PDA

View Full Version : Tires Rubbing with 315/75/16's

TMR
08-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Anyone running 315/75/16s have/had any problems with their rear tires rubbing? (Charles or Bruce)
I'm running a Sonoran 1.51 (~3.5" in the rear) with a 4Crawler 1.5" BL. The tires are toyo open country m/ts. The fronts seem to be fitting in nicely, minus a little frame rub, but I was expecting that. The rear is a different story. Even after I pulled off the fender flares (which didn't inhibit it that much) its still rubbing something fierce in the rear. It's to dark to work on it now, but I'm thinking maybe trim the sheet metal on the bumper back a bit? That or maybe the new rear bumper just got pushed to the front of the line! Sorry about the pic quality, camera phone.

[thread title modified - Good Times]

Bighead
08-10-2007, 07:56 PM
I rub in the back also. Take a look at post #10 by Albuquerque Jim on the TOF thread below. Jim has some before and after photos of where he trimmed in the rear.

http://www.yotatech.com/f2/arghh-295s-endless-rubbing-101444/

calrockx
08-10-2007, 11:58 PM
My rear tires rub slightly on the fender flare to the front. It's pretty minor so I haven't bothered trimming back there.
With the custom rear bumper, the rear tires don't rub to the back at all.

BruceTS
08-11-2007, 10:24 AM
That's a common problem for the tire to rub against a stock bumper. You must trim the bumper or go with a custom rear one. As for the front, you will rub against the inner wheel well, so get your hammer ready to pound back some of the metal. Rubbing against the frame, well that's a given....are those OMF beadlocks I see?

TMR
08-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the help guys! I was planning on a custom rear bumper...Bruce did you ever go into any level of production on yours? :D :D :D :D

Yeah they are OMFs Bruce! I liked yours and Charles so much I had them make me a set too! Took the truck out today for its first run, but didn't get to air them down...Next weekend.

calrockx
08-12-2007, 11:38 PM
so THAT'S what mine would look like with domes :)

d0ubledown
08-13-2007, 08:14 AM
mine rubs in the rear on the rear mud flap area of my LTD flare/mudflap. doesnt bother me though as its only under full stuff that it happens. i was more concerned about the front rubbing @ 3/4 lock. a grinder made short work of that though...