PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for fixing sagging rear

Whiteboy5
08-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Could Someone Direct Me To A good Site For Replacing The Sagging Coils In The Back To Level it out. Thanks KC

[edit - thread title modified - Good Times]

ChickenLover
08-17-2007, 03:56 PM
Downey (Downeyoff-road.com) coils are a popular rear spring replacement. They will lift the rear about 1.5". Downey offers two types of springs for your 4runner; Heavy duty, and regular. Definitely get the heavy duty coils. The regular coils are way too soft and will eventually start to sag (I speak from experience). I'm running the HD coils now, and couldn't be happier with them. If I remember correctly, they were about 200 bucks.

Another option is oldmanemu.com.

Robinhood4x4
08-18-2007, 08:21 AM
Yeah, the most popular for just leveling or slightly higher in the rear are the downeys. You will be about an inch or two higher in the rear but it looks good.

UKMyers
08-22-2007, 10:34 AM
I ran Downey HD coils with Bilsteins for years. I've got a set of Downey coils (coils only no hardware) for cheap.

Paul H.
08-27-2007, 04:54 PM
I have the OME standard coils. My rear, of the truck that is, sits about 1 1/4 inch higher than the front. I like the raked look.

slowheelin
09-10-2007, 09:43 PM
I'm going to get those Downey coils eventually. Can you crank an inch of lift into the stock bars with out breaking anything? I don't want to go with a full on lift kit right now, I'd rather have some lockers instead.

slosurfer
09-10-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm going to get those Downey coils eventually. Can you crank an inch of lift into the stock bars with out breaking anything? I don't want to go with a full on lift kit right now, I'd rather have some lockers instead.

1 in. crank shouldn't cause any problems. 1.5 should be about the max, if you value your cv boots.

Robinhood4x4
09-11-2007, 06:29 AM
1 in. crank shouldn't cause any problems. 1.5 should be about the max, if you value your cv boots.

Ditto.

slowheelin
09-11-2007, 01:25 PM
I fixed mine by removing the trailer hitch - popped right back up. Of course that's not an option if your gonna pull stuff. Seriously though I'm going to get some of those Downey HD coils in the rear, that's sounding like a good bet.