below, inside, and over the frame rail. We chose to go this way instead for increased strength in mounting.

This is before the frame mod...if you choose to do so we will include a part that will make a frame end mod a little easier while your there.

do you guys want the blue prints of the bumper too... :D

Nick

ADH8796
09-25-2007, 07:56 AM
Blue prints would be nice! haha

ecchamberlin
09-25-2007, 08:59 PM
THat does indeed look a ton stronger than my TJM mounts. Worth the wait! LOL

I think you have a great thing going here as far as the 3rd Gen bumper. Especially now that you can pick up used 3rd gens a lot more reasonably priced for trail rigs.

If I didn't already have a TJM....

DNAhilux
09-25-2007, 09:27 PM
this bumper makes my visa nervous..hahaha, sweet bumper

ToyFamily
09-26-2007, 05:21 AM
THat does indeed look a ton stronger than my TJM mounts. Worth the wait! LOL

I think you have a great thing going here as far as the 3rd Gen bumper. Especially now that you can pick up used 3rd gens a lot more reasonably priced for trail rigs.

If I didn't already have a TJM....

We have several customers that already own others and are going to get this and sell the other..even had a customer come with a TJM on and was blown away at the quatlity difference (his words not mine), he was on the fence but ordered immediately and is selling the TJM ..nice compiment.

Nick

Bob98SR5
09-26-2007, 09:54 AM
i must say, the bumper looks like quite the quality product. i'd definitely need to see this in person!

MTL_4runner
09-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Just looking at the mounting bracket, that looks incredibly beefy.
If the bumper is made with the same durability in mind, it should be a hit with the 3rd gen crowd.

ToyFamily
09-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Just looking at the mounting bracket, that looks incredibly beefy.
If the bumper is made with the same durability in mind, it should be a hit with the 3rd gen crowd.

It is, 3/16" shell and bracing and 1/2" recovery tabs that pass through the bumper straight to the 1/4" frame mounts..the bumper is welded inside and out before smoothing....and you asked about durability, keep in mind that the first one was designed to go on one of my own rigs, which I come from building and wheeling in a recreational and competition background. Clearance (both tire and obsticle), Approach angles, Recovery (tight winch fit and thick rec. tabs), Protection, Durability, Lighting options, Signals it is packed with as much function as possible while doing justice to the vehicle and it's vitals.

Nick

914Runner
09-27-2007, 01:31 AM
Could you make the brackets to accommodate a 1" or 1.5" body lift? I see you have brackets for a 2" body lift as an option.

Thanks

rocket
09-27-2007, 04:41 AM
Thanks for the pictures Nick.

I know i could call and ask these questions but i figured Q&A exposure is best...

1) Is the bumper vertically adjustable at all? Say for a 1" BL? If not, can the brackets be modified (ordered) to fit with no BL and/or up to a 1" BL? i.e. Can they be made a tad bit taller so the customer can modify/drill the holes themselves? Please explain what can and cannot be done for a small BL. It's hard to tell without seeing everything in person.

2) You offer two different options for the PIAA 4" lights....but which ones are which as far as glass color? Part #'s for the lights would help a lot. The Shrockworks links for the lights have conflicting information/pictures when comparing them to PIAA's website. :/

3) Will Hella 500's and other brands mount in the top holes for driving lights with the pre-runner or full hoop bar options? I'm assuming any 7" light will fit and the pre-drilled holes are a standard size for most major after market lights...? Just want to confirm this.

4) Are the DOT turn signal lights plug & play or do they need to be wired in?

thanks

ToyFamily
09-27-2007, 06:21 AM
Thanks for the pictures Nick.

I know i could call and ask these questions but i figured Q&A exposure is best...

1) Is the bumper vertically adjustable at all? Say for a 1" BL? If not, can the brackets be modified (ordered) to fit with no BL and/or up to a 1" BL? i.e. Can they be made a tad bit taller so the customer can modify/drill the holes themselves? Please explain what can and cannot be done for a small BL. It's hard to tell without seeing everything in person.

2) You offer two different options for the PIAA 4" lights....but which ones are which as far as glass color? Part #'s for the lights would help a lot. The Shrockworks links for the lights have conflicting information/pictures when comparing them to PIAA's website. :/

3) Will Hella 500's and other brands mount in the top holes for driving lights with the pre-runner or full hoop bar options? I'm assuming any 7" light will fit and the pre-drilled holes are a standard size for most major after market lights...? Just want to confirm this.

4) Are the DOT turn signal lights plug & play or do they need to be wired in?

thanks

Our mounting brackets are slotted to give you about 1/2" adjustability up and down. Once placed where you want it, there are 2 - 3/8" holes on each side that are on the bumper mounts but not the frame brackets...mark and drill these, and install 3/8" hardware for no further movement during recovery, wheeling or whatever...

Question I need answered. What is most of you running (or thinking of going with) as far a a body lift? . Right now I am leaning toward redesigning the 2" BL brackets into a 1" or a 1.5"...We have no BL orders yet so we are going to run the first batch with no BL brackets and take the time to hear you guys out on what you think and what we need it to do and work on a bracket suited for what most of you need (you can't please everybody, all the time)

PIAA LIGHTS : Let me know where the conflict is in the information. As far as part #'s I'll have to get back to you (EDIT: FOG #5161, DRIVING #5164). The Differences are that the 510 DRIVING LIGHT is the "Super White" light with a pencil beam of about 15°. The 510 FOG PLASMA ION CRYSTAL (yellow/purple lens) is a yellow color when lit and has a wide, shorter beam.

Top Light mounts: As for the room for lighting on top there is about 8" from the mounting surface (bumper top edge) to the bottom of the tube. Depending on which variation you choose (prerunner,full tube) the tubes are angled forward or back, placing the tube just in front or behind the Light. There is slight variation of the tube position over the light because the top light holes are slotted to give you the option of moving the lights forward/back to preference/fit. So as long as the light is not too "deep" behind the mounting holes you could (by measurement) get away with an 8" light up there, and any single stub mounted light (that isn't too deep) should easily fit up there...The lights pictured on our 4runner are 6"

Turn signals: The DOT turn signals unfortunately will require wiring, but it is a very simple job. Cut your old signal plug off (two wires), splice our signal wires (only two wires)...done...no fast blinking, good to go. We'll try to show some pics in the instructions to help out so that if you can operate some pliars, you can do the job.

Nick

Pitty
09-28-2007, 10:33 AM
Very impressed with the appearance and functionallity of this bumper, well done. I have just one question. Does this bumper have an effect on the srs airbag operation at all? I know it takes considerable testing (and $$) to determine this, but to me it is important. I'm not saying that you should or that you have to, I would simply like to know either way before I buy. I understand that strengthening the front of the vehicle may cause the airbags to deploy in lower speed collisions than what was originally designed.

cglickman
09-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Greetings all. I am the customer who came by the shop to see the bumper first hand (I am fortunate to work nearby the shop) and the difference between this bumper and the TJM is NIGHT and DAY - a whole different league. Don't get me wrong, the TJM is a fine product at a fair price, but the Shrokworks bumper offers so much more in terms of design, strength, approach angle, mounting system, integrated lights, much better lines that look like it was designed to go with this vehicle. The welds are perfect, the fit is perfect, it is fine! :thumbup:

I suppose a brief introduction is in order, as I am a lurker. I've been reading the other yota forum for several years, and have been enjoying this new forum as well. Lots of great information from great people. I feel like I don't have a wealth of information to contribute compared to many of the more experienced folks on here, which is why I've been a lurker. I have a Silver 99 4Runner with a Sonoran Steel system 1 lift, 285/75/16 Bridgestone Duelers, the aforementioned TJM bumper (for now), Vair OBA system, Deckplate, ISR, TruFlo filter, and all sorts of other little mods.

I live in Houston , but I spend as much time as possible in the mountains of Northern New Mexico chasing Trout in little mountain streams. Hence the purpose for my vehicle.

I must re-iterate that this bumper is first class all the way, and the guys at Shrokworks couldn't be nicer. I will post pics when the bumper arrives and is installed, and anyone in the Houston area is welcome to check it out once installed. Oh yeah, I'll have a TJM bumper looking for a new home in a month or so if anybody needs one ;)

-Clark

rocket
10-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Our mounting brackets are slotted to give you about 1/2" adjustability up and down. Once placed where you want it, there are 2 - 3/8" holes on each side that are on the bumper mounts but not the frame brackets...mark and drill these, and install 3/8" hardware for no further movement during recovery, wheeling or whatever...

Nice. What i'd like to see/have, (if possible) is the mounting brackets/slots being tall enough to accommodate up to a 1" body lift or having at least 3/4" up & down adjusting without needing a separate bracket. If the tallest part of the mounting brackets don't touch the top plate of the bumper, then i could "picture" the brackets being made for no BL and up to a 1" BL.

Question I need answered. What is most of you running (or thinking of going with) as far a a body lift? . Right now I am leaning toward redesigning the 2" BL brackets into a 1" or a 1.5"...We have no BL orders yet so we are going to run the first batch with no BL brackets and take the time to hear you guys out on what you think and what we need it to do and work on a bracket suited for what most of you need (you can't please everybody, all the time)

As i mentioned, i think 1" BL brackets whether it's designed within the mounting brackets or separate brackets would be practical. I believe theres more 3rd gen owners with 1" body lifts versus 2"...or at least more that would be willing to buy your bumper.
Theres a few with 1.5" but i think 1" BL brackets would suit a 1.5" BL just fine...and besides, most, if not all guys running a 1.5" BL already have a custom front bumper.
Either way, 1" BL brackets would probably be the most sought after for people buying this bumper.
Maybe you could design both? :)

PIAA LIGHTS : Let me know where the conflict is in the information.
PIAA's website:
PIAA SMR series show these part numbers...
Xtreme White SMR Driving #5192
Xtreme White SMR Fog #5190

Shrockworks website (and according to your part #'s) is picturing the non-SMR series...but at the bottom of this page: http://www.shrockworks.com/PIAA-510-4-Driving-&-Fog-Lights-Black-pr-16198.html
It says, "Your PIAA 510 SMR Series Lights Kit carries a Lifetime Warranty."

No biggie, just confusing.

BruceTS
10-07-2007, 08:16 PM
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT :flipoff:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h110/ToyFamily/IMG_8506.jpg

do you guys want the blue prints of the bumper too... :D

Very nice design on the frame mounts, they should hold up fine for winching... the reason I was asking about them is mainly because of the high location of the shackle hangers, but this shouldn't be an issue......

naw we don't need the blueprints on the bumper :D

BTW I still like the oval turn indicator look better

Oh just a little heads up...... the body can deflect almost 2" from the frame horizontally and more with a body lift. When I built my rear bumper I kept the gap at 1" away from the body and added weather stripping to help cushion impacts and hide the gap, even then it's still possible to do body damage. I recently experience almost 3" in deflection and did minor damage....

ToyFamily
10-08-2007, 06:43 AM
"The SMR is only available as a driving beam (not fog).

The Fog on our site is a 5161 Ion Crystal non SMR

The Driving on our site is the 5164 Super White non SMR

PIAA does have a 510 SMR driving beam available. We can get it if they want it. It is pt# 5192.

From what I can see, the only error was the “SMR” in the warranty statement. That has been fixed."

That is Jim's e-mail to me..

thanks for all the info

Nick

rocket
10-20-2007, 04:38 AM
Couple more pics showing pre-runner hoop option...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/toyrunner76/Shrockworks2.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/toyrunner76/Shrockworks3.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/toyrunner76/Shrockworks1.jpg

I ordered one last Monday! :D

Seanz0rz
10-20-2007, 09:34 AM
im ordering mine as soon as i get rid of my extra car.

btw, anyone want a car? 2900 obo!

rocket
12-18-2007, 01:43 AM
I received my bumper a couple days ago and I'm more than satisfied.

Bare steel so you can see what it REALLY looks like in all it's awesomeness...
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/toyrunner76/bumper005.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/toyrunner76/bumper001.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/toyrunner76/bumper003.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/toyrunner76/bumper004.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/toyrunner76/bumper002.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/toyrunner76/bumper008.jpg

ttora4runner
12-18-2007, 04:31 AM
I really like that one with the pre-run hoop. :drool:

Dang it no money :chair: :confused:

YotaChic
12-18-2007, 07:32 AM
rocket that looks lovely!

I just got a call and an e-mail from Shrockworks. Mine is being picked up from the PC tomorrow and should ship Thursday!!!!!!! :clap:

neliconcept
12-18-2007, 08:53 AM
rocket that looks lovely!

I just got a call and an e-mail from Shrockworks. Mine is being picked up from the PC tomorrow and should ship Thursday!!!!!!! :clap:

so we are upgrading the 2000 now are we :) ? very nice which one did you end up getting?

garrett
12-18-2007, 10:09 AM
looks great! i want one!

Seanz0rz
12-18-2007, 02:16 PM
still no word on mine.... 1.5 to 2 weeks left according to his email last week. guess we will see...

looks great! cant wait to get mine!!!!!!

YotaChic
12-18-2007, 03:03 PM
so we are upgrading the 2000 now are we :) ? very nice which one did you end up getting?

oh yeah we are! I got the one with the three hoops

still no word on mine.... 1.5 to 2 weeks left according to his email last week. guess we will see...

take heart Sean, they told me mine was #3 on the list so they are getting to them!!

Seanz0rz
12-18-2007, 03:16 PM
well currently, turning right is very painful as the chrome bumper rubs horribly on the tire.

slosurfer
12-18-2007, 03:30 PM
well currently, turning right is very painful as the chrome bumper rubs horribly on the tire.

Get out the sawzall and clearance that biatch. :flipoff:

Seanz0rz
12-18-2007, 03:44 PM
i dont even want to spend the time messing with that POS.

how illegal is it to ride around with no front bumper? would i get stopped? if so, what would happen? im sick of driving around with a twisted half of a bumper.

neliconcept
12-18-2007, 04:06 PM
i dont even want to spend the time messing with that POS.

how illegal is it to ride around with no front bumper? would i get stopped? if so, what would happen? im sick of driving around with a twisted half of a bumper.

yours is a two piece bumper isnt it, just pull the bottom part off and leave the other peices and cut.

Seanz0rz
12-18-2007, 04:27 PM
the lower valence is off (plastic) but the chrome bumper is hitting the wheels. if i take it off to cut, its not going back on, and im not cutting with it on the vehicle.

hopefully the shrockworks bumper comes soon. no big deal, i havnet been driving much anyway.

neliconcept
12-18-2007, 04:34 PM
use a hammer, dont have to cut. just beat the outers in towards the front. but cave them in.

cplvc
12-19-2007, 09:11 AM

I ordered mine today, no hoops. I was hoping the pre-order price wouldn't change till the end of the year, now its full price since they're shipping the bumpers. Spoke to Nick and Jim they changed the price a couple of days ago.

