PDA

View Full Version : Got a New Friend Friday

reggie 00
08-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Have i ever told you my Brother is awesome sometimes?

To keep it short and simple... We had a job the other day to install some Equipment, customer wanted to know if he could trade some of the cost. Bro's call its his guys doing the work. Took a look at what he had, asked me what i thought.... And the rest is history.

My first love has always be a M1911A1. First pistol i ever shot. did a 332 out of 340.
Now i have this....

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n74/reggiemiller00/DSCF1594.jpg

research turned up this nice tidbit:

"I'll tell you something neat about the gun. It has a Series 80 serial number but it's one of the early ones that didn't have the damned firing pin block, like a Series 70 for a Series 80 price. And, it's not a Commander; it's a Combat Commander – all steel frame." I have since been told that these guns are actually Series 70 guns which got the “80BS…” serial numbers because of record-keeping issues at Colt, and not because they are actually Series 80 guns. It has no Series 80 parts or characteristics."

Now i just need to clear off my desk real quick on Tuesday so i can go put a couple in the Coke Bottle.

Did i mention i love this gun?

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n74/reggiemiller00/DSCF1596.jpg

And not that you get on the boards much.... But, Thank you Bro!!

oly884
08-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Sweet Reggie!

That's a nice looking pistol. Looks like it's got some use of of it, but that's a good thing!

Texas Jim
08-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Reggie, you owe the man big time!!! Do you know what year it was made? It looks like a sweet carry weapon!!! Little trigger work and some night sights and you my friend are in for some serious business!! :bowdown: < Reggie;

Reggie's brother (it's a what?) > :spit: TJ

reggie 00
08-13-2007, 07:36 PM
:lol:

He went and got a Helmet Cam so he can record his crazy antics on his Motard.

Not sure of the year i havent had a chance to call it in to see. I have been looking around at things to do to it. Not to sure of what has been done, previous owner was LE, and my customer is pretty knowledgeable. Not to sure about the grips might switch em out to a slim rosewood.

Bob98SR5
08-13-2007, 08:15 PM
reg,

niiiice! i like the idea re rosewood grips. is this gonna be your daily shooter? :)

bob

Peter
08-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Rosewood are nice. If you have sensitive hands (like I do) it'll hurt to shoot if you shoot a lot.
Tritium sights would be awesome too. I don't have any problems with the regular sights but night sights definitely make the shooting easier.

reggie 00
08-13-2007, 09:06 PM
Rosewood are nice. If you have sensitive hands (like I do) it'll hurt to shoot if you shoot a lot.
Tritium sights would be awesome too. I don't have any problems with the regular sights but night sights definitely make the shooting easier.
I'm looking at the Tritium sights. Don't think my hands are to sensitive but we'll see.

reg,

niiiice! i like the idea re rosewood grips. is this gonna be your daily shooter? :)

bob

I'm definitely going to file for my CCW. But my brother already started his so i know I'm gonna get denied at the city level, but hopefully it will pass at the county level.

Texas Jim
08-15-2007, 09:49 PM
Try cocobolo grips Reg check out www.fist-inc.com go to the LINKS and go to gun guy it will take you to a lot for different grip makers, I think you will find some great customs... TJ

PS check out the grips on the listing for J&S sales for a good quality of wood grip. TJ

reggie 00
08-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Thanks TJ I Will check that out. :thumbup: