PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Duty Radiator for 97 4Runner

97t4rnr
08-10-2007, 11:30 PM
Has anyone heard of a heavy duty radiator available for the 3rd generation 4Runner?

I have looked all over the the internet and even checked with a couple of places that were referenced by other vender's. No luck yet.

I have been pulling a camper that is within my limits, but the engine still runs hot and sometimes I have to pull to the side of the road to let her cool down.

Just had the service done about 10000 miles ago with a radiator flush and new coolant. Installed a transmission cooler after purchasing the camper.

Thanks for any input.

BruceTS
08-11-2007, 10:27 AM
As far as I know there are no HD radiators avaliable, you may try adding an electric fan to help with cooling. Personally I have never had overheating issues, my temp guage rarely goes over halfway even towing my boat.

Lee
08-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Has anyone heard of a heavy duty radiator available for the 3rd generation 4Runner?

I have looked all over the the internet and even checked with a couple of places that were referenced by other vender's. No luck yet.

I have been pulling a camper that is within my limits, but the engine still runs hot and sometimes I have to pull to the side of the road to let her cool down.

Just had the service done about 10000 miles ago with a radiator flush and new coolant. Installed a transmission cooler after purchasing the camper.

Thanks for any input.
you dont need one. if its running hot, there is something wrong with one or more components.

see this thread :)

http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=1933.0

97t4rnr
08-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the input. I had a friend that used to work for Toyota tell me the same thing about the fan clutch today.

Also of note, the camper I was pulling, brand new that I just bought, ended up with 2 faulty axles, and all four wheels were wore on the inside. Dealer is checking into the problem. Hopefully that may have been part of the problem.

Anyway, checking the fan clutch tomorrow.

Thanks for the help so far.

xcmountain80
08-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Agreed you shouldnt need one, I had mine out to replace because of a mystery hole. And damn that things pretty big, I'd dare to say almost as big as the one in our old 95 suburban. I was impressed to say the least.

Aaron