Sean, what type did you get? Let me know if you need help installing your bumper.

Seanz0rz
12-19-2007, 10:23 AM
i got the full hoops.

ive done sooo many grill guard and after market bumper installs, i should be ok, but dad is having surgery and will likely be out of commission, i have a friend who is coming down in a week or so, so maybe he will be able to help me.

if you need help, let me know.

i ordered mine bare steel, so hopefully i should get it a bit sooner. but who knows.

cplvc
12-19-2007, 12:49 PM
if you need help, let me know.

i ordered mine bare steel, so hopefully i should get it a bit sooner. but who knows.

I ordered mine bare steel as well. I might take you up on that offer. My offer to help still stands, I go to Chino often not that far from Redlands.

fenrisx
12-20-2007, 11:20 AM
I am jealous Sean.. that bumper looks mean. I like the 1 hoop. Now if I could hit the lottery.

JWBehm
12-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Now you just need to make a rear bumper :D

Seanz0rz
12-29-2007, 05:07 PM
anyone get theirs yet? i was hoping to get it before i go back to school on the 7th, but id still have to get it painted an all. maybe it will ship on monday?

cglickman
12-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Hey Sean, Jim told me they were closed Monday and Tuesday, so I'd guess it'll be at least Wed. before it goes out if it's finished.You might give them a call Wednesday morning to inquire. I hope you get it in time to install before you head back to school - I can hardly wait myself!

-Clark

Seanz0rz
12-30-2007, 10:33 PM
well i figure at least 3 days from ship till its dropped at my door, and then i still have to paint. looks like i will most definitely NOT have it by the 7th. kind of disappointed by that.

ohwell.

cplvc
01-02-2008, 10:46 AM
Sean, I haven't received mine yet, but that's expected since I ordered in late December. Yours was pre-ordered, thought you'd have it by now...I guess they have a backlog.

Seanz0rz
01-02-2008, 11:23 AM
yea JC, looks like you have a LONG wait! a little birdie told me that the first set that was to be shipped with PC, just got shipped about a week ago, a week after they were suppose to be shipped. getting kind of fed up with the delays, but ofcourse im not going to cancel my order, its the only bumper i actually like for the front, hence why i ordered the stupid thing.

i knew i was going to have to wait, thats what a preorder is, but this is just ridiculous... and never any official word from anyone there on status of anything. this will be reflected in my review of the product upon delivery and installation.

maybe ill have it before FEB.

Seanz0rz
01-02-2008, 01:48 PM
i edited my previous post to somewhat reflect my frustration with this.

not to mention to get me away from 666 posts...

ToyFamily
01-02-2008, 03:05 PM
I am sorry you won't have the bumper in time before school. PreOrder and the intro price ($100 off) was all because of the fact that these were not in production yet and you were ordering ahead of production, the dates were the best we could guess but were tenative. The first run of production always has to lay down the processes for the product with our suppliers and our own shop. We don't like to make people wait, most of our guys are here 12hrs. a day, we are working hard to get everyone their order (not just the new 3rd gen toy bumper) and keep our quatlity top notch. And all orders are made first come first served, the fairest way we can think of. We often hear that the wait sucked but it was worth it. I am confident that it will be worth it.

Nick

neliconcept
01-02-2008, 03:22 PM
well what I think Sean is trying to portray, is its not really the wait hes mad about, but the lack of communication on yalls part of the deal.

Just what ive gotten from our conversations.

Yall have an awesome product, but with any type of business, when you put down a deadline for shipment, you either stick to it or dont put it down at all imo. oh and notice. my tone of voice is very calm, dont want to look like im trying to be a jerk. just posting whats on my mind at the moment

keep up the good work. Im sure Sean will have a great product to him in no time.

Seanz0rz
01-02-2008, 06:11 PM
well if i was not POSITIVE the wait would be worth it, i would have canceled my order LONG ago. based on what i saw on the 4th gen bumpers at pismo, i definitely want this bumper!

ToyFamily
01-03-2008, 05:05 AM
well what I think Sean is trying to portray, is its not really the wait hes mad about, but the lack of communication on yalls part of the deal.

Just what ive gotten from our conversations.

Yall have an awesome product, but with any type of business, when you put down a deadline for shipment, you either stick to it or dont put it down at all imo. oh and notice. my tone of voice is very calm, dont want to look like im trying to be a jerk. just posting whats on my mind at the moment

keep up the good work. Im sure Sean will have a great product to him in no time.

I agree and wish it could be that simple. For the moment, if you want a status, please call. We are working to get everyones products out.

Nick

04 Rocko Taco
01-03-2008, 05:24 AM
I agree with you there Sean, looking at these bumpers they sure do look STOUT. Be sure to let us all know how this bad boy tuns out when finally get it.

bamachem
01-03-2008, 06:20 AM
If (WHEN) I get another 3rd gen, I know what will eventually be on the front.

This is one NICE bumper...

neliconcept
01-03-2008, 09:36 AM

hurry up and get another 3rd gen then brotha

YotaFun
01-03-2008, 12:23 PM

hurry up and get another 3rd gen then brotha

X2 and to make Blake jealous make it the pearl white color one :D

YotaChic
01-03-2008, 12:48 PM
it's HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q302/YotaChic/DSC_0022.jpg

*must...go..back..to work (and not salivate on new bumper) :drool:

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q302/YotaChic/DSC_0025.jpg

plan is to put it on saturday

neliconcept
01-03-2008, 04:04 PM

good cant wait to see it on there Laura

d0ubledown
01-03-2008, 08:02 PM

thats hot. cant wait to see the after pix...

ToyFamily
01-04-2008, 05:23 AM
Some dark teaser shots. We finished installing cglickman's bumper last night. 2nd in 2 days. I am not going to lie, there are a couple tight areas for bolting when the winch is in, so bring your patience.(It was designed for cleanance and approach advantage, not so you could sit inside the bumper and tighten your bolts :D) You should only be doing it once. Some new tricks were learned after a few more installs so I will try to update some notes and instructions and e-mail them to those already sent out.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h110/ToyFamily/IMG_9736.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h110/ToyFamily/IMG_9750.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h110/ToyFamily/IMG_9727.jpg

Nick

cglickman
01-04-2008, 09:43 AM
I gotta say that this in the finest damn bumper I have ever seen! I picked it up yesterday evening and I spent a couple of hours last night just staring at it and studying the lines and mounting bracket design. This bumper is built to last forever, and Nick did an incredible job with the design. It is all totally functional and complements the 3rd Gen lines like no other bumper I have seen. Seriously, if you have been waiting for the perfect bumper, this is it!

The approach angle on the 3rg Gen isn't great, but this bumper maximizes it as much as possible. It is a significant improvement over the approach angle of the TJM it replaces. It is tucked in as tight as it can be and still accommodate a winch. As a matter of fact, I have always used the top of my TJM bumper as a tool holder and a table to rest my beer on when I'm working on the truck or out in unpaved country, and this bumper is so much lower profile that I can barely fit a skinny water bottle on it, much less any tools!

Nick and Jim have been a pleasure to work with from the start. Both have been honest and up front throughout the process and since I drive right by Shrockworks every day on my way to and from work, they have been patient with my impatience in getting the bumper. They always make me feel welcome when I drop in, and take the time to answer my questions as if I were the only customer they had.

I am going to bring my 4Runner by so they can take more pictures and post them here for those interested to see. This represents a sizable investment for me and I couldn't be happier with the results. This bumper is not cheap, but it is an excellent value when compared with others available. It's not much more than an equivalent TJM or ARB, but it is SO much nicer than those.

-Clark

ttora4runner
01-04-2008, 07:49 PM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h110/ToyFamily/IMG_9736.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h110/ToyFamily/IMG_9750.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h110/ToyFamily/IMG_9727.jpg

Looks good

YotaChic
01-05-2008, 02:01 PM
its on and i'm exhausted.

here's a quick picture; it doesn't do the bumper justice.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q302/YotaChic/DSC_0202.jpg

many, many more to come.

**just went out to take more pictures and , BOO, its too dark

neliconcept
01-05-2008, 03:19 PM
whoa those hoops are really close

Seanz0rz
01-05-2008, 03:51 PM
wonder if ill ever get to replace my corner lamps with the bumper installed?

i like it though, cant wait!

Thumper
01-05-2008, 05:35 PM
There is just enough room to pull the side marker lens forward and then swing it to the outside to change the bulb. Laura and I just went outside and tried it so you can rest easy. Picture proof.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q302/YotaChic/DSC_0209.jpg

bigwapitijohnny
01-05-2008, 06:01 PM
whoa those hoops are really close

X2

Regards,

BWJ

YotaFun
01-05-2008, 06:05 PM
God I want that bumper soo Bad

ToyFamily
01-05-2008, 06:27 PM
The bumper is designed to tight to the truck. There is about an inch between the body and the tube.

Yotachic, I would appriciate an e-mail letting me know your experience with the install and any difficulties. And your final thoughts of the bumper..

thanks,

Nick

nick@shrockworks.com

DHC6twinotter
01-05-2008, 06:45 PM
That is a nice looking bumper! :D

ecchamberlin
01-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Yup that is a nice bumper right there. Nice design Toyfamily!

I don't think the tubes are too close. I like the tucked in look although most lights will stick out forward some. Cheap Hella 500's will be good because they are so slim as I see ttora4Runner used, but you don't get a ton of light from them. They are good enough for me for the limited night driving I do.

Deltron
01-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Those bumpers are real NICE or if you prefer, NASTY. Props to all involved. Curious is it best to leave some space between the fender and the bumper? The TJM I got I have sitting almost flush. About the space between these two periods . .

ecchamberlin
01-05-2008, 10:59 PM
In my opinion that is too close between a frame mounted piece and a body part. They move quite a bit while wheeling and you may have contact. Your TJM can easily be dropped down because the holes are slotted. But I imagine you know that....

ToyFamily
01-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Those bumpers are real NICE or if you prefer, NASTY. Props to all involved. Curious is it best to leave some space between the fender and the bumper? The TJM I got I have sitting almost flush. About the space between these two periods . .

Our mounting holes are slotted so you can mount to preference but we recommend about 3/8"-1/2" gap as the body does move on the frame when wheeling and the bumper is frame mounted.

Nick

Seanz0rz
01-06-2008, 12:15 PM
There is just enough room to pull the side marker lens forward and then swing it to the outside to change the bulb. Laura and I just went outside and tried it so you can rest easy. Picture proof.

awesome!!! i remember having to drop my brush guard to change the light. on a 30 pound brush guard, not a big deal, on a 120 pound bumper with a heavy winch, thats a big deal!!!

cglickman
01-06-2008, 01:45 PM
I think the tubes are just right. They offer full protection and just enough clearance for everything. Amazingly, they protect the full front of the hood but are tucked just low enough that they cannot be seen from the drivers seat, so they do not hamper your forward visibility in any way. Brilliant Nick!

They also have the single hoop option, which offer more light protection, but unless I ran big $$$ lights (namely Lightforce), I prefer the full protection of the front end and headlights the full tubing option offers. Hella 500's are a lot cheaper than new headlight assemblies, and I like to have everything tucked up as tight as possible to the rig. The two places that limit 3rd Gen off-road abilities are our front and (especially) rear hang over and the IFS.

Nick and Justin helped me finish up the winch installation and Justin hooked up my Hella Night Eyes so the led halo is on when my parking and/or headlights are on and the driving lights come on when my high beams are on. I have positioned my chair so the bumper is right in front of me. I can't take my eyes off of it!

~Clark

bamachem
01-07-2008, 09:32 AM
ok, i have a question...

are the winch mounting holes offset due to the size of the winch? check out this pic for reference:

http://www.4rnr.net/shrockworks.jpg

were the mounting holes offset so that a 9500/9.5 winch would fit? would there be an option to have them centered and limit the winch size to an 8000# like a M8000?

the offset fairlead is just bugging me.

ToyFamily
01-07-2008, 09:47 AM
All winches have the same problem, the motor is longer than the gear side. Most 9500 lbs. winches have the same length motor as the 8000's, even 6000's anyway. The winch mounts centered in between the frame mounting plates to give as much room for tightening the mounting bolts as possible. Everything has a reason. No there can't be a centered version.

Nick

bamachem
01-08-2008, 08:48 AM
hmmm... unfortunately, that will load one side of the frame more than the other.

the tradeoff of having less room to put the winch on to tighten the 4 bolts (hopefully a one-time occurance before the bumper is installed on the truck) is outweighed in my opinion by having a more even pull on the frame rails. with one side of the frame essentially carrying the load, i would be worried about stress and fatigue. it might hold up for 100 pulls or 1000 pulls, but it will for sure put more stress on the one frame rail by having the fairlead (moment of tension) off-center.

you may want to reconsider your stance on this. just look at ARB, TJM, etc and you will always see the fairlead centered and not the body of the winch.

ToyFamily
01-08-2008, 11:24 AM
hmmm... unfortunately, that will load one side of the frame more than the other.

the tradeoff of having less room to put the winch on to tighten the 4 bolts (hopefully a one-time occurance before the bumper is installed on the truck) is outweighed in my opinion by having a more even pull on the frame rails. with one side of the frame essentially carrying the load, i would be worried about stress and fatigue. it might hold up for 100 pulls or 1000 pulls, but it will for sure put more stress on the one frame rail by having the fairlead (moment of tension) off-center.

you may want to reconsider your stance on this. just look at ARB, TJM, etc and you will always see the fairlead centered and not the body of the winch.

If you use your stock tow hook on either frame rail, that is loading all the force on one frame rail. Same issue with any bumper offering two tow tabs symmetrically placed on the bumper. Our bumper design is much tighter than any production bumper we have seen. This gives us many off-road advantages (you advantages) but also puts restraints on fitting it all into a tight spot. If it is at all possible we center the winch. Our mounting design on this bumper ties the tow tabs all the way to the frame, not allowing the winch to be centered in this case. As well as the fact that not everyone wants to run the same winch....there are now more winch manufacturers than we can keep track of. The "room" for bolting I was talking about is already reduced to about an inch.

A fairlead and winch drum is roughly 8-9" wide. There is only one point in the spooling of the winch that the load is directly centered between both frame rails. Then you have the added factor of the direction you are pulling. Our Samurai and Tracker bumpers have always had the winch offset (5 year old designs), our JK bumper is one of the few that accepts the Power plant winch while sinking it between the frame rails to keep the center of gravity lower and keeping the winch from preventing airflow to cool the engine. In order to achieve that the winch mount was offset. If this seems too out of the box and you want a major manufacturer to justify, check out the Jeep brand aftermarket bumpers for the JK...offset winch as well.

bamachem
01-10-2008, 01:53 PM
good points of contention, and therefore i digress.

fantastic bumper - i WILL own one. :D

Seanz0rz
01-10-2008, 02:04 PM
well i got a very nice call from someone special today. i estimate 1-2 weeks for truck delivery, :)

ToyFamily
01-10-2008, 02:25 PM
good points of contention, and therefore i digress.

fantastic bumper - i WILL own one. :D

Who's 4runner is in the avatar? Did he do the same rims and JK mud terrains as ours?? more pics?

bamachem
01-10-2008, 02:32 PM
lol...

it's a black blinged out runner on ebay w/ chrome 22's. i photoshopped your wheels and bumper onto it. that's why the wheels/tires look familiar. i can't believe that you didn't recognize the bumper though! :D

(i'm in the market for a black 99/00 limited w/ e-locker to do something similar with)

ToyFamily
01-10-2008, 02:40 PM
lol...

it's a black blinged out runner on ebay w/ chrome 22's. i photoshopped your wheels and bumper onto it. that's why the wheels/tires look familiar. i can't believe that you didn't recognize the bumper though! :D

(i'm in the market for a black 99/00 limited w/ e-locker to do something similar with)

I noticed that..."oh nice looking.....yea NICE BUMPER", then I saw the wheels/tires. I though someone had done it. I had been e-mailed about the details of the lift, wheels and tires on my wife's 4runner and thought it had been done. It would be sweet on a black one. We have sliders too :D... Carry on (someone get him a line on a black 99/00 limited) :D

neliconcept
01-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Andy i think their are some nice 00 limiteds in Colorado if you are willing to drive :)

Bighead
01-10-2008, 06:25 PM
lol...

It was just a matter of time...

neliconcept
01-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Andy, i think silver is where its at :)

bamachem
01-11-2008, 06:11 AM
lol... yeah, i know, i know...

anyway, i don't mind a 500-mile drive, or even up to 700, *maybe* for the right one. however, the 1500-miles to colorado probably won't happen. besides, i can get a good southern runner w/ no rust and no salt-road winters for less than what i would pay for a runner out there. i'll end up getting something 100k-130k miles for about $10k or so.

this time, it's black only because they didn't have thundercloud in 99/00 (stronger transmission than 01/02 and rear locker).

cplvc
01-14-2008, 08:54 AM
That's good news Sean.

well i got a very nice call from someone special today. i estimate 1-2 weeks for truck delivery, :)

Seanz0rz
01-24-2008, 07:43 PM
mmmmm, its sooooo secksy!!!!!!!!

pics coming soon.

install was pretty easy and straight forward. i have some stuff to add, but ill post that up later.

great product, packaged very well. im not sold on the turn signals yet, ill have to see them in the dark. ill probably replace the bulbs with LED.

this weekend i will be installing some cheapo fogs until i can afford the piaa 510's.

thanks guys, i have an awesome story to tell, and ill share that with the pictures. i LOVE THE BUMPER!!!!

ill just edit this post:
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/hamiltoncomputers/DSC02206.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/hamiltoncomputers/DSC02207.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/hamiltoncomputers/DSC02208.jpg

got it painted and installed in a day. paint needs touch ups here and there, but its all good.

now on to the greatness of customer service shrockworks extended to me. i had originally ordered the full hoops. upon seeing others with the single hoop and the 3 hoops, i decided i preferred the single more. so i called them up, made the change no problem!!! i find out in the next few days that my original bumper was ready to ship, but nick stayed after work to get me what i wanted!!!!!!! that more than makes up for the long wait!!!! this is the nicest piece of fab work i have ever seen. welds, both visible and hidden, are all perfect rolls of dimes. i just cant say enough good things about this bumper!

one problem i encountered: when drilling the upper most hole in the bracket for the final fitting of the bumper, the hole was on the edge of the weld bead. i had to just use the head of the bolt with no washer to get it to fit there.

another suggestion, when drilling the bottom hole for the bracket, put your drill bit as far forward on the slot, as that seems to line up best with the fixed round top hole.

other than that, and maybe a few other things i cant remember right now, its perfect!

slosurfer
01-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Damn that looks awesome, Sean! :thumbup:

Marc P
01-25-2008, 06:47 AM
Looks great Sean.....now you have a locker and armor...no more excuses :flipoff:

cplvc
01-26-2008, 02:25 PM
Looks great Sean! What color did you paint it? My computer monitor is bad and I can't really tell the color, everything looks dark.

Bob98SR5
01-26-2008, 02:57 PM
alright dude, how bout some day time pics already, sean!

Seanz0rz
01-26-2008, 04:53 PM
haha day time pics? whats that? hehe, ill go take pics before it rains, but they wont be as purdy as what ill try to get tomorrow at school.

it is painted with Rustoleum silver Hammer finish, to match the sliders

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/hamiltoncomputers/DSC02211.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/hamiltoncomputers/DSC02212.jpg
up next to an 08 Civic
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/hamiltoncomputers/DSC02213.jpg
welds are amazing, even the non cosmetic welds look like this
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/hamiltoncomputers/DSC02215.jpg
gap:
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/hamiltoncomputers/DSC02216.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/hamiltoncomputers/DSC02217.jpg

fenrisx
01-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Looks great Sean. nice choice on the prerunner hoop ;0

neliconcept
01-26-2008, 08:41 PM
looks better in daytime, non metallic im guessing?

YotaFun
01-26-2008, 08:45 PM
That looks so sexy, I am uber jealous!

Seanz0rz
01-26-2008, 08:50 PM
its a hammer finish, so no not metalic, though it should have a bit more texture than that... the cold weather i painted in kind of ruined the paint. i may decide to just paint it silver, the same silver as my grill.

cplvc
01-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Cool, the daytime pics shows the color better :) Very nice!

turboale
01-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Hmmmm....

What are used ARBs going for these days?? :D

bamachem
01-28-2008, 12:49 PM
cheap. really cheap. since you're such a friend, bring it to my house and drop it off and i'll dispose of it for you so you won't have to waste your time and efforts in selling it for such a piddly amount. i'll make sure that it eventually goes to a good home on top of that. :D

turboale
01-28-2008, 01:09 PM
Got to love the kindness offered in this community! ;)

bamachem
01-28-2008, 02:15 PM
lol... i do what i can. :D

Seanz0rz
01-28-2008, 03:21 PM
one more pic, just because its my favorite

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/hamiltoncomputers/DSC02235.jpg

YotaFun
01-28-2008, 03:30 PM
god that is one sexy shot lol

cplvc
03-17-2008, 08:26 AM
Finally got mine installed over the weekend. Took a couple days, broke a couple drill bits and messed up knuckles. It was a bit tough to install...instructions could use more clarity. The six nuts for turn signals did not fit the bolts so I just zip tied them for now (not pictured). On to the pics...
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s129/cplvc/964runner/Shrockworks/CIMG0415.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s129/cplvc/964runner/Shrockworks/CIMG0418.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s129/cplvc/964runner/Shrockworks/CIMG0417.jpg

Seanz0rz
03-17-2008, 10:06 AM
looks awesome man!

cplvc
03-17-2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks Sean :thumbup:, your bumper looks great too...thanks for answering all my questions. I know I was calling you a lot, I just didn't want to screw anything up.

I owe you lunch next time I see you, just for offering to help :angel:

Seanz0rz
03-17-2008, 10:52 AM
haha no problem man, any time.

ToyFamily
03-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Finally got mine installed over the weekend. Took a couple days, broke a couple drill bits and messed up knuckles. It was a bit tough to install...instructions could use more clarity. The six nuts for turn signals did not fit the bolts so I just zip tied them for now (not pictured). On to the pics...
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s129/cplvc/964runner/Shrockworks/CIMG0415.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s129/cplvc/964runner/Shrockworks/CIMG0418.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s129/cplvc/964runner/Shrockworks/CIMG0417.jpg

PM me with your info and we'll get you some hardware for those signals, we had a mishap with our fastener supplier and only caught it after some orders went out. As for the instructions let me know what was not clear and I'll check it out.

Nick

Seanz0rz
03-17-2008, 11:12 AM
nick, ive been planning on giving you some updated instructions, ill probably start working on that this week/end as i will have more free time. just my way of giving back to a company that makes such an awesome product, and to help out future people installing. ill likely have some questions regarding what you think should be in there. well talk by email when that comes about.

ToyFamily
03-17-2008, 11:17 AM
I'd like to know the sections that are confusing or that I didn't clarify something. Having done it a few times I may have skipped over a small process that I do automatically. I want them to be detailed but not 10pgs. long and drownding you in BLA BLA.

Nick

Seanz0rz
03-17-2008, 11:59 AM
stuff like order of washers on the bolt. typically you do bolt, flat washer, frame, bracket, flat washer, lock washer, nut. this is what i did, and have always done, but it would be nice for that to be spelled out.

id have to look through the instructions again to find more.

cplvc
03-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Nick, thanks for responding. I'll send a PM with my info. Clarification, as Sean mentioned when to use washers, lock washers, bolt side or nut side to use washers that part was unclear. Also even after shaving the weld slag to make brackets flush, the bumper was so tight between the brackets I managed to drill the 4 holes on the brackets with the bumper in place (not without breaking drill bits and hurting myself :tapedshut:).

Instructions say to drill up through the bottom of the frame rails, you might want to mention so that its in line with the existing hole on top of the frame rail. However, if the brackets are are flush will automatically align them.

Instructions say to bolt the brackets to the existing tow hook/tie down holes, but doesn't say which bolts to use. The existing bolts for tow hook and tie down are different lengths between passenger and driver sides. I used existing bolts for drivers side and two out of the ones you supplied for passenger side. The longer existing bolts are not threaded all the way.

Overall the instructions are well detailed.

I have no complaints about how it looks :thumbup: its still a great bumper